You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Gascogn French Beauty on the horizon

195 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
8,076 posts
6,015 battles
1 hour ago, Gojuadorai said:

so you find it fun to have secondaries firing for the looks?

cause as long as they dont get the german 1/4 pen they are useless....

i dont care aboout  bad players ?

why should i desinge a line so that bad players don"play them wrong" and ruin it for good players??

flat arcs + high vertical base deviation = super frustrating mix 

look at the LWM review the only ships that got GUDBOTE were those that have to many guns as that horrible dispersion would matter...

coincidence ? i dont think so....

also i want is reasonable acc at normal ranges to be usefull in any phase of the game  AND have a new line that can be brought to competetve not only IJN and USN cause thats how it is since release....

Don’ get me wrong - I am really looking forward to the line and I want the ships to be competitive. But the IJN sniper dispersion pattern + the current very long FR range isn’t going to happen. In general It doesn’t look like WG is keen on giving new BBs a sniper pattern (Roma, even Kii got reduced sigma) - and mind you the IJN was one of the first lines. I think they try to steer away ppl from BB sniping but not hugely successful do far I guess. You have a point though about ppl are sniping regardless - every time I see a German BB sniping I want to scream. However I doubt WG will create another preferred-style- sniper line in the current state of the game. Just my thoughts you are obviously entitled to your opinion and wishes 

However I am still kind of missing a role/identity for these ships - not sure if they really have one yet? 

EDIT: I like secondary guns for the fun of brawling - these guns set an appropriate scene though they are not super effective 

Players
2,831 posts
17,871 battles
17 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

However I am still kind of missing a role/identity for these ships - not sure if they really have one yet? 

well  it would have been so easy  to make them :

-fast respotitioning

- smaller than usual cal 

- longrange firepower

- 2nd bset aa

- not so much hp/armor

that would put them  somewhat ijn usn but

faster reposition with less pen and alpha but flatter arcs and less tank

Beta Tester
730 posts
6,111 battles

Cascogne should swap places with the Richelieu.

Why bother to buy the Dunkek when you can just get a better version of it like the Richelieu? Als the Cascogne literraly plays just like the T10 cruiser France.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,358 posts
34,420 battles
24 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Cascogne should swap places with the Richelieu.

Why bother to buy the Dunkek when you can just get a better version of it like the Richelieu? Als the Cascogne literraly plays just like the T10 cruiser France.

No every historical ship should not be premium it is only paper from T6-10 if not Richelieu is there in the tech tree

[DREAD]
Players
8,076 posts
6,015 battles

So... Jean-Jacques has landet. Time to finish the challenges and level him up - I would like to make him another Free Captain XP maker together with Gascogne. Was her Sigma buffed to 1.9 btw?

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,984 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

So... Jean-Jacques has landet. Time to finish the challenges and level him up - I would like to make him another Free Captain XP maker together with Gascogne. Was her Sigma buffed to 1.9 btw?

Sigma buffed to 1.9 and cooldown on repair party reduced by half. So 40 sec cooldown on premium heal...

Range nerfed but who cares about that.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
8,076 posts
6,015 battles
8 hours ago, Affeks said:

Sigma buffed to 1.9 and cooldown on repair party reduced by half. So 40 sec cooldown on premium heal...

Range nerfed but who cares about that.

Do I get it right that the Captain’ Container missions are available until 2-March? That would be convenient?

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,984 battles
5 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Got the captain today - now I need the ship :-)

Any news when she will Ben released?

Did you get enough for the collection through the missions?

[DREAD]
Players
8,076 posts
6,015 battles
4 hours ago, Affeks said:

Did you get enough for the collection through the missions?

No I picked up 20 containers in the shop and completed the first part (12 containers). 

I heard you also get these boxes through CBs though 

[CAIN]
Players
3,671 posts
14,454 battles
22 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

New and better view of new French Royal camo for Gascogne and Richelieu.

btw, Gascogne will have main battery reloading time reduced from 30 to 28 seconds.

27982948_10216075643910831_6271125018159

28 sec reload? It should stay at 30, but that's just my opinion.

Also,. i love the camo! Now i can say 'our BB chickens out' and not get reported for it! ^^

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
20 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

28 sec reload? It should stay at 30, but that's just my opinion.

Also,. i love the camo! Now i can say 'our BB chickens out' and not get reported for it! ^^

Yap, that golden big cockerel on front does looks funny.

Nice camo. To me this looks like a wedding decoration.

[DREAD]
Players
8,076 posts
6,015 battles
14 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

But come on... a [edited] at the bow...? Really? Isn’t there enough other stuff to joke about?

Personally I appreciate the reload buff as it further makes up for bad dispersion + 8 guns. Looks like a good ship to me know even if I still wish for longer legged Secondaries.

EDIT: the forum software didn’t even like the word apparently :-)

[CAIN]
Players
3,671 posts
14,454 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

It's funny indeed, yet strangely it's also a nice looking camo overall...minus the chicken on the bow.

Still, i'd like to see a really offensive(!) chicken camo for BBs, which is applied ( and has -50% to XP, captain XP and credits, +20% dispersion bonus for enemy shells, +10% camo penalty and -10%HP )

after ~10chicken points have been received and cannot be removed by the player.

People who snipe, camp and hide get 'rewarded' with chicken points which prolongs the duration of the camo being applied by several games.

People who tank and play supportive can get the camo removed after the 'chicken point counter' has reached 0, damage dealth is not considered by the calculation!

Players with the chicken status, are not allowed to report other players, can't be complimented while the camo is applied and are not allowed to form divisions unless the division mate(s) also have the chicken status.

We also need new awardsa and achievements for both groups, nice ones for team players and ugly offensive ones for chickens.

These awards automatically replace patches and emblems ( and later clan emblems) selected by the player.

I'm pretty sure the chat in game would be hilarious, not to mention the manic laughter of Jingles when he comments on replays.

#thereIFixedTheBBProblem

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles

But come on... a [edited] at the bow...? Really? Isn’t there enough other stuff to joke about?

Personally I appreciate the reload buff as it further makes up for bad dispersion + 8 guns. Looks like a good ship to me know even if I still wish for longer legged Secondaries.

EDIT: the forum software didn’t even like the word apparently :-)

From what I saw, those guns dont have bad dispersion. But I think Alsace will be OP.

What word?

27 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

It's funny indeed, yet strangely it's also a nice looking camo overall...minus the chicken on the bow.

Still, i'd like to see a really offensive(!) chicken camo for BBs, which is applied ( and has -50% to XP, captain XP and credits, +20% dispersion bonus for enemy shells, +10% camo penalty and -10%HP )

after ~10chicken points have been received and cannot be removed by the player.

People who snipe, camp and hide get 'rewarded' with chicken points which prolongs the duration of the camo being applied by several games.

People who tank and play supportive can get the camo removed after the 'chicken point counter' has reached 0, damage dealth is not considered by the calculation!

Players with the chicken status, are not allowed to report other players, can't be complimented while the camo is applied and are not allowed to form divisions unless the division mate(s) also have the chicken status.

We also need new awardsa and achievements for both groups, nice ones for team players and ugly offensive ones for chickens.

These awards automatically replace patches and emblems ( and later clan emblems) selected by the player.

I'm pretty sure the chat in game would be hilarious, not to mention the manic laughter of Jingles when he comments on replays.

#thereIFixedTheBBProblem

I think its the best looking camo next to that grey-terracotta and red-blue-white French camos.

Good ideas for punishment of bad, offensive and chicken players. I would add to that idea and forcing those players to play with rainbow flag.

[CAIN]
Players
3,671 posts
14,454 battles
3 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

From what I saw, those guns dont have bad dispersion. But I think Alsace will be OP.

What word?

I think its the best looking camo next to that grey-terracotta and red-blue-white French camos.

Good ideas for punishment of bad, offensive and chicken players. I would add to that idea and forcing those players to play with rainbow flag.

c o c k

Because the guy who did the swear filter had a wicked mind and was vegan.

• Cool 1

Players
1,058 posts
6,557 battles

This royal camo looks great!

Even though I'm french, I have no problem with the c o c k on the bow :)

After all, it's another french symbol.

• Funny 1

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
40 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

c o c k

Because the guy who did the swear filter had a wicked mind and was vegan.

Ah, the other word for p-nis.

Yea probably is vegan. Not many people in the world doesnt like c o c k's / chickens.

Just bought my first and only 3 premium containers because of boredom and got Bretagne + Normandie + 1000 doubloons and 10 Ouroboros. Very nice.

• Funny 1

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,984 battles

So wheres Gascogne?

Am I missing something here?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

"Chicken" on the front clearly needs a ramming bonus of some sort...

:Smile_hiding:

Players
1,058 posts
6,557 battles
4 hours ago, Affeks said:

So wheres Gascogne?

Am I missing something here?

New premium shop arrivals are on Friday I think, right?

So she should be there today normally.