Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Crac

CA citadel

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4 posts
3,664 battles

so wrong that 2 hist can take you to 5% or dead, No other ship has that problem, and the DPS dose not make up for that.

If I get a citadel form a BB now, i just quit and start a new. You will make more  exp that way.

Its OK when I'm in a BB to see big numbers on a CA, but then its down to to game not skill, no fun, unless your a potato who can only pay BB or DD.

Players
1,422 posts
13,026 battles

What? Are you saying one class is stronger than the rest? 

Hmmm. Which class could that BBe? 

• Cool 6

[ADRIA]
Players
4,217 posts
6,775 battles

Stop giving BBs your flat side if you don't like getting smacked :fish_palm:

Which other class can 1shot others? If we exclude detonations - anything that has torps so that would be all DDs, all CVs aaand almost all cruisers. I guess that leaves just the US CAs as the one class from whom you wouldn't expect onehits and like tier 1 & 2 cruisers of all nations?. And then again, cruisers can still 1hit DDs. so that leaves just the tier 1s without the onehit potential. So if you really want games where onehits aren't a thing - be my guest, go back to tier 1, that's the only escape. Altho I'm pretty sure Black Swan acts sort of as a BB of those tiers citadelling everything as the only tier 1 with AP, so quite possibly you can't hide even there. Tough luck

Also:

1 hour ago, Crac said:

unless your a potato who can only pay BB or DD.

Oh let me guess, you play only cruisers

*one quick stats check later*

Oh well wasn't that obvious. I farm potatoes like you, those flat sides are such nice targets to hit

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,102 posts

I assumed from the OP that this guy was a relative newbie with a few low tier ships then I looked at the stats..... Load of free XPing done and no lessons learned after 2.5k battles.

Astounding.

Yes Cruisers get deleted by Battleships, it's not RNG it's aiming and as a cruiser player I've had to learn that positioning and angle is vital, now I'm far from a good player, in fact I'd class myself as a complete potato, but even I do my best to learn and improve.

Players
590 posts
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Stop giving BBs your flat side if you don't like getting smacked :fish_palm:

Which other class can 1shot others? If we exclude detonations - anything that has torps so that would be all DDs, all CVs aaand almost all cruisers. I guess that leaves just the US CAs as the one class from whom you wouldn't expect onehits and like tier 1 & 2 cruisers of all nations?. And then again, cruisers can still 1hit DDs. so that leaves just the tier 1s without the onehit potential. So if you really want games where onehits aren't a thing - be my guest, go back to tier 1, that's the only escape. Altho I'm pretty sure Black Swan acts sort of as a BB of those tiers citadelling everything as the only tier 1 with AP, so quite possibly you can't hide even there. Tough luck

Also:

Oh let me guess, you play only cruisers

*one quick stats check later*

Oh well wasn't that obvious. I farm potatoes like you, those flat sides are such nice targets to hit

You are joking if you think the only time ships like the new Orleans get citadelled is when they show broadsides?

NO and Mogami get citadelled by BB's from ALL angles and ALL ranges.

The only way to be sure you won't get citadelled is by not getting hit.

[NWP]
Players
1,768 posts
12,129 battles
6 hours ago, Crac said:

so wrong that 2 hist can take you to 5% or dead, No other ship has that problem, and the DPS dose not make up for that.

That is indeed the downside of playing cruisers. Their flexibility makes up for it though.

6 hours ago, Crac said:

If I get a citadel form a BB now, i just quit and start a new. You will make more  exp that way.

Might as well stop playing the game if you plan to act like a baby.

The only way to make more XP is to actually improve your skills, you'll get better results that way:

- enable replays;

- after you get citadelled and game ends, go back and look at replays;

- see who citadelled you and where you were positioned and angled;

- see if there was anything you could have done to avoid it;

- rinse and repeat after every game you got deleted: any player with half a brain that's not mute to self criticism will learn from this;

If in any case you can't find anything, you could make a decent post on the forums ( not like thise one ) and ask people to look at some of your replays to give you some tips and tricks to improve your gameplay.

6 hours ago, Crac said:

Its OK when I'm in a BB to see big numbers on a CA, but then its down to to game not skill, no fun, unless your a potato who can only pay BB or DD.

I still prefer a lot of BB when playing BB, a good CA player is way more annoying cause you'll: a) never see him, b) won't have shots on him, c) hardly ever be able to hit him when a and b are not true. And that comes mostly down to skill from the CA part.

• Cool 2

[DIKI]
Players
986 posts
295 battles
6 hours ago, Crac said:

Funny when somebody who has potatostats and exits game if gets citadeled calls others potatos if they play ships he can not play himself

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts
7 hours ago, Crac said:

Enough in this statement to judge the type of player OP is. :Smile_facepalm: 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,535 posts
5,870 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Which other class can 1shot others? If we exclude detonations - anything that has torps so that would be all DDs, all CVs aaand almost all cruisers. I guess that leaves just the US CAs as the one class from whom you wouldn't expect onehits and like tier 1 & 2 cruisers of all nations?.

Des Moines can oneshot Neptune and Minotaur f.e. But i think this is highly theoratical. BBs have the best 1shot capability of all classes imo. Because getting 3 Citadels out of 8-12 bullets isnt unlikely, yet hitting almost all torps against a BB is very unlikely, unless u sit right next to him ofc... But then we could say most Cruisers could kill each other with one salvo too.

8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And then again, cruisers can still 1hit DDs. so that leaves just the tier 1s without the onehit potential.

Hmm no? Are u talking about T2 Cruisers or DDs in general? :cap_hmm:T2 Cruisers dont have torps and their Alpha HE damage is insufficent to 1hit DDs.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,217 posts
6,775 battles
3 hours ago, Lin3 said:

You are joking if you think the only time ships like the new Orleans get citadelled is when they show broadsides?

NO and Mogami get citadelled by BB's from ALL angles and ALL ranges.

The only way to be sure you won't get citadelled is by not getting hit.

I'd play cruisers myself if you didn't get citadelled through bow / stern, but lets face it - it's way less likely to happen compared to when you are flat broadside to a target

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,681 battles

This topic crops up fairly often, i really enjoy the usual replies - 

Get gud.

Learn to play.

Dont show side.

Go back to lower tiers.

Your a potato.

All missing the point as usual. No matter the skill level shown CA/CL take massive damage frequently from BB in stealth at long range and it is crying out for an improvement from WG. As a cruiser main i accept that if i make a mistake i am punished but a lot of times it is almost impossible to avoid. Allowing multiple citadel from long range on ANY ship should in my opinion be removed. Any shot over 15k should not yield multiple citadel hits on any ship. Just my opinion although i am fairly happy with cruisers due to the versatlity of the class. I have some awful games but also some amazing games and thats why i love cruisers.

Sign in to follow this