Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rone_Doe73

DD limitation from T8 up to T10

67 comments in this topic

[EUSKA]
Players
9 posts
7,771 battles

Hi guys,

Am I alone to think that 5 or 6 DD on each side, from T8 up to T10 is insane ?

That means about 50 to 75 torpedoes every minute or 1.5 minutes .......

This mechanic is killing the game after T8 : no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers.

With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD (as they are supposed to do) when the are more than 2.

BB can't survive to a single T9 or T10 DD torp drop .....

Wargaming, any chance to think about adding a DD number limitation, from T8 up to T10 ?

What about 2 or 3 DD max per side ?

• Cool 6

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,195 battles

Get some radars then. I think 5 bbs per team is much worse

• Cool 11

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,362 battles
1 minute ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

This mechanic is killing the game after T8 : no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers.

With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD (as they are supposed to do) when the are more than 2.

Any chance to think about adding a DD number limitation, from T8 up to T10 ?

The amount of DDs will reduce once:

• WG adresses the current BB meta in which BBs are overperforming
  • WG rebalances CVs (especially high tier) to make them more attractive
  • WG increases the viability of cruisers and their utility
  • Cool 11

[HAERT]
Players
414 posts
5,983 battles

I think its just bad right now because of the suite of missions for the Pan Asian DD introduction.   5-6 DD's per side was not very frequent before.   

Just que in a dd hunter CA and it can be a blast :)

• Cool 7

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,014 posts
8,078 battles
6 minutes ago, gekkehenkie50 said:

The amount of DDs will reduce once:

• WG adresses the current BB meta in which BBs are overperforming
  • WG rebalances CVs (especially high tier) to make them more attractive
  • WG increases the viability of cruisers and their utility

Exactly. With a healthy amount of CVs, there would be far less BB/DD and cruisers would be once again useful instead of hiding behind islands at 18km as it is now.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
14 minutes ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

Wargaming, any chance to think about adding a DD number limitation, from T8 up to T10 ?

cruisers got hydro, just go hunt. Just be careful when you go after 2 dds at the same time.

BB's, screw them, who cares? They are always at the map borders, anyway.

Players
1,513 posts
10,546 battles

It is better than the static battering matches of 5 BB each side.

Getting deleted by AP salvos left and right no matter how you angle is about as "fun" as dodging torps all day. You can dodge the torps even if they are well-aimed, not so much the AP.

Also DDs die quick, BB not so much. If you feel helpless in a BB, I suggest you play DD hunter cruisers like USN og RN and equip hydro. 

Also this:

44 minutes ago, Hawg said:

I think its just bad right now because of the suite of missions for the Pan Asian DD introduction.   5-6 DD's per side was not very frequent before.   

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
252 posts
13,339 battles
49 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Agree, before launching of this mission I was often alone or in two in Hatsu/Fletcher/Gearing in our team... And DDs are mostly in first minutes of battle fighting with enemy DDs - so after couple minutes 80% of DDs are bubbling to the  sea bottom... BBs infestation is much worse :).

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles
1 hour ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

Which T8 - T10 DDs have a 1 minute reload on their torpedoes?

How many T8 - T10 DDs have torpedoes that go beyond 15km?

"BB can't survive a single T9 or T10 DD torp drop" - You do know you can use these buttons "A" and "D"?

Yes, 5 DDs per team might be a bit too much, but imo 5 BBs per team is far worse. - and the latter occurs (a lot) more frequent than the former

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles
1 hour ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

Lets see..

Generic claim about DD population that's entirely contrary to actual numbers.

Ridiculous claims about how many torps these mythical DDs would be able to fire.

Ridiculous claims about the ranges on most torps.

Ie, l2p issues and whiner issues.

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Capping both DDs and BBs to 3 per side would go a long way to improving the game play at all tiers really, not just T8+. Wouldn't hold your breath for it happening any time soon, if at all, though.

• Cool 8

[BLITZ]
Players
2,079 posts
9,146 battles
2 hours ago, Hawg said:

Absolutely this.

Don't you remember the release of RN/KM battleships? Or Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya?

This will always happen when WG isn't making counter-missions.

[CATS]
Players
14,752 posts
10,885 battles
21 hours ago, Rone_Doe73 said:

Hi guys,

Am I alone to think that 5 or 6 DD on each side, from T8 up to T10 is insane ? No, there are many clueless players.

That means about 50 to 75 torpedoes every minute or 1.5 minutes ....... Check your math

This mechanic is killing the game after T8 : no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers. Then you are doing it wrong.

With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD (you are not very well informed about DD, please start learning) (as they are supposed to do) when the are more than 2.

BB can't survive to a single T9 or T10 DD torp drop ..... You ARE REALLY doing it wrong!!

Wargaming, any chance to think about adding a DD number limitation, from T8 up to T10 ? No

What about 2 or 3 DD max per side ? No

Edited by Nohe21
* This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of red text.
  • Cool 3

[NKK]
Beta Tester
615 posts
6,299 battles
29 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

Capping both DDs and BBs to 3 per side would go a long way to improving the game play at all tiers really, not just T8+. Wouldn't hold your breath for it happening any time soon, if at all, though.

Completely agree. Overpopulation of BBs and DDs is a problem. 

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,712 battles

i hate it as well. but not for those reasons. no 5 dds per game makes for boring games when all your dds or the enemy team dds get roflstomped. because they dont know how to play.

• Cool 1

[0031]
Beta Tester
339 posts
2 hours ago, kfa said:

Exactly. With a healthy amount of CVs, there would be far less BB/DD and cruisers would be once again useful instead of hiding behind islands at 18km as it is now.

I miss the map "ocean" No camping "angled" behind an Island like they are a bunch of WOT-players at Himmelsdorf.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

more DDs = less BBs

less BBs = more CAs

more CAs = less DDs

less DDs = more BBs

more BBs = less CAs

less CAs = more DDs

And so it continues... except right now it doesnt

The fact that we easily can have 5 BBs and 5 DDs per team most games tells us more about the DD power (or lack of it) and CA survivability (or lack of it) than anything else

I do agree that games with 4 or 5 DDs per side tend to be even more campy than usual and generally aren't that fun, but then again a similar argument can be made for any other class

[NWP]
Players
3,589 posts
5,930 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I do agree that games with 4 or 5 DDs per side tend to be even more campy than usual and generally aren't that fun, but then again a similar argument can be made for any other class

Matches with lots of Cruisers are usually most fun. Cant really tell how it would be on hightier, since those matches dont exist there :cap_old:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Matches with lots of Cruisers are usually most fun. Cant really tell how it would be on hightier, since those matches dont exist there :cap_old:

well, getting HE spammed to death by 4...5 cruisers isn't exactly fun, also higher up DDs life should be harder against CAs

but then again you're right, the sample size of those games is too small to judge

[NWP]
Players
3,589 posts
5,930 battles
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

well, getting HE spammed to death by 4...5 cruisers isn't exactly fun, also higher up DDs life should be harder against CAs

Ye ofc this is true, but both teams have lots of Cruisers then. If u get HE spammed to death by many Cruisers (f.e. in a BB) then u fucked up by a) going to the wrong place and/or b) not supporting your own Cruisers. A Cruiser cant happily shoot a BB when he is getting shot at himself.

Help a Cruiser to get rid of the enemy Cruiser and he can help u in return :cap_like:

[WGP2W]
Players
1,424 posts
9,973 battles
On 11/26/2017 at 3:33 PM, ColonelPete said:

Hi guys,

Am I alone to think that 5 or 6 DD on each side, from T8 up to T10 is insane ? No, there are many clueless players.

That means about 50 to 75 torpedoes every minute or 1.5 minutes ....... Check your math

This mechanic is killing the game after T8 : no more pleasure to play BB or cruisers. Then you are doing it wrong.

With torp of 15km range, cruisers can't approach and spot DD (you are not very well informed about DD, please start learning) (as they are supposed to do) when the are more than 2.

BB can't survive to a single T9 or T10 DD torp drop ..... You ARE REALLY doing it wrong!!

Wargaming, any chance to think about adding a DD number limitation, from T8 up to T10 ? No

What about 2 or 3 DD max per side ? No

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles
41 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

more DDs = less BBs

(...)

The fact that we easily can have 5 BBs and 5 DDs per team most games tells us more about the DD power (or lack of it) and CA survivability (or lack of it) than anything else

(...)

Let me correct you here. You see, the problem with DDs isn't that they are not powerful enough against BBs. They are really strong. The problem is, however, that "more DDs = less BBs" does not work due to the way DDs kill BBs. Basically, DDs, to kill BBs, need to get to them. And to do that, they need to get through enemy DDs. So while 1-2, maybe 1-3 DDs increase the danger to enemy BBs, this does not really scale beyond that, because at that point DDs are pretty much stuck hunting or avoiding enemy DDs. The more DDs there are in the game, the bigger % of them dies in the first minutes. If there is 1 or 2 DDs per side, you can sometimes see all of them afloat for the whole duration of the match. If there's 5, you usually end up seeing

a) one team's DDs obliterated

or

b) both teams reduced to 1-2 dds in the firtst 5-8 minutes

In both cases BBs only start being seriously torped once the number of DDs has been reduced significantly.

What it means in practice is that while the potential number of torps in the water increases, the actual torpedo threat (to BBs at least) doesn't significantly increase whether the enemy has 3,4 or 5 DDs - because the number of DDs your own team has to compensate makes enemy torps much less dangerous. Enemy either needs to get through (through your team's DDs) OR they need to be a long-range torps that can be spotted and even if not - will disperse much more, making it easier to dodge most or all of them.

Basically, overpopulation of DDs doesn't hurt the game for other classes that much because DDs generally counter other DDs in such situations. Of course, there can be games where friendly DDs don't do sh*t and enemies just carpet torp the sh*t of you, but these are really an exception rather than a rule, even if there's 5 DDs per side. To compare, overpopulation of BBs is a much bigger problem - unlike DDs, BBs are not stopped by enemy BBs from projecting their power. While with many DDs in the match they WILL primarily get into each other way and pose a threat to each other, BBs are still going to sit slightly further to the back, posing a threat primarily to enemy cruisers and only with no viable cruiser targets - to other BBs.

To wrap it up - increasing DD power wouldn't have as much of an impact as you think. In fact, PA DDs might put a dent in this whole scenario, as their torps are harder to spot on the way AND they don't really hit enemy DDs. What it means is that deepwater torps on DDs make their long-range torping less vulnerable to lucky spots by enemy DDs, while also reducing the threat to enemy DDs (in matches full of DDs the DDs become pretty vulnerable to random encounters with torpedo soup themselves).

I do agree that cruisers are extremely vulnerable to BBs, though. Some of them can kite very successfully, but getting closer (without an island to hide behind or smoke capability to make yourself hard to nail) is a death wish for them...

• Cool 6

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,014 posts
8,078 battles
1 hour ago, Berk_NL said:

I miss the map "ocean" No camping "angled" behind an Island like they are a bunch of WOT-players at Himmelsdorf.

Its still in the game, played on it twice recently. I think its T9-T10 matchmaking only now, but i remember one of my best Murmansk game (25 fires) was on this map :D

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this