You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Murro_the_One

How to use 30% off coupon

20 comments in this topic

I just discovered 30% coupon valid for 6 days.

is there some way how to use it considering:

• current discounts on so many ships in-game for doubloons
  • I don't really need anything except some german crew trainer and taking into consideration my budget i don't want to pay for tier8's and i was waiting for t-61, but not sure when the release is and most probably would not be able to use the coupon once it comes...

i could just use it for some mid-tier ship like Anshan  or similar tier (but i don't plan to grind those in short future..)graf spee sux...

give some tips...

Miessa3   

101 on saving money in the shop (even better if you have that coupon):

1) look for good offers that are premiumshop only and that you really want (like T-61 you mentioned). Of course if you want to use your coupon you want to wait for the last day you are able to buy something in case a new offer shows up, to avoid remorse later.

2) If nothing suits your interest and you are still willing to give WG some money (because your coupon runs out) buy Dubloons for a very cheap price.

3) wait for a good discount for the ingame techtree of the ship of your choice (you can count on those next chrismas i guess or you use the current black friday ones) and buy it with the dubloons from step 2 or 1 from maybe a bundle)

4) max profit

2 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

101 on saving money in the shop (even better if you have that coupon):

1) look for good offers that are premiumshop only and that you really want (like T-61 you mentioned). Of course if you want to use your coupon you want to wait for the last day you are able to buy something in case a new offer shows up, to avoid remorse later.

2) If nothing suits your interest and you are still willing to give WG some money (because your coupon runs out) buy Dubloons for a very cheap price.

3) wait for an offer for the ingame techtree of the ship of your choice and buy it with the dubloons from step 2)

4) max profit

thing is that the coupon is castrated.

not eligible for doubloons, limited or discounted offers... so if i can only buy ships, which are discounted much more in game for doubloons, the coupon is useless...

Miessa3   
Just now, Murro_the_One said:

thing is that the coupon is castrated.

not eligible for doubloons, limited or discounted offers... so if i can only buy ships, which are discounted much more in game for doubloons, the coupon is useless...

can you use it on bundles (including dubloons) with a ship you like then? (like a Blys atm that one isn't discounted ingame or Kidd?)

42 minutes ago, Skiie said:

Some of my clan members have gotten 30% off too. I want too ;_;

I never got any coupon. A friend of mine started playing about a week after I did. He got about three coupons, one for being two years in the game.

Everyone's talking about server equality, seems there isn't even equality between players... :cap_old:

Skyllon   

This game has so many issues atm I'm truly perplexed people consider spending money on it...

...each to their own, I guess.

• Cool 1

Favuz   

I got same coupon too,

Basically it can be used only for premium time or ships with real money.

I suggest to use it on ships who aren't being discounted via doubloons but are available in the shop.

Enterprise, Alabama, Kaga at tier 8

Mutsu, De Grasse at tier 6

plus Others, didn't check completely.

T0byJug   
3 hours ago, Murro_the_One said:

I just discovered 30% coupon valid for 6 days.

is there some way how to use it considering:

• current discounts on so many ships in-game for doubloons
  • I don't really need anything except some german crew trainer and taking into consideration my budget i don't want to pay for tier8's and i was waiting for t-61, but not sure when the release is and most probably would not be able to use the coupon once it comes...

i could just use it for some mid-tier ship like Anshan  or similar tier (but i don't plan to grind those in short future..)graf spee sux...

give some tips...

You could buy the Doubloons for the T-61 then buy her when she is in game. Dubloon price will be  4900 according to https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pgsd506

Bics93   
23 hours ago, T0byJug said:

You could buy the Doubloons for the T-61 then buy her when she is in game. Dubloon price will be  4900 according to https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pgsd506

I also had that -30% coupon, unfortunately you can’t use it on doubloons, special offers or discounted items. You have to buy a full price ship or premium time...

Maybe I’ll try a 30days premium because it’s the only thing I can buy: I play mostly IJN cruisers and battleships but I hate the blue camo on the Atago :D 

The alternative is not buying anything and wait for Roma and Abruzzi (only if buffed a bit before release) because I’m a spaghetti lover ;)

Any advice?

5 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

I also had that -30% coupon, unfortunately you can’t use it on doubloons, special offers or discounted items. You have to buy a full price ship or premium time...

Maybe I’ll try a 30days premium because it’s the only thing I can buy: I play mostly IJN cruisers and battleships but I hate the blue camo on the Atago :D 

The alternative is not buying anything and wait for Roma and Abruzzi (only if buffed a bit before release) because I’m a spaghetti lover ;)

Any advice?

Form the advice from Favuz I'd get the Alabama she is a decent ship and quite fast at 28.9kts (for a USA BB).  I'm not into CVs though.  If you don't want to spend too much then premium time may be worth it.

I'd say it's just  bad time to get a coupon that expires in 6 days.

Maybe wait until just before the coupon expires before spending the money (as has been suggested) - you never know what is going to be available next week.

Bics93   
2 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Form the advice from Favuz I'd get the Alabama she is a decent ship and quite fast at 28.9kts (for a USA BB).  I'm not into CVs though.  If you don't want to spend too much then premium time may be worth it.

I'd say it's just  bad time to get a coupon that expires in 6 days.

Maybe wait until just before the coupon expires before spending the money (as has been suggested) - you never know what is going to be available next week.

Well Alabama is nice-looking and also seems quite powerful, but I don’t play USA and Roma will be a tier 8 battleship with similar 3x3 cannons configuration and I will buy it without doubt, because I’m italian ;)

I’ll try to wait until the last day as everyone suggested, but I’d like to have a plan B... :)

What about Ishizuchi? I bought it some time ago (was -50% in July), will I receive her value in doubloons (about 2500) if I buy another one? 

Bics93   

The only problem I’ve about premium time is that I play only 1-2h/die, so about 90% of that premium will be wasted...

With doubloons I can buy premium (with the in-game option) only when I’m sure I have more than 3-4h for farming...

Which option will be better?

What about Ishizuchi? I bought it some time ago (was -50% in July), will I receive her value in doubloons (about 2500) if I buy another one? 

I think you would only get the dubloons you paid for her back rather than the full amount - I'm not sure though.

• Cool 1

With doubloons I can buy premium (with the in-game option) only when I’m sure I have more than 3-4h for farming...

If you read Bics93 post (#13) they say you can't buy dubloons with it

Edited: That was your post - sorry.  For some reason your avatar does not show for that post.

Bics93   
6 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

If you read Bics93 post (#13) they say you can't buy dubloons with it

Edited: That was your post - sorry.  For some reason your avatar does not show for that post.

I was referring to the Ishizuchi doubloon value however, but if you are correct I’ll have only 50% of her value because I bought her when half-priced :/

It seems that 30days premium will be the best pick :)