You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

50,000 flooding damage

99 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

I think I will sooner get brain damage, before I'm skillful enough to cause this much flooding. Seriously I'm almost done with the 150,000 damage from torps themselves, but have a grand total of 563 flooding damage so far.

Anyone else struggling with this jewel?

Any tips how to speed up this brilliantly designed mission?

My flooding damage per battle looks something like this so far:

Spoiler

Leaking-TP-valve.jpg

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,067 posts
9,092 battles

What ship(s) do you use?

I'd suggest something with a fast torpedo reload, to stack floodings (Kamikaze, Z-46/52, Fletcher, Yugumo work for me).

Or a hybrid, setting fires first, then send torpedoes (although many battleships will turn away when being shot by a destroyer).

A division with a cruiser should help, too.

I know, pretty obvious, but that's all I can pull out of my stern right now. :Smile_sceptic:

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Not a DD player, but first thing that comes to mind is using IJN DDs with the torpedo reload booster and play with a BB with the two waves of torps in a row. Looks like one of those rare missions that give those DDs in particular something they're better than any other class of DDs at for once.

At the cost of smoke though.

• Cool 1

Players
3,324 posts
5,771 battles
8 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Yea I have one. Division up with a RN BB. Let him spam HE on a target. Once you see, he used DCP, rush in and torp him. You´ll get your damage. If u do a suicide run and torp from 1-2 km your chances of hitting increases. You might die, you might lose the round but youll get the mission done :p

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,358 battles

Use IJN destroyers, their torps have the highest chance of flooding and always wear the Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals, if you have them (they increase the chance of flooding). Also, try to make sure you hit the enemy on the bow, that pretty much guarantees flooding. Of course, you should try to make sure to time your torping them immediately AFTER  they have already used their damage control to maximize the time it floods. You can do this by observing the target, that currently seems to be losing health to fires or invisible (flooding), once they stop burning or losing health they are pretty sure to have used it, then hit them again... It is evil, but it works:cap_haloween:

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

only way to get so much flooding is to play lower tier dd. so t4-t6. playing higher tiers will just get you frustration..

Players
576 posts
4,698 battles

You can do it in a CV presumably by using the classic tactic feigning a full strike and waiting for them to use their DCP, then bringing in more to stack some DoTs.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,067 posts
9,092 battles
1 minute ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

You can do it in a CV presumably by using the classic tactic feigning a full strike and waiting for them to use their DCP, then bringing in more to stack some DoTs.

It's a destroyer mission. ;)

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,358 battles
4 minutes ago, robihr said:

only way to get so much flooding is to play lower tier dd. so t4-t6. playing higher tiers will just get you frustration..

NAAH! Just last weekend flooded a Bismark from almost full health to death with only 1 torp hit with a Shiratsuyu. Just need to hit them at the right time and high tier ships have more HP to lose...:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
7 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

I'd suggest something with a fast torpedo reload, to stack floodings (Kamikaze, Z-46/52, Fletcher, Yugumo work for me).

Tried with Kamikaze, but all I get are devastating strikes, it sucks! Pls buff Kamikaze WG.

• Cool 4

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Just rush an enemy BB, torp him to force repair and then ram him to cause a flooding he can not repair, ez 

Yep, its a mongoloid mission.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,067 posts
9,092 battles
Just now, Blixies said:

Tried with Kamikaze, but all I get are devastating strikes, it sucks! Pls buff Kamikaze WG.

Shouldn't it be "nerf" in that case? :Smile_teethhappy:

I use to spread my torpedoes most of the time a little bit (the sets, no wide spread!^^).

So I get hits on my targets with almost every salvo, but no devastating strikes.

But yeah... at tier five... many captains are going in straight lines, so there's no need for that.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,808 posts
9,214 battles

Use guns to put them to fire and pray that they use repair before the torpedo hit (and also pray that it will not kill them instantly :cap_look:)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

I think I will sooner get brain damage, before I'm skillful enough to cause this much flooding. Seriously I'm almost done with the 150,000 damage from torps themselves, but have a grand total of 563 flooding damage so far.

Anyone else struggling with this jewel?

My flooding damage per battle looks something like this so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Leaking-TP-valve.jpg

Your problem is you are being to Skillful.....

OK this may be hard to take in But here goes..

DON'T KILL YOUR TARGETS 

We have had missions like this in weekly missions and they are quite easy.  Take you Kamikaze for example get your your self in a position to attack multiple BBs launch 1 set at each.. some are bound to have used repair.  They will flood

Or second with 1 target. Launch 1 set hit let him repair launch the next at same target.

Looking at your profile you high damage average on most of your DDs suggests to me you are killing you targets with devastating strikes. Try to stop that.

for this mission you don't want to kill you want to hurt .

Also Im in work cant check can you do them in Co-OP? Coop is even easyer as a BB will repair as soon as he takes fire or flood damage

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,524 battles

Easy.

Pick any DD with low damage Torpedos (so no IJN) and at least two Launchers (preferable 3 ofc) and preferably higher Tier as they will lose more HP on flooding per tick because it is based on %.

Now look for the most stupid looking BB on the enemy team.

Launch one salvo (or two if you have three launchers) but keep the last one.

Wait 20 secounds and while waiting you can work on estimation where he will turn to to avoid your first set of torpedos.

Launch your last set of Torps.

Always try to hit the bow/stern part as those are guaranteed floodings.

If your secound salvo hits you can just watch the damage tick in.

Alternative would be to team up with a CV or RN BBs that trigger the DCP for you.

Pro would be the BB won't be that aware of your presence and position.

Contra is that it is much harder to time the torpedos to hit the enemy just as the DCP goes into cooldown.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,207 posts
8,885 battles
7 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Easy.

Pick any DD with low damage Torpedos (so no IJN) and at least two Launchers (preferable 3 ofc) and preferably higher Tier as they will lose more HP on flooding per tick because it is based on %.

Now look for the most stupid looking BB on the enemy team.

Launch one salvo (or two if you have three launchers) but keep the last one.

Wait 20 secounds and while waiting you can work on estimation where he will turn to to avoid your first set of torpedos.

Launch your last set of Torps.

Always try to hit the bow/stern part as those are guaranteed floodings.

If your secound salvo hits you can just watch the damage tick in.

Alternative would be to team up with a CV or RN BBs that trigger the DCP for you.

Pro would be the BB won't be that aware of your presence and position.

Contra is that it is much harder to time the torpedos to hit the enemy just as the DCP goes into cooldown.

That is not easy, you have to be super lucky. 

I got 30k so far by rushing people, but it is very frustrating, because if you get a flooding, they are often already low. 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
26 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Your problem is you are being to Skillful.....

:cap_wander_2:

Spoiler

Id5tOAI.jpg

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
Just now, Blixies said:

:cap_wander_2:

Reveal hidden contents

Id5tOAI.jpg

LOL.. Im being serious try not to kill 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

LOL.. Im being serious try not to kill 

I know you are.. but still...

Spoiler

2gd.png

On a more serious note, thank you guys for the solid tips. The truth is, there's a lot of time to complete this, so the main purpose of this thread was to went a little frustration.

I feel better already! :)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,524 battles
Just now, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Gallant with single torps could be perfect to rush people for this. 

Yes i haven't thought of that Gallant is even better!

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
4 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Gallant with single torps could be perfect to rush people for this. 

Too bad it's not discounted right now, otherwise I'd try that.