Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Orangeminus

Suggest me a deal/premium

33 comments in this topic

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles

Came back to the game a few days ago after leaving a looong time a go so getting back into the swing of things and with BF sales I can't decide on what to buy.

I've done researching on best premiums but still can't make my mind up so hopefully you guys can suggest something

I was initially thinking of getting - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/7282/

30 days prem + 13500 doubloons could get me a few ships (again don't know which so suggestions welcome)

But I'm wondering if you guys can think of better options

I was thinking Warspite+Arizona would be useful for my UK/US BB line but I'm also open to Scharnhorst as I see lots recommending her or even Graf Spee but ultimately I'm looking for ships that are fun, earn decent xp to train crew and make decent credits so even ships like Lo-Yang are possibility for me

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

take the full Armada! That'll save you at least the stress of chosing....

• Cool 2

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles
1 minute ago, Ferry_25 said:

take the full Armada! That'll save you at least the stress of chosing....

Not worth it with it not including the overpowered premiums and containing a lot of trash tier premiums I wouldn't use.

Besides who in their right mind would spend £300+ on a free to play game, I could buy a PS4 Pro for that lol

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

Premium time is a good thing, and I think they had like a 90 day prem time discounted now? :cap_money:

As for ships - if you want some look at the low tier ones for now, as you simply haven't reached the higher tiers yourself. It's a good rule of thumb to never go for a higher tier premium than the highest line (silver) ship of that class that you've played :cap_like:

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
1 minute ago, Orangeminus said:

Besides who in their right mind would spend £300+ on a free to play game, I could buy a PS4 Pro for that lol

And somehow spending the full AAA game price on some pixels makes sense?

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles
1 minute ago, Orangeminus said:

Not worth it with it not including the overpowered premiums and containing a lot of trash tier premiums I wouldn't use.

Well I am well above the 1000 EUR Mark but this is the game for me as a naval enthusiast/Nerd. I am lunatic as you desribe in this matter.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Your max tier is 6 atm (Not stat shaming, just a fact)

Before looking at it I would say something like 13500 gold...Torpitz (Or maybe Scharn) and Lo Yang. So you get a BB, 2 cruisers and 2 DDs.

Now, considering you shouldnt exceed your max tier... (You can always buy the high tier ships but I would learn a bit before using them)

I would go for Warspite and Arizona, Scharn is amazing but it has the usual 30% discount, so no rush to get it. Take advantage of tiers 6 and 8, they are the ones with the biggest discount atm.

If you like cruisers, Molotov is supposed to be amazing but has no armor.

I dont know if Anshan is on sale because I have but I can totally recomend it, even more with the introduction of the new DDs.

If you really want to get Graf Spee or Scharn, dont waste your money, forget whats I said about max tier and pick Scharn, its just way better and really enjoyable to play.

I hope it helps

Modder
1,600 posts
3,455 battles

they stuffed the ships with things you dont want so that isnt any dicount. they even cost more than alone

nothing is worth the money...black friday...i would rather say danaen gifts

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles
1 minute ago, juanxmar said:

And somehow spending the full AAA game price on some pixels makes sense?

Because I'm getting exactly what I want

If I bought the Armada bundle which I did consider, I'd be getting a bunch of ships I don't want which add zero value to me for the bundle so it's not worth the money therefore crazy for anyone buying it who isn't going to use every single ship. Good deal though if you plan on using everything and sticking with the game for 3+ years

• Cool 1

Players
1,648 posts
12,129 battles
16 minutes ago, Orangeminus said:

Besides who in their right mind would spend £300+ on a free to play game

I have pumped more than that into WG over the last few years :x It's just the large number at once that makes this super unattractive but it's not a bad deal per se.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,096 battles

While we are on the topic, would you recommend a Saipan for a non CV player who would like to broaden his horizons?

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles
13 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

I have pumped more than that into WG over the last few years :x It's just the large number at once that makes this super unattractive but it's not a bad deal per se.

Spent probably half that on WoT premiums and premium time too, it's like I said though above, good deal if you want all the ships and know you'll stick around to get a few years worth of fun out of it but crazy if you're not interested in most of the ships, if it had all the ships that aren't available any more then I'd probably be tempted, I mean they don't even include Kidd in the bundle for absolutely no reason

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles

The doubloon discount on Graf Spee, Dunkerque, and some of the other moderate tier premiums make them very worthwhile....

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
35 minutes ago, Blixies said:

While we are on the topic, would you recommend a Saipan for a non CV player who would like to broaden his horizons?

I did, still not a CV player...

YMMV

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles

So buy Ultimate treat for £41 get 30 days prem

Use the 13500 doubloon to buy

Sharn - 6650+dock = 6800

Loyang - 5600+dock = 5750

Left over 950 doubloon

Or another suggestion for ships ?

I could get 3 T6 ships for roughly the same, I'm just not sure what I should get

Warspite+Arizona+Lenin works I guess

Warspite+Arizona+Graf Spee also

Warspite+Arizona+Dunkerque

Sharn+Graf Spee+Lenin/Molotov

I could stretch to 2 ultimate treat packs as well but then I'm entering prices where I may as well get one of the ship bundles like United (which is ok but sucks there's no US ships)

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,083 posts
6,718 battles

Lo Yang is great fun. I would have suggested Harekaze usually but it's not in the shop anymore so that's that.

Kidd seems very good too. Lo Yang get an OP hydro to fish DDs in their smoke while Kidd got OP AA and a heal.

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles
2 hours ago, Orangeminus said:

oh yeah great... I offer a solution you think of a problem!! Now there are idiots who bought those ships one at a time... I'm extremely sure at least one of us did.... Ok, ok. I don't have Kaga, Enterprise and Saipan. Because I'd rather play a RN cruiser then a CV. but it's the principle... Heck yours idiotly even considered taking the freaking armada to get my hands on Albany... But not even I am that luny...

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,014 posts
8,078 battles

Best ships currently in the shop

Kaga

Loyang

Tirpitz

Atago

Saipan

Scharnhorst

Do not buy t5 or t6, they have a horribe matchmaking. 2 of my favourite ships were the Warspite and the Murmansk but i dont play them anymore cause WG decided to cater the lowtier sealclubbers and newbies and its worth ruining 2 important tiers.

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles
10 minutes ago, kfa said:

Kaga

Loyang

Tirpitz

Atago

Saipan

Scharnhorst

Do not buy t5 or t6, they have a horribe matchmaking. 2 of my favourite ships were the Warspite and the Murmansk but i dont play them anymore cause WG decided to cater the lowtier sealclubbers and newbies and its worth ruining 2 important tiers.

So do you think Scharn+Atago or Scharn+Loyang or Atago+Loyang ?

On paper 2 T8 premiums with 30days premium for £41 seems the best deal

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,083 posts
6,718 battles

Kii and Alabama are nice too. :3

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
153 posts
5,712 battles

Scharnhorst is a lovely ship.

Think of a Graf Spee and Tirpitz love child and you have the Scharnhorst; I have no regrets buying her.

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
10 hours ago, kfa said:
10 hours ago, kfa said:

Kaga

Loyang

Tirpitz

Atago

Saipan

Scharnhorst

Do not buy t5 or t6, they have a horribe matchmaking. 2 of my favourite ships were the Warspite and the Murmansk but i dont play them anymore cause WG decided to cater the lowtier sealclubbers and newbies and its worth ruining 2 important tiers

yes, but you forgot one thing, operations.

where they do just great and t6 in random, mm it's not that bad.

De Grasse.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this