Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hopfolk

Insta-Service Carrier?

16 comments in this topic

[-SWS-]
Players
12 posts
3,126 battles

Hi ppl.

Just played a map and saw a Zuiho insta-service it's TB squadrons - like, they flew to the ship, disappeared, reappeared, then started flying right back at me - no wait,  2 TB attack sorties in as much time as it took to fly back to the CV.

Has anyone seen this before because I assume it's some kind of hack.  TBs on the Zuiho have like a 25 second service time, don't they?

Cheers

Hopfolk.

[DSW]
Players
3,785 posts
7,726 battles

you do realize the Zuiho has two TB squads? I suspect he landed one and launched the other (possibly had been destroyed elsewhere so you didnt see it return)...

[-SWS-]
Players
12 posts
3,126 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you do realize the Zuiho has two TB squads? I suspect he landed one and launched the other (possibly had been destroyed elsewhere so you didnt see it return)...

2 x TB squadrons came at me and bracketed me, then the same two squadrons came back at me within 30 seconds.

Players
3,325 posts
5,771 battles
15 minutes ago, hopfolk said:

I wish I knew how :)

Then I guess there is no replay. You have to enable it:

1. Open for editing the preferences.xml file.

2. Scroll it till the last lines:

</scriptsPreferences>
</root>

3. Paste this line before </scriptsPreferences> line

<isReplayEnabled> true </isReplayEnabled>

4. This is how you should see the result:

<isReplayEnabled> true </isReplayEnabled>
</scriptsPreferences>
</root>

5. Save file & launch the game client.

6. Enjoy the game!

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,400 posts
13,813 battles
1 hour ago, hopfolk said:

TBs on the Zuiho have like a 25 second service time, don't they?

Actually no. With proper captain skills taken IJN TB squads only need 16 seconds to service. Combine that with the fact that you can land 2 squads at a time and you get:

- recovery time: ~10 seconds (you can actually accelerate this a bit by going backwards as soon as your planes are landing. Likewise it's going to take longer if you're moving forwards)

- service time: 16 seconds

- launch time: 20 seconds total (10 seconds for each squad)

Then you need to add flight time, which depends on the proximity of the CV.

Assuming he was in close proximity to you AND he had no deck activity otherwise 30 seconds until he can launch his first squad back into action seems reasonable.

EDIT: Totally forgot about it because usually no one ever uses it but there is an upgrade you can slot that cuts down service time even further (so with all skills and the upgrade taken IJN TB service time would be ~14 seconds).  May even make sense to use it on a Zuiho considering your fighters are kinda dead weight anyway as you cannot strafe.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,203 posts
6,775 battles
19 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Actually no. With proper captain skills taken IJN TB squads only need 16 seconds to service. Combine that with the fact that you can land 2 squads at a time and you get:

- recovery time: ~10 seconds (you can actually accelerate this a bit by going backwards as soon as your planes are landing. Likewise it's going to take longer if you're moving forwards)

- service time: 16 seconds

- launch time: 20 seconds total (10 seconds for each squad)

Then you need to add flight time, which depends on the proximity of the CV.

Assuming he was in close proximity to you AND he had no deck activity otherwise 30 seconds until he can launch his first squad back into action seems reasonable.

Exactly what I was going to say. While the 1st squad is rearming the 2nd can land, and then while the 2nd is rearming the 1st one is already taking off.

To be fair before opening this I expected to see something about Saipan and how fast his 3-plane TB squads rearm :cap_money::cap_haloween:

1 hour ago, hopfolk said:

I assume it's some kind of hack

Not everything you don't understand is a hack or a cheat, in fact most of the things aren't. It's just you not knowing any better

[DIKI]
Players
986 posts
295 battles
7 hours ago, hopfolk said:

2 x TB squadrons came at me and bracketed me, then the same two squadrons came back at me within 30 seconds.

Yes. He loads his planes in 30 seconds. Noting funky going on here

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,549 battles
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Not everything you don't understand is a hack or a cheat, in fact most of the things aren't. It's just you not knowing any better

Then it´s great that you know and can enlighten us who don´t know :P

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
2 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

Two carriers? :Smile_hiding:

was just going to say this :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

It's probably the Type 98 Automatic Aircraft Launcher and Receiver System on the third upgrade slot. Not a lot has been built during the war due to the constant problems with the steam pressure.

catapult.png.0501a382c9e5b1a86be34ceae022a7d3.png

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,183 posts
11,680 battles

there's 1 golden rule here OP. Replay or it didn't happen. Come back when you can add proof to your claim and we'll be ready to tear the place apart. Until then assume you'll get the LTP card in your face.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this