Sign in to follow this  
DeathAdane

Might save time and frustration

6 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
143 battles

So yesterday I saw WoW on steam and thought it would be great to get back to the game. But then after I downloaded, my account 'disappeared' and cannot even log into the website! Because no player was associated with this acc. So this was a very frustrating thing to know that my account is 'gone'.

I went to check my email inbox for records and began filling up a support ticket until the form told me that I cannot submit the ticket if an account disappeared. A design flaw?

Tried logging on a few more times at no success. So instead I clicked on the link to the battle of elements and log in from there to wargaming... What a delight as well as confusion at how this is possible(Not activation link since I played before ! But challenge accepted link for the event hmmm.)

So now I am downloading the game launcher through game centre after taking me almost an entire day for steam to download and uninstalling it, but I hope my account still works? Because i still have no clue if it will let me log into the client? I stopped playing in mid-2016 so something happened?

So there are quite a few flaws in how the accounting system is designed I imagine. But fingers crossed, I will be able to play this game.

5 answers to this question

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,505 posts

Steam uses seperate accounts. It was in the announcement for the Steam release.

If you want to play your old account, you will have to use the Wargaming client offered on the Wargaming website.

Or you can use a little hack for the Steam one to use your WG-account (you'll find it with a little google search). That will disable your ability to use the Steam store or to earn Steam achievements, as you are essentially sabotaging the steam files in the WoWs client.

Players
2 posts
143 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

Steam uses seperate accounts. It was in the announcement for the Steam release.

If you want to play your old account, you will have to use the Wargaming client offered on the Wargaming website.

Or you can use a little hack for the Steam one to use your WG-account (you'll find it with a little google search). That will disable your ability to use the Steam store or to earn Steam achievements, as you are essentially sabotaging the steam files in the WoWs client.

Announced but not kept in mention, so returning players will not be aware unless they dig deep or AFTER they made the mistake. Also, can you address the issue of no player linked to this account, as it was what happened to my account since I was not able to log in with my correct email and password until I logged on through a promotion link(NOT activation link). It worries me since the account safety is in doubt.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,505 posts
58 minutes ago, DeathAdane said:

Announced but not kept in mention, so returning players will not be aware unless they dig deep or AFTER they made the mistake. Also, can you address the issue of no player linked to this account, as it was what happened to my account since I was not able to log in with my correct email and password until I logged on through a promotion link(NOT activation link). It worries me since the account safety is in doubt.

Sorry I can't help you with actual account issues. I have seen at least one other report about a player not able to access WoWs despite having a Wargaming account.

If in doubt about the safety of your account you can ask support to change the e-mail address linked to your account. Once they've done that change your password too.

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,043 battles

I had a big hiatus after release to 2016 and my account was just fine. As explained above, with steam you need a new account. Just ask support for your login info.

Sign in to follow this