Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Venatos

More Info in the Armorviewer?

7 comments in this topic

Question

[_VV_]
Players
20 posts
3,251 battles

Could we get "Overpenetrated by" values in the Armorviewer? im getting pretty tired of doing the math all the time and there is plenty of room in the little overlay that shows the armorvalue when you mouseover a section.

since im already here some other UI-requests:

1.the HE pen value would be nice to squezze somewhere into the "HEshell characteristics" since its different for different nations etc. now.

2.you do a cool thing in some videos where you show the penetration value of a shell for 3 different distances. i think people would get a kick out of a little table in the "APshell characteristics" with that info. most people have no idea that small caliber AP can go through pretty thick armor at close range....

get rid of the shell velocity if you need the room, i cant change it, or use it and its not helping me play. after the first or second salvo i fire in a ship i figured out the lead i need to give. knowing that the shell leaves the barrel at 925kph isnt helping the first 2 salvos either. also shells have different drag, so beyond 5km this becomes even more useless and on top of that i have a "time to target" right next to my crosshair that tells me all i need to know in that regard.

i know there are a lot of important values and the basic UI has to be kept simple. how about making a detailed PortUI and accessing the "extended"-PortUI with the "advanced Info" key that shows all the details in battle?

i think i speak for all longterm players when i say, that it would be realy appreciated to have a convenient way to access the juicy bits without scouering third party websites and videos...

6 answers to this question

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,654 battles

Theres not much point in these armor mechanics at all, since its been rewritten by RNG, where DD 10mm platings can bounce 380mm+ shells, where the next time you get several citadels on a Yamato 15km away at an angle.

Id rather want to know how overmatching interacts with auto bounce, since its as random as anything else, aiming anywhere is meaningless due to shell dispersion, if RNG says 'FaQ', you wont get any damage/hits on flat broadside 10km away.

[UNICS]
Players
1,207 posts
15,028 battles
12 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Theres not much point in these armor mechanics at all, since its been rewritten by RNG, where DD 10mm platings can bounce 380mm+ shells, where the next time you get several citadels on a Yamato 15km away at an angle.

Id rather want to know how overmatching interacts with auto bounce, since its as random as anything else, aiming anywhere is meaningless due to shell dispersion, if RNG says 'FaQ', you wont get any damage/hits on flat broadside 10km away.

10 mm cant bounce 380mm shells , it can bounce 143mm shells

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,654 battles
9 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

10 mm cant bounce 380mm shells , it can bounce 143mm shells

Tell this to the drunk RNGesus, not me...Shooting a Gearing with Yamatos ap i had bounces, figures, lolpen Yamato my a$$...

[UNICS]
Players
1,207 posts
15,028 battles

your talking nonesense, its game mechanics its impossible to bounce on gearing because no armor value part is more than 460 / 14.3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,222 posts
6,782 battles
5 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

your talking nonesense, its game mechanics its impossible to bounce on gearing because no armor value part is more than 460 / 14.3

rather it should be impossible, but it's not

sometimes it feels like autobounce angles have higher priority than overmatch

[UNICS]
Players
1,207 posts
15,028 battles

over-match is checked first then auto-bounce angles 

Sign in to follow this