You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheNamelessLegend

List of ships and mechanics that need reworking

56 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts
2,570 battles

Here I have a list that needs nerfing/reworking and my suggestions on how:

British battleships - Fire chance should be greatly reduced, their overpowered heal should be set to a heal that is marginally better than their counterparts, and on higher tier ships their AA should be reduced a little
Cruisers - Increase rudder shift time, increase turning circle radius, decrease RoF with high explosive loaded
Belfast - Remove Radar and smoke
Flint - Remove radar and smoke
All Battleships - increase accuracy, reduce the chance to be set on fire
HE in general - reduce fire chance and decrease RoF
Large guns (above 283mm) increase RoF and increase accuracy

Until these changes or something similar is implemented, the Belfast, Flint and British battleships should be BANNED from Random and ranked battles

Players
16 posts
2,570 battles

Then please teach me what I'm doing wrong. I reached tier 10 without premium (but I do have a premium ship that a friend bought me as a gift) I have over 1500 battles in random battles

Beta Tester
3,909 posts
13,851 battles
26 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

British battleships - Fire chance should be greatly reduced, their overpowered heal should be set to a heal that is marginally better than their counterparts, and on higher tier ships their AA should be reduced a little
Cruisers - Increase rudder shift time, increase turning circle radius, decrease RoF with high explosive loaded

Until these changes or something similar is implemented, the Belfast, Flint and British battleships should be BANNED from Random and ranked battles

So, in total You want BBs buffed even more and make all other classes into targets for target practice, right?

As Your stats are private - what could just be the reason for that? - one might think that You're just getting Your soggy behind slapped by other classes too often and now whine for a BB buff, because BaBBy...

But hey, of course that is just an assumption.

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,853 posts
6,160 battles
18 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

Cruisers - Increase rudder shift time, increase turning circle radius, decrease RoF with high explosive loaded - NO
All Battleships - increase accuracy - Heck NO

[CATS]
Players
14,742 posts
10,882 battles

4 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

Then please teach me what I'm doing wrong. I reached tier 10 without premium (but I do have a premium ship that a friend bought me as a gift) I have over 1500 battles in random battles

Your exact mistakes are not apparent from your post, therefore I can only give you general advice:

• Do not sail alone
  • Communicate with your team
  • Use your teammates for spotting
  • Watch your minimap
  • Learn fire control, BB can burn a lot without any need for damage control

[NWP]
Players
3,580 posts
5,919 battles

1. Yes, the HE spamming BB meta is toxic.

2. Hell no, Hell no, no

3. Belfast would be fine without Radar OR without HE. Cant take smoke from it, it kinda needs that to survive. Smoked up Cruisers arent invulnerable, u can learn to shoot them.

4. Dont have that ship, seen it maybe 5 times in my time playing, dont really care about it.

5. LOL NO.

6. No

7. Again LOL no

I see u are somehow mad (pissed) that probably a Cruiser killed u with HE. Cruisers need to hug islands and shoot from stealth pretty much all the time, thx to BBs getting all the buffs in the world. Nerfing Cruisers will not give u the desired effect. U would literally need to shoot through Islands to fullfil your vision :cap_haloween:

edit: looked at your Profile:

Start playing Cruisers if they are so bad and OP. U will very fast realize that its not the case...

• Cool 1

Players
16 posts
2,570 battles

It's hard to communicate with your team when nobody listens, or when they do they don't actually do anything
It's hard to sail alone when you have no friends
It's hard to control your fires when (even after you have fire prevention and the modules, AND when you only put out 2 or more fires) you just get set on fire again immediately

Players
757 posts
3,227 battles
28 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

Okay pretty sensible

25 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

YO WOT. SIR, DO YOU KNOW, YOU ARE ALMOST DESCRIBING A BB HERE??!!! Cruisers speed, ROF and turning is what makes them CRUISERS!

Make it so that you can change Radar with smoke not so bad! they are after all easy to citadel  (provided you aim properly)

27 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. 

:fish_palm:

:fish_panic: NO

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Well, not as bad as expected but how about you do a few (hundreds) more CA and DD battles?

You have played CAs up to tier 5 which - frankly - tells you nothing. The problems arise at higher tiers and I agree that CAs don't need any nerfs.

It's hard to communicate with your team when nobody listens, or when they do they don't actually do anything
It's hard to sail alone when you have no friends
It's hard to control your fires when (even after you have fire prevention and the modules, AND when you only put out 2 or more fires) you just get set on fire again immediately

Then don't make others listen but watch where your team is heading and join them. In a reasonable manner of cause.

Then look for friends, e.g. in the clan section here on the forum.

Then don't expose yourself too much and make a better job at determining when to retreat or take cover.

[XODUS]
Players
737 posts
4,212 battles
37 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

1: British Battleship HE is not quite as broken as many people think although at High tier the destruction of modules is an issue, you want all BB's to be like british, take IFHE. Issue is the 1/4 Damage mechanic not the fire chance. 
2: No, just no each cruiser line is unique, you nerf the RoF on Soviet and French Cruisers they become worthless, by all means nerf the rate of fire on British Cruisers though for firing HE :Smile_hiding::Smile-_tongue:
3: Paid for Premium, no longer on sale, cannot change terms of usage under Commercial Law, if done so that is a breach of contract which opens up the entire company to a law suit. 
4: Reward ship, also Flint doesn't have Radar.
5: NO, to improve all game play, increase sigma on Battleships by at least 0.1 to decrease accuracy at range. 
6: Fire chance is fine, Rate of Fire is fine.
7: the larger the gun more inaccurate, again to improve game play increase sigma to decrease accuracy at range.

Belfast is no longer on sale, again commercial points, there are more Krispy Kreme's on the server than Flints and British Battleships are not as overpowered as everyone thinks.
use F3.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 minute ago, JaiFoh said:

3: Paid for Premium, no longer on sale, cannot change terms of usage under Commercial Law, if done so that is a breach of contract which opens up the entire company to a law suit. 

I doubt that WG risks a law suit when taking away smoke and radar from the Belfast. The ships (and your account and basically everything) is still their property while you only have permission to use it.

I think it rather is a PR issue because hard nerfing/"destroying" a ship thousands of players paid for will cause an uproar and in the end drive away paying customers and keep away new players from the game.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
23 minutes ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

Either you can play or not what have prem ships to do with it? And not being great at the start isnt a bad thing as long as someone learns in the progress.....

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Find friends and join a clan? No thanks I'm not a scumbag

*Complains about sailing alone because he has no friends*

*Friends and clans are only for scumbags*

Thanks, you just made my day. :Smile_teethhappy:

Why do you think joining a clan and/or have friends to play with is only for scumbags?

Was it not only a single CA player who led to your "suggestions" but a whole CA division from the same clan? :Smile_hiding:

Also, pointing out bad grammar (and I think it is not, besides that Spellfire40's post misses a apostrophe and maybe a punctuation AFAIK) while not responding to any point made makes it look like you are missing any actual arguments and are not willing to discuss but to either troll or let out steam. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
18 hours ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

Also what the [edited]does "AFAIK" mean?

AFAIK means "as far as I know".

And I am still waiting for a reason why clans are for *Edited.

Besides that, in my initial post I didn't suggest to join a clan but to look for friends to play with, "e.g. in the clan section on this forum" which was only an example where you could look.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
18 hours ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

*Edited

Why do you say that?

I am in a clan, dont consider myself *Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content and inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,329 battles

Stop it with the insults dude. This will get you nowhere! But tbh, seeing how you react to others opinions, this whole thread is useless.

So fellow forumites, just ignore this thread.

• Cool 3