Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ste100

What ship should i buy...

12 comments in this topic

[HU5AR]
Players
37 posts
405 battles

Hi everyone

I am really confused at the moment. Yesterday i buyed Graf Spee, my second premium after Murmansk.

Cannot decide what to do next - should i buy Ischizuchi to have a ship from Japanese line to train my captains, or maybe some other ship ? It's really cheap right now...

Been even thinking about Scharnhorst, but really expensive and i am not quite sure is it the right time for tier VII...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles

Ishizuchis fine, and that would also fit your current level.

It's a good idea not to buy a ship that's higher than your line (silver) ships of that type. As Scharnhorst is tier 7 - I wouldn't recommend it to you till you have grinded some BB line till that same tier.

Gameplay styles (and to some extent the skill of players) change a lot as you go up the tiers, and suddenly jumping higher than you have made it so far will just inevitably lead to bad experience and a lot of defeats.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,101 posts
7,682 battles
1 hour ago, ste100 said:

Hi everyone

I am really confused at the moment. Yesterday i buyed Graf Spee, my second premium after Murmansk.

Cannot decide what to do next - should i buy Ischizuchi to have a ship from Japanese line to train my captains, or maybe some other ship ? It's really cheap right now...

Been even thinking about Scharnhorst, but really expensive and i am not quite sure is it the right time for tier VII...

If I was you, no, And besides, you have kuma and furutaka, both are silver and great ships, you're just in reach of kuma, so go for it.

Furutaka, at the moment have MM against it while Kuma doesn't.

Kuma will be great, it's an awesome ship, very similar to tenryo but much more powerful, a OMG ship to train your captain. 

(if you like Tenryo, you will love Kuma.)

If you want BBs I can't help you in that department.

t7 it's very different to t4.

t5 it's where you start to avoid giving broadsides to the other ships, while up to t4 you have to give your broadside if you want to bear all of your guns  to the enemy and the differences don't stop here.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,807 battles

I can't really believe I'm saying that, but I can recommend the Ishizuchi (as long as you don't try to play her like a AP dependant BB, use her like a heavy cruiser).

One mention though, low tier premium ships don't make for good credit grinders and crew trainers due to the low average XP you get in low tier games. Buy those ships mostly for the fun factor. If you're looking for ships to fill up on credits and captain XP fast, you have to look at tier VI or higher (but those cost and I don't typically recommend putting that money down until you know exactly you're going to enjoy those kinds of ships and know how to play at that tier).

Rule of thumb should be:

Only buy premium ships of tiers you've already played regular, non-premium ships at to get a good feel of how to play at the tier. Also, keep in mind that some premium ships play very much unlike the regular ships of the line (Atlanta is a prominent example, that ship plays nothing like any other ship currently available for the US, or really any ship in this game so far ...). So before you put the money down, inform yourself before you just let an expensive premium ship collect rust in port because it turns out you don't enjoy it much.

[NED]
Players
4,375 posts
12,061 battles

Hey OP. Please look at the other replies we send you regarding this question.

[HU5AR]
Players
37 posts
405 battles

Thanks guys.

Ishizuchi just arrived. Beautiful ship, first battle was very interesting.

Also - really happy with Graf Spee - I read many negative topics about that ship, but i won every single battle with him and those battles goes really well.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,375 posts
12,061 battles

Ishi and Spee I really like. Yet can't make them to really function. Maybe I should try Ishi from my RN BB experience again. Spee is still a mystery to me... If I play it in a BB "style" I quickly see myself faced to the real BB's and being citadeled like any ordinary cruiser. If I play it "cruiser style" I find myself unable to cope in a cruiser to cruiser knife fight.... It'll be punished, rightfully, if I go take a long bath, shave, have a cup of coffee, prepare the next moth schedule and having a phone call with my mom between 2 salvo's. There's 1 "tactic" I haven't tried out yet: Playing Spee as a BB with DD style... That might sound so Jingly it might even work....

[_KTM_]
Beta Tester
109 posts
8,174 battles

If you can afford get  Scharhorst  while it's still on discount , and sure it's higher tier ship than your curent level but that doesn't mean you have to play her now ( u can try coop if u are eager to play her ) .

If you want credits low tier premiums are the worst ships u can buy , get 1-2 tr 7-8 ships while they are on Discount , and there's a pretty big discount atm , which might not come any time soon . 

But remember you dont have to play them right away . 

And dont do what i did . Bought quite a few low tier premiums as recommended by the " all knowing forummites " and now i despise playing below tier 7 , which got me stuck with ships i haven't touched in years , wish i could trade them for dubs .

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Players
605 posts
8,647 battles

There are so many good ships :) Why not try the Texas? Not a bad ship. Have had many fun game with her. Arizona is great. Mutsu ain´t that bad either. But if you end upp as bottom tier in a T8 game. Well should had a self destruct button :P Can´t do crap there. Warspite. Always a fun ship.

Next time the Duca d´Aosta is up for sale. Buy her ;) 

[AAO]
[AAO]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,252 battles
38 minutes ago, PricelessPlayingPancake said:

Giulio Cesare is the best tier V bb , no contest, but it needs italian captain.

Now is a good time to get it and level up your italian captain for the Italian navy that hopefully comes next year.

Sign in to follow this