You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ryouzanpakku

One ship with best value discount?

26 comments in this topic

Players
131 posts
1,013 battles

I think I will spend some money on this black Friday discounts.

I want to buy one (and only one) ship for doubloons.

As I have not played much for a year or so I am not sure what to get though....

What is sweet spot tier these days? (used to be T7 I think).

So what would you suggest me to get? I already have Kutuzov and Takao-chan.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

T6 and T8 have larger discounts than usual (10% extra on T6, 15% extra on T8). If I were in your position, I’d pick up the Tirpitz or LoYang. Sweet spot is indeed T7

Players
131 posts
1,013 battles
11 hours ago, MrFingers said:

T6 and T8 have larger discounts than usual (10% extra on T6, 15% extra on T8). If I were in your position, I’d pick up the Tirpitz or LoYang. Sweet spot is indeed T7

TY for the tips, but I would like to get premium which is bit more unique compared to its techtree counterpart. I maybe wrong (really was not playing wows for a long time) but as I see it:

Tirpitz = Bismarck with torps and without sonar

LoYang = Benson with one less gun and sonar

Truth is that ships I would like to get are not on sale... :)

But as it is my favorite for now is Scharnhorst - I generally enjoy cruisers most and she seems to be closest to battlecruiser we got in game.

Another option I see in Atlanta - but as I generally hate short range guns I may hate it quite soon.

On the other hand 30%sale on T7 is quite common so nothing special here.... decisions decisions... :)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,544 battles

If you elect to not use the enhanced discount Scharnhorst is indeed a good option as it ticks every box you mentioned and is a great ship.

Leningrad would also tick almost every (save the cruiserone) box you mentioned though....

Edit: oh and considering the MM Tier VII may be the sweetspot for most, going Tier VIII is better for DDs because of the Concealment module Lenin is still a strong pick for Tier VII DDs though and has somewhat a cruiserfeeling like Khaba but needs another dedicated captain for stealth and expert Marksman.

Edit2: Admiral Graf Spee is an option too as she is discounted 40% too and is indeed a Battlecruiser. She is not as much a must have as Scharnhorst though....

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

I might get a Lenin for doubloons, won't be getting the package as I don't want the credits, port slot or 3k doubloons.

Beta Tester
2,207 posts
8,885 battles

I hear that Atago might still be the best premium (after Missouri) and its 30% off. But Takao is the same, just doesn't make credits I believe? 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
1 minute ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

I hear that Atago might still be the best premium (after Missouri) and its 30% off. 

Atago is brilliant but quite hard to play. Pretty much needs a 10 point, if not 14+ captain too. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,069 posts
9,107 battles
2 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

But Takao is the same, just doesn't make credits I believe? 

And ~300 m worse concealment.

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

Enterprise is the one I'm looking at.  But I refuse to pay £42.  £30 Maybe :Smile_hiding:

£42  is a whole new game!

I could sale the Belfast and only pay £14 but....Nah.  Even thou i don't play it that much now-a-days

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles
15 hours ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

I think I will spend some money on this black Friday discounts.

I want to buy one (and only one) ship for doubloons.

As I have not played much for a year or so I am not sure what to get though....

What is sweet spot tier these days? (used to be T7 I think).

So what would you suggest me to get? I already have Kutuzov and Takao-chan.

No question about it, get the Scharnhorst.  It sounds perfect for you and i love it.

[WJDE]
Players
74 posts
303 battles

Among bb i have Kii, Tirpitz, that new french bb and some other premium bb.

Is it still worth it for me to get Scharnhorst? Is it actually worth for me to buy that thing? :fish_nerv:

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,210 battles

Lo Yang is the best ship to get IMO.

It's a T8 premium for 5600 golds !!

Good for competitve or random and will have a use as crew trainer very soon. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,765 posts
10,662 battles

One option nobody here mentioned: if you play CVs, you could get Saipan. She's an overpowered spawn of hell.

OF COURSE she's still a CV so not really an option for no-CVers. And she needs a 10 skillpoint captain since she's highly dependent on Air Superiority regardless of the loadout you pick.

Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
3 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Atago is brilliant but quite hard to play. Pretty much needs a 10 point, if not 14+ captain too. 

10 pts for the concealment I get (PT+EM+SI+CE), but which other (10+/14+) skills are you thinking about she would need that hard? Just curious.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
1 minute ago, PzychoPanzer said:

10 pts for the concealment I get (PT+EM+SI+CE), but which other (10+/14+) skills are you thinking about she would need that hard? Just curious.

AR helps a hell of a lot so 12 points maybe as she really needs a DPM boost.

After then yeah you're right, maybe Vigil and DE but both are quality of life upgrades rather than essential. Need AR tho as 14s reload is glacial.

• Cool 1

Players
131 posts
1,013 battles
18 hours ago, NoirLotus said:

Lo Yang is the best ship to get IMO.

It's a T8 premium for 5600 golds !!

Good for competitve or random and will have a use as crew trainer very soon. 

I am not sure about LoYang being "best" as Anshan has 100% free xp bonus camo...

Anyway I enjoy cruisers more :)

Still not able to decide between Scharnhorst and Atlanta... both have their merits.

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,033 battles

If you got the special halloween camo for Tirpitz it's pretty good moneymaker. Scharn has good potetntial due to lower tiering and atlanta for money and fun gameplay. Overall best one is the one that you do the most dmg in. This is purely for moneymaking. For exp lolyang is superb. But looking at the discounts I would propably go for Lo-Yang personally.

Players
131 posts
1,013 battles
23 minutes ago, 13Ninjas said:

OP, It's hard to give you advice when you hide your stats.

hmmm how did that happened? is it disabled by default? anyway should be visible now :)

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Guys, what the hell? Why didn't you tell me that the Atlanta seems to have such a good credit multiplier coefficient? :Smile_great:

(Edit: Oh... you did. Just three comments above...)

[TOAST]
Players
191 posts
2,554 battles

It seems you play best in mid tier cruisers, so my advice would be is to grind for the Cleveland before she is moved to T8, A ship to buy for you would be the Atlanta.

You do need more skill and experience at T5-T7 before you play T8+.

Good luck :Smile_honoring:

Players
131 posts
1,013 battles
11 minutes ago, 13Ninjas said:

It seems you play best in mid tier cruisers, so my advice would be is to grind for the Cleveland before she is moved to T8, A ship to buy for you would be the Atlanta.

You do need more skill and experience at T5-T7 before you play T8+.

Good luck :Smile_honoring:

this is exactly what I think too - especially as I have not played for more then a year I do not want to jump to T8 again - it took me quite a lot of games in Chapayev to get over 50%WR ... so am actually grinding through Omaha with Cleveland in mind :D

With Atlanta I have a dilemma though... I LOVE daka-daka rof .... but 11.1 base range seems brutal to me... agh decisions decisions :)

TY :)

Players
520 posts

One ship?... Imperator Nikolai. Don't see it in the premium shop, (thankfully) not even in the Armada bundle. Wallet closed, WG's Black Friday deals going to save me a bundle! :Smile_great: