Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rone_Doe73

DD limitation from T8 up to T10

67 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
5,031 posts
19 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

Again, the amount of DDs just aren't that high.

*Edited

From the last couple of days playing the amount of DDs is higher than usual in my games (not saying its bad).

And we all know that MM is not a constant for ALL players *Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,333 battles
19 hours ago, nambr9 said:

From the last couple of days playing the amount of DDs is higher than usual in my games (not saying its bad).

And we all know that MM is not a constant for ALL players *Edited

First of all. He did not merely say "last few days" (not that a few days worth of sample size is worth anything), nor did he merely say "in my games" or "in my observation". He made a statement about facts, which are entirely wrong, leaving the only two options him either being ignorant (even after tobyjug posted the actual numbers in this very thread) or intentionally lying, QED.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,333 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Since I am not in the mood for this (again), I rest my case. Enjoy.

It's easy to rest a case when one has none, at least you have that.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
34 minutes ago, VooDooZG said:

ATM we have 4-5 DDs and 4-5 BBs and 2-3 cruiser like in 70-80% of time, so WG it is about time to introduce restriction in class  max of 2BBs and 3DDs   will give us nice balance in game 

Where i come from, ATM = AT THE MOMENT, so his statement is perfectly correct.

Learn to read before telling someone that he is a liar...

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,333 battles
34 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Learn to read before telling someone that he is a liar...

First of all, there's no actual evidence for there being even remotely that many DDs even during this mission chain.

And "atm" could mean today, this week, or this month, so contorting yourself to make his ridiculous claim appear even remotely true just make you seem desperate. Nor is a particular few days where you see a few more of a ship type at some tier in any way relevant to actual game balance or the overall spread of ships you see, nor would it make sense in any sort of way for WG to cap ship class numbers based on one weeks small change to to a mission they themselves added. If anything them adding such missions might very well be them actually trying to make more players actually play DDs to increase their ACTUALLY LOW numbers.

Also, the question was, is he ignorant or lying, with the largest odds being on simple ignorance (fueled by observational bias). It's just amazingly galling that someone would continue to post claims like these after other players have linked to the actual numbers showing how this just cannot be.

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,329 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21

Players
4,720 posts
7,615 battles
57 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

If there is a problem it's going from "this week there are 4-5 DD per team" to "WG should limit the number of DD per game".

No, WG should stop holding idiotic mission chains that force everybody to play one class thus disrupting the game's balance, and then adjust class balance until the desired population of BB/DD is achieved.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,329 battles

try to play a game at t8/9/10 and then come back and tell me what did you see - ok ..

until then

wanna-join-the-quad-threat-sorryyoure-just-not-important-to-us.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,178 posts
21,870 battles
5 hours ago, eliastion said:

Sorry to say, but it's you who's wrong in this case T0byJug - your numbers on DD numbers are not applicable currently. You see, you failed to actually monitor the state of the game - right now we have a DD-specific mission chain that (apart from other rewards) makes you eligible for getting a couple hundred Elite XP - a worthwhile prize, especially for people who don't really have 19-skillpoint captains yet. As a result, we're seeing much more DDs than normally. 4-5 DDs per side happens very often. And getting a match with less than 6 DDs (3 per side) is a bit of a rarity right now.

OK EU numbers not published for last week..  Asia server is though

Asea Sever 2 months ending 25/11 

DDs were 22.13% of ships brought out (Pretty similar to EU)

Week ending 25/11 on Asian sever (when DD mission was active)

DD population was 26.3% of ships brought to battle 26.3% so a 4% increase (not much then)

So if we assume EU will be about the same.  26.3% of 12 is 3.1

so the average DD per team is 3.1.. This is more inline with how the normal Average should be (IF we did not have such a heavy BB meta)

Also to have 4 or 5 DD on average in 70%  to 80% of of games as quoted on this thread the DD population would have to be Much much Higher.

in order to get the AVERAGE DD in battle to be 4-5 we would need about 40%+ of Ships to be DD

USA for same week period has 30% BUT before you jump.  Thats still well below 4-5 DD 70% of games.. Also if we look at the 2 months ending in 25/11 the NA server has a DD population of 26.6%. this would suggest that NA server has a Normally higher DD population than the other servers..

But maybe i am wrong in a few hours we will probably have EU serve numbers.. Lets see if we have had an 18% jump in DD population not the 4% we have had on both other regions 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Ive been loking at https://eu.warships.today/vehicles

i know it might not be up to date, but after looking the numbers, i think it might actually be.

Yesterday ships played T8-T10

DD: 46866 (32,47%)

BB: 48409 (33,54%)

CA: 45065 (31,23%)

CV: 3958 ~~ (2,74%)

So basicly we have a matchup which is pretty much 4/4/4 on average hightier yesterday (might not actually be yesterday but who knows lol)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,333 battles
11 minutes ago, VooDooZG said:

try to play a game at t8/9/10 and then come back and tell me what did you see - ok ..

until then

I have. and I haven't seen anything extraordinary. However I try to not go looking to confirm my biases. Especially given how you'd need a fairly large, and way larger than most players could ever play in a week, to get a statisticly significant picture just from your own games.

And to add something to tobyjugs numbers, EVEN if we for a single week have a slightly higher DD population due to a mission, then that by itself is not in any possible way a reason to cap DDs to some absurdly stupidly low number, only to ask WG to stop making mission chains that only or mostly requires one ship type to finish.

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
21 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

To many Destroyers. But also to many Battleships. But when i play with Destroyers so would i rather face 5 battleships than 5 Destroyers. Balance in game must change 

Cruisers for everyone.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,178 posts
21,870 battles
On 27/11/2017 at 4:46 PM, T0byJug said:

OK EU numbers not published for last week..  Asia server is though

Asea Sever 2 months ending 25/11 

DDs were 22.13% of ships brought out (Pretty similar to EU)

Week ending 25/11 on Asian sever (when DD mission was active)

DD population was 26.3% of ships brought to battle 26.3% so a 4% increase (not much then)

So if we assume EU will be about the same.  26.3% of 12 is 3.1

so the average DD per team is 3.1.. This is more inline with how the normal Average should be (IF we did not have such a heavy BB meta)

Also to have 4 or 5 DD on average in 70%  to 80% of of games as quoted on this thread the DD population would have to be Much much Higher.

in order to get the AVERAGE DD in battle to be 4-5 we would need about 40%+ of Ships to be DD

USA for same week period has 30% BUT before you jump.  Thats still well below 4-5 DD 70% of games.. Also if we look at the 2 months ending in 25/11 the NA server has a DD population of 26.6%. this would suggest that NA server has a Normally higher DD population than the other servers..

But maybe i am wrong in a few hours we will probably have EU serve numbers.. Lets see if we have had an 18% jump in DD population not the 4% we have had on both other regions 

OK so the numbers are in.. for EU server

Tier VIII-X ships brought to battle week ending 25/11/2017

DD=27% so average of just over 3 DD per team

BB=38%

CV=2.5%

CA=38%

So conclusions OP and others here saying most games have 4-6 DD per team is Bull. 27% is not a high number for DD so there is no DD spamming.

Players
4,720 posts
7,615 battles

Just a quick thought on the topic:

There do seem to be a lot more DD about at mid-tiers. this could skew the numbers of DD appearing in T8-10 battles without appearing in the list of T8-10 ships brought to battle.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,178 posts
21,870 battles
2 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Just a quick thought on the topic:

There do seem to be a lot more DD about at mid-tiers. this could skew the numbers of DD appearing in T8-10 battles without appearing in the list of T8-10 ships brought to battle.

Look at other thread.. tier V-X it's only 24.7% DD. Only. Posted tier VIII to X here as that is what thread is about..

Players
4,720 posts
7,615 battles
4 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Look at other thread.. tier V-X it's only 24.7% DD. Only. Posted tier VIII to X here as that is what thread is about..

Yep, just crunched the numbers myself and T5-7 is about 24%.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this