Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rone_Doe73

DD limitation from T8 up to T10

67 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
645 posts
9,842 battles
8 hours ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

Am I alone to think that 5 or 6 DD on each side, from T8 up to T10 is insane ?

That means about 50 to 75 torpedoes every minute or 1.5 minutes .......

This mechanic is killing the game after T8 : no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers.

With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD (as they are supposed to do) when the are more than 2.

BB can't survive to a single T9 or T10 DD torp drop .....

Wargaming, any chance to think about adding a DD number limitation, from T8 up to T10 ?

What about 2 or 3 DD max per side ?

I agree with you. To many Destroyers. But also to many Battleships. But when i play with Destroyers so would i rather face 5 battleships than 5 Destroyers. Balance in game must change 

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
9 hours ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

...no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers...

You play cruisers, but want fewer DDs in the game?  Why?

[0031]
Beta Tester
352 posts
4 hours ago, kfa said:

Its still in the game, played on it twice recently. I think its T9-T10 matchmaking only now, but i remember one of my best Murmansk game (25 fires) was on this map :D

Ok, did not see it for ages. It should be played at lower tiers too imho. The shock! ;-) @kfa impressive!

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
3 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Hmmm, it's almost as if there is some correlation between the battleship heavy meta and the number of destroyers... :Smile_smile:

Almost as if the battleships drive away all cruisers, leaving only destroyers to fill out the slots...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
14,634 battles
16 hours ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

That means about 50 to 75 torpedoes every minute or 1.5 minutes .......

This mechanic is killing the game after T8 : no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers.

With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD (as they are supposed to do) when the are more than 2.

BB can't survive to a single T9 or T10 DD torp drop .....

Wargaming, any chance to think about adding a DD number limitation, from T8 up to T10 ?

The only limition should be on mong players that are so inept/low iq that they cause their teams to lose time after time, but hey that is exactly what Wargaming wants so that the players are so frustrated that they buy premium and gold. You can't balance your way out of stupid players.

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts

As a DD and Cruiser player I don't mind 4 or 5 DD's a side, they can be countered reasonably by tactics and weight of fire. Excessive BB numbers just choke cruiser play off and DD's are about the only option to play without resorting to a BB myself. 

[THESO]
Players
5,043 posts

I have been writing here about how WG hard-shifts meta with their missions.

Today its BB overpopulation, next week DD overpopulation ... and so on.

Proven that it does not work, yet they are still doing it.

Once the missions pass, things will return to normal (BB overpopulation).

PS:

Once PA DDs are released, expect more posts on this matter tho :), cause BB players tend to CRY a lot.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts

Unfortunately they appear to have failed to implement Deep Water torpedoes in a way that makes light cruisers immune to them so every one of the few cruisers still played will potentially also eat the torps from these DD's.

What started out as a bit of a BB counter is now going to make the lives of cruiser captains more "challenging".

I will be one of the people playing the Pan Asian DD's even though I happen to think the "country" is hopelessly contrived and an obvious marketing tactic.

It's high time they improved the IJN torpedoes or at least reduced what I understand have been excessive nerfs. 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

It's high time they improved the IJN torpedoes or at least reduced what I understand have been excessive nerfs. 

I kinda think, that ship has sailed...

New line = $$$

Rebelancing existing line of ships = No $$$ but still need to put workhours into it

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,199 posts
21,928 battles
22 hours ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

Am I alone to think that 5 or 6 DD on each side, from T8 up to T10 is insane ? Rubbish the stats 2 months ending 11/11/2017

Ships brought to battle

BB 44.2%

CV 2.6%

CA 30.2%

DD 22.2% thats an Average of 2.2DDs per team per match

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20171111/eu_2month/average_ship.html

That means about 50 to 75 torpedoes every minute or 1.5 minutes ....... As others said Do math again

This mechanic is killing the game after T8 : no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers. Realy so why do BB/CA make up 3/4 of ships being played

With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD (as they are supposed to do) when the are more than 2. MMM Very few have 12km+ torps in fact there are 3(Shima/Gearing and Yugumo out of 20 possible DDs these 3 make up 9.6% of ships brought to battle. So on average there is 1 DD [er team with 12km +torps and all have 114+ sec reload

BB can't survive to a single T9 or T10 DD torp drop ..... Learn to play... they can Easily

In short you are talking rubbish

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

In short you are talking rubbish

Sorry to say, but it's you who's wrong in this case T0byJug - your numbers on DD numbers are not applicable currently. You see, you failed to actually monitor the state of the game - right now we have a DD-specific mission chain that (apart from other rewards) makes you eligible for getting a couple hundred Elite XP - a worthwhile prize, especially for people who don't really have 19-skillpoint captains yet. As a result, we're seeing much more DDs than normally. 4-5 DDs per side happens very often. And getting a match with less than 6 DDs (3 per side) is a bit of a rarity right now.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
17 minutes ago, eliastion said:

As a result, we're seeing much more DDs than normally. 4-5 DDs per side happens very often. And getting a match with less than 6 DDs (3 per side) is a bit of a rarity right now.

A high number of DDs isn't really that much of a problem. DDs counter each other very well when there are a lot of them. Compare that with BBs, that counter CAs and CLs very well no matter numbers, and only once those are sunk, they counter each other. The real problem is the lack of CAs and CLs. Considering how ships interact, those should be the most numerous. Hopefully a sustained high number of DDs will reduce the number of BBs and bring out more CAs and CLs.

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
14,634 battles
1 minute ago, AnotherDuck said:

A high number of DDs isn't really that much of a problem. DDs counter each other very well when there are a lot of them. Compare that with BBs, that counter CAs and CLs very well no matter numbers, and only once those are sunk, they counter each other. The real problem is the lack of CAs and CLs. Considering how ships interact, those should be the most numerous. Hopefully a sustained high number of DDs will reduce the number of BBs and bring out more CAs and CLs.

To add to that, the normal behaviour of the average BBaby is to camp in the rear at their guns' maximum range and wait for all DDs to kill each other so whether there are 2 or 5 DDs on each team doesn't change a thing.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
Just now, AnotherDuck said:

I don't say it's that much of a problem (in fact, I said something opposite in a lengthy post on the previous page) - I just pointed out the fact that T0by brought up stats that are not relevant to the current experience (that likely spawned this thread in the first place). At the moment talking about 5 DDs per team isn't that much of a stretch - it happens relatively often right now. This will likely die down quickly, but for now that's the situation.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,719 battles
On 26.11.2017 at 0:16 PM, gekkehenkie50 said:

The amount of DDs will reduce once:

• WG adresses the current BB meta in which BBs are overperforming
  • WG rebalances CVs (especially high tier) to make them more attractive
  • WG increases the viability of cruisers and their utility

Once WG does not make Missons that require high Torp damage and Flooding.......and are prequisite to move on in the Mission chain

[KTS]
Players
359 posts
6,636 battles

As a cruiser main, i prefer 5 dd per games than 5 bbs. :Smile_trollface:

However, too many dds can bring to a lot of one-sided matches, if your dds are potatoes and enemy dds are good, you have lost before start (and vice versa of course).

I think that next week situation will return to usual 5BB and 2-3DD per side. 

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,719 battles
50 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Sorry to say, but it's you who's wrong in this case T0byJug - your numbers on DD numbers are not applicable currently. You see, you failed to actually monitor the state of the game - right now we have a DD-specific mission chain that (apart from other rewards) makes you eligible for getting a couple hundred Elite XP - a worthwhile prize, especially for people who don't really have 19-skillpoint captains yet. As a result, we're seeing much more DDs than normally. 4-5 DDs per side happens very often. And getting a match with less than 6 DDs (3 per side) is a bit of a rarity right now.

And you dont see why many DDs dont are as disrupting as many BBs. DDs have to get past each other to get to the higher value targets BBs do not and once one side has won the DD vs DD battle BBs are usally on the way to the mapboarder if tehy moved from their spawn at all....and you still have to live with maps were a single randar cruiser can close down 2 caps as once. Plus the sentence "With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD"

shows exactly that its a perceived thing becasue there are exactly 2 DD in the game that have over 15km torps and do you really fear a 20km shima?

Torp atacks are done from ca 7 km when there are no randar ships to have anychance to hit especally with the random windown in spread that perfectly fit a BB once the Torps traveled a copple of km. Radar Cruisers by their presence alone lower the number of hits by forcing DDs fo drop fromlonger range. and only a handfull of DDs lanching from near detection range have the chance to hit ships on a away course.

if one side wins the DD vs DD battle the caps are usally lost but analyze why that usally happens. Could it be that the wining side actually had ships near the caps while your own suporting shits havent toched their w key before teh 1st friendly DD died in the cap and then lamenting about n00b own DDs and too many DDs?

Players
182 posts
3,092 battles

For me 5 BBs per side is just fine, more damage to farm ;) but playing a DD (especially IJN ones) in a 5vs5 DD game is frustrating, you either spend the whole game knife fighting and trying to survive (when you get spotted and see priority target number being closer to 10 you have to bail), or you get focused down early in the game. Being a BB in a 5vs5 DD fight would be easy, just stay back and let them kill each other, but I'm too stupid to stay back and snipe so can't complain when I get torped :D

Sadly stats don't show percentual damage done :(

As for the cruisers, can't really say, currently the only cruiser that I'm playing is Zao, so more the BBs the happier I am.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
15 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

And you dont see why many DDs dont are as disrupting as many BBs.

If you say I don't see something, you could at least make the effort of reading my posts in this very thread, including one I linked just three posts before yours  after someone else tried to correct me.

Funny, how pointing out that some numbers don't really apply to current situation gets people triggered here... It doesn't matter to what extent DD overpopulation is or isn't disruptive - if someone claims that there is no overpopulation at the moment (and brings up old stats to prove it), he's still wrong. DDs are currently played a lot and yesterday at least they seemed to be about as populous as BBs if not more.

PS: One more thing: DDs actually are pretty disruptive in these numbers, just not for BBs but rather for other DDs.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
55 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

To add to that, the normal behaviour of the average BBaby is to camp in the rear at their guns' maximum range and wait for all DDs to kill each other so whether there are 2 or 5 DDs on each team doesn't change a thing.

Honestly, if I'm in a BB and there are many DDs in the game, I can usually much more safely get closer, since they make for an effective torpedo picket.

44 minutes ago, Favuz said:

However, too many dds can bring to a lot of one-sided matches, if your dds are potatoes and enemy dds are good, you have lost before start (and vice versa of course).

Statistically it's more likely that you have at least one good DD player if you have five than if you only have two. With few DDs, there's an even greater chance one side will quickly lose all DDs, which can make for a lopsided game.

16 minutes ago, eliastion said:

If you say I don't see something, you could at least make the effort of reading my posts in this very thread, including one I linked just three posts before yours  after someone else tried to correct me.

I don't think you should talk about correcting and people not reading your posts if you can't read other posts yourself. In no place did I say you claimed many DDs were a problem.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,199 posts
21,928 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

LOL ok well if the OP is complaining that a 1 1/2 weeks of a DD mission is ruining the game .. Realy.. :Smile_facepalm:.....

IF there has been a High DD count makes a change form high BB numbers.. 

Also as others have More DDs is better for CA/BB as the DDs have to fight each other.. Trust me most DD commanders Love it when there is only 1 or 2 DD per team... we have a target rich environment. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,329 battles

ATM we have 4-5 DDs and 4-5 BBs and 2-3 cruiser like in 70-80% of time, so WG it is about time to introduce restriction in class  max of 2BBs and 3DDs   will give us nice balance in game 

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,385 battles
19 hours ago, VooDooZG said:

ATM we have 4-5 DDs and 4-5 BBs and 2-3 cruiser like in 70-80% of time, so WG it is about time to introduce restriction in class  max of 2BBs and 3DDs   will give us nice balance in game 

Again, these numbers for DDs simply ARE NOT TRUE.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful and non constructive comments.
  • Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,043 posts
19 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

Again, these numbers for DDs simply ARE NOT TRUE.

*Edited

Dont see anything wrong with his post. How about you fix your attitude?

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,385 battles
19 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Dont see anything wrong with his post. How about you fix your attitude?

Again, the amount of DDs just aren't that high.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this