You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vistulus

Royal Navy DD

12 comments in this topic

Question

[RN-R]
[RN-R]
Beta Tester
116 posts
5,748 battles

Any news when the RN DD line will be released, nice to see that at least some of the models already exist (and very happy for those who want to see them in Pan Asian colours) just very keen to understand when I can use my Tribal class DD to sink those Jerry DD's in the Fjords!

11 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,389 posts
6,102 battles

@creamgravy what a nice Mountbatten Pink there :)

British destroyers are definitely in the books, in the future - though right now we have other fish to fry. Or ships to build.

[RN-R]
[RN-R]
Beta Tester
116 posts
5,748 battles

So basically every other nation gets it's line completed sequentially and the British don't.......... honestly you wonder why you're accused of bias.........

Players
940 posts
8,490 battles

I have the Cambletown (Tier 3) ...got her from a magazine offer... she is fun to play and I would like to see the British DD line as I love my Destroyers.

Given we now have Pan Asian surely it cannot be too long before the RN Destroyers get their foot in the door.

I am but waiting...:Smile_sceptic:

[CR-S]
Players
338 posts
18,336 battles
On 27.11.2017 at 4:16 PM, creamgravy said:

Leaders or fleet destroyers first?

You mean we could get 2 British destroyer-lines from the get-go? :Smile_ohmy:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles
On 04/12/2017 at 0:12 AM, Tuccy said:

@creamgravy what a nice Mountbatten Pink there :)

British destroyers are definitely in the books, in the future - though right now we have other fish to fry. Or ships to build.

@Tuccy  Ow that was bad old Chap Really BAD.... But made me chuckle   

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles
On 05/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, Vistulus said:

So basically every other nation gets it's line completed sequentially and the British don't.......... honestly you wonder why you're accused of bias.........

Said this before on other threads.. Other nations are easy as there are very few Choices of DD.. In the time line of this game RN have over 40 distinct DD Classes In the second world war period  alone we have DDs with 102mm/120mm guns  In single and double turrets ships with 4-6 or 8 guns. with surface or Dual Porpoise configurations. 1 or 2 sets of Torpedo tubes. Its a huge Job to pick which DDs To Represent in game, this takes time

• Cool 1

Players
2,376 posts
15,503 battles
8 hours ago, drmajga said:

You mean we could get 2 British destroyer-lines from the get-go? :Smile_ohmy:

We should end up with 3 very different RN destroyer lines.

Fleet destroyers (Standard, in between IJN and US destroyers. Single fire torps as gimmick)

2. Laforey 

3. M-S class (Phra Ruang)

4. V-W class

5. Amazon/Ambuscade

6. Interwar (Gallant)

7. WEP

8. J/K/N (Gadjah Mada is a joke at tier 7)

9. Battle

10. Daring

Destroyer leaders (Line of Kidd, one bank of torpedoes + heal from tier 5)

2. Talisman

3. Parker

4. V-Leader (Vampire)

5. Scott class (Jianwai)

6. Interwar leader

7. Tribal

8. L/M

9. Design V

10. Design L72

Support destroyers (4" DP guns with good AA and support gimmick consumable)

Weapon, Gael, WAIR etc

• Cool 1

[RN-R]
[RN-R]
Beta Tester
116 posts
5,748 battles

Still no indication from WG..... We have had pan-Asian (lots of ex-RN DD's), now we are getting French BB and some US cruisers....

Will we get the RN BB line in 2018?

• Bad 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,210 battles

English BB are already in game ...

The 2018 planning we were given for new year eve has english DD scheduled for this summer.

[ETD5]
Players
268 posts
1,602 battles
On 5/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, Vistulus said:

This statements isn't true. Only IJN and US get their lines completelly released before any other Nation was added to the game. For other nations, the line release is mixed between them. I've checked the wiki (guess I've got too much free time) and these are the release lines in order (also patch included) since the release of the KM BB line:

1. KM BB Line (0.5.10)
  2. RN CA Line (0.5.13)
  3. KM DD Line (0.5.16)
  4. French CA Line (0.6.4)
  5. RN BB Line (0.6.10)
  6. PA DD Line (0.6.14)
  7. French BB Line (0.7.2)

So you can see there's a trend that each Nation starts with the CA Line, then gets the BB line and finally get the DD line and they are mixing countries instead of completing all lines of one country. With the exception of PA that they got the DD line first as except Gadja Madah all the other destroyers already existed in game and only needed to do some tweaks (DW torps, radar and other stuff).

22 hours ago, Vistulus said:

Still no indication from WG..... We have had pan-Asian (lots of ex-RN DD's), now we are getting French BB and some US cruisers....

Will we get the RN BB line in 2018?

RN BB line is in game. However, I think you where meaning RN DD line. At last Q/A they said that the most likely sceniario for this year is the release of 4 lines. As French BB lines is one of them and I think we can count US CA split as another line, there are possibilities that one of the other 2 lines is the RN DD line. (NoirLotus stated that it's planned for this year). I also guess we will get the RM (regia marina) CA line this year.