Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Alsace T9 Battleship

31 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,549 battles

Just saw this on Facebook Alsace. A T9 French Battleship. It+s getting better and better. Such a beauty she is. Cant wait for the stats. Guess she will get 16inch guns :) 23926523_1521734054576285_6180143972410028493_o.thumb.jpg.ab2622ebbb81cfeba0be5975684226b3.jpg

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,908 posts
3,812 battles
26 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Just saw this on Facebook Alsace. A T9 French Battleship. It+s getting better and better. Such a beauty she is. Cant wait for the stats. Guess she will get 16inch guns :)

23926523_1521734054576285_6180143972410028493_o.thumb.jpg.ab2622ebbb81cfeba0be5975684226b3.jpg

Right now it looks like they will go with the 15" gun design. Which will probably be quite strong with 12 guns.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
9 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Just saw this on Facebook Alsace. A T9 French Battleship. It+s getting better and better. Such a beauty she is. Cant wait for the stats. Guess she will get 16inch guns :) 23926523_1521734054576285_6180143972410028493_o.thumb.jpg.ab2622ebbb81cfeba0be5975684226b3.jpg

She is truly impressive.

And that degrading shade camo looks cool also.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,516 battles

Impressive Yes really wonder what they put up as T10. Yamato did exist and Montana existed as a design ready to build but the rest....What can we expect and want 4x4x15 or 3x4x16 inch?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,070 posts
9,107 battles

ST, French Battleship Alsace, tier IX

Hit points - 69000, plating - 32 mm, belt - 275 - 350 mm. Main battery - 3x4 380 mm. Firing range - 21.5 km. HE damage - 5400, AP damage - 11900. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 277 m. HE initial velocity - 830 m/s. AP initial velocity - 830 m/s. Sigma count - 2.0. Maximum speed - 30.4 kt. Turning circle radius - 910 m., rudder shift time - 23.2 s. Surface detectability - 16.7 km, air detectability - 15.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 15.4 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 43%.

Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft/Catapult Fighter
Slot 4 - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,549 battles
22 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

ST, French Battleship Alsace, tier IX

Hit points - 69000, plating - 32 mm, belt - 275 - 350 mm. Main battery - 3x4 380 mm. Firing range - 21.5 km. HE damage - 5400, AP damage - 11900. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 277 m. HE initial velocity - 830 m/s. AP initial velocity - 830 m/s. Sigma count - 2.0. Maximum speed - 30.4 kt. Turning circle radius - 910 m., rudder shift time - 23.2 s. Surface detectability - 16.7 km, air detectability - 15.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 15.4 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 43%.

Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft/Catapult Fighter
Slot 4 - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

Not so bad :) Good torpedo protection. Maybe she will get bigger guns as a upgrade? Better precision than Gascogne. Very interesting ship. Wonder what the T10 will be? 

[XODUS]
Players
736 posts
4,201 battles
4 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Not so bad :) Good torpedo protection. Maybe she will get bigger guns as a upgrade? Better precision than Gascogne. Very interesting ship. Wonder what the T10 will be? 

Prob a Variation of the N2 (3x3 406mm) variation of the Alsace Class, this is the N3 (3x4 380mm)
i expect it will be a 3x4 406mm (the mythical n4 :P)

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,908 posts
3,812 battles
8 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

I expect the T10 to be the same ship with some slight tweaks (AA etc) but the main difference being the speculated 431mm guns instead of 380mm.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,842 battles
7 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

this is the N3 (3x4 380mm)

This has the guns that N3 was supposed to have, but the hull itself is actually the N2 variant. 

If the hull was based on N3 then the HP would be around 80k HP, the around the same Iowa has.

[XODUS]
Players
736 posts
4,201 battles
1 minute ago, Affeks said:

This has the guns that N3 was supposed to have, but the hull itself is actually the N2 variant. 

If the hull was based on N3 then the HP would be around 80k HP, the around the same Iowa has.

Prob Stock line stats as iirc the stock Iowa hull has only 69k HP and Hull B upgrades it too 80k odd.
a 13% improvement on HP (which is usual for hull upgrades) would bring her up to about 78K HP, which is pretty middle for T9 BB's

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,842 battles
1 minute ago, JaiFoh said:

Prob Stock line stats as iirc the stock Iowa hull has only 69k HP and Hull B upgrades it too 80k odd.
a 13% improvement on HP (which is usual for hull upgrades) would bring her up to about 78K HP, which is pretty middle for T9 BB's

I think so too maybe. The 23.2 second rudder shift really doesnt fit the high mobility flavor that the French are going for. For a B hull we would be looking at around 16-18 sec rudder shift which is fits the bill for the french.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Why do Battleships have to be faster and stealthier than cruisers? I really do not understand your logic when it comes to game balance, WG.

• Cool 3

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
24 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Why do Battleships have to be faster and stealthier than cruisers? I really do not understand your logic when it comes to game balance, WG.

How is this thing better concealed and faster than CAs? 30,4 kn is slower than every CA on tier IX and X and the only CA with worse concealment is the Movska which is half a BB itself anyway.

Without any skills and upgrades that is. Not in the mood to crunch numbers right now.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
17 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

How is this thing better concealed and faster than CAs? 30,4 kn is slower than every CA on tier IX and X and the only CA with worse concealment is the Movska which is half a BB itself anyway.

Without any skills and upgrades that is. Not in the mood to crunch numbers right now.

30,4kn vs 31,5 of the Hinden. But with speed boost it will be faster.

And it has only 200m worse concealment than the Hinden.

Except the Hinden has nowhere near enough survviability as this thing does.

But who gives a EDIT, the fact that there are usually 1-2 CA in high-tier matches probably means nothing, right?

Edited by Kampa1987
swear word

[ADRIA]
Players
4,217 posts
6,775 battles
4 hours ago, robihr said:

think they fixed the typo.. seems like it is t8 :Smile_child:

is it? I mean, they already teased 2x t8 BBs -> the one with layout like Dunkerque and the one with layout like Graf Spee. This being 9 would make more sense, unless the Dunkerque style one is scrapped

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

is it? I mean, they already teased 2x t8 BBs -> the one with layout like Dunkerque and the one with layout like Graf Spee. This being 9 would make more sense, unless the Dunkerque style one is scrapped

you sure that they teased 2 t8 bb? i think they teased only 1 t8 from normal line. and t9 doesnt make sense atm cause it is usually either ranked reward of free xp ship (they said that normally t9+ ships wont be sold in premium ship) and musashi will come soon. edit: this was regular bb :) thought it was prem

and stats would suggest that it is t8 ship. with 63k hp i dont think it can be t9 ship (unless they put british super heal).

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
304 posts
2,214 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I highly doubt richelieu got scrapped.

It would be the same as scraping fletcher or Iowa.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,217 posts
6,775 battles
41 minutes ago, robihr said:

you sure that they teased 2 t8 bb? i think they teased only 1 t8 from normal line. and t9 doesnt make sense atm cause it is usually either ranked reward of free xp ship (they said that normally t9+ ships wont be sold in premium ship) and musashi will come soon.

and stats would suggest that it is t8 ship. with 63k hp i dont think it can be t9 ship (unless they put british super heal).

The first one (the one that is expected to be in the line) - the Dunkerque layout -> named something like Richellau

And then the 2nd one with a layout like Graf Spee was teased on DevBlog & mentioned on Forums yesterday - named something like Gascone (re-reading that I'm 100% sure that's not quite correct, Gas-Cone lmao:cap_haloween:)

And then this is Alsace, a 3rd ship for the spot

I mean, they seem to be fast (and maybe nimble? the rudder shift is not bad) so it's more the case of "battlecruiser" than "battleship" so I guess less health would make sense... then again, if they follow the same RN BB pattern of "Error 404: Armour Not Found" they really will need a good heal. But then once again their accuracy and range seem to be rather good, which could indicate that they are supposed to stay at long ranges and avoid taking too much damage that way :cap_old:

Looking at their stats I get the feeling that Amagi could be of a rather similar style to them :cap_yes:

40 minutes ago, rigawe said:

I highly doubt richelieu got scrapped.

It would be the same as scraping fletcher or Iowa.

Exactly, don't think it was. And as that "Gas-Cone" (as I still don't remember the name and am too lazy to look it up :cap_haloween:) is said by many to be the tier 8 premium - Alsace could be the tier 9

One thing I don't quite understand is why do their 380mm guns get full 30s reload, don't the Monarch, Bismark & Derpitz have like 26s on their 381s?

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles
6 hours ago, robihr said:

you sure that they teased 2 t8 bb? i think they teased only 1 t8 from normal line. and t9 doesnt make sense atm cause it is usually either ranked reward of free xp ship (they said that normally t9+ ships wont be sold in premium ship) and musashi will come soon.

Only that Alsace HP is 69k, not 63k.

So far:

T3 Turenne: 34.4k

T4 Courbet: 38.2k

T5 Bretagne: 38.3k

T6 Normandie: 44.7k

T7 Lyon: 46k

T8 Richelieu: 54.5k

T8 Gascogne: 63.2k

T9 Alsace: 69k

Sign in to follow this