Sign in to follow this  
Jordric

Premium T6 "money maker" ??? (BB or cruiser)

14 comments in this topic

[CI]
Players
1 post
687 battles

I wanna buy one (or two) t6 cruiser or BB for make money (i don't play DD or carriers)...
Now im playing T5 (close to t6), the Black Friday offer is here and t6 are "cheap"...

What's the best? (or the 2 best)

And for a future buy...any t7?

Thanks

[HOUSE]
Players
205 posts
4,418 battles

It depends on what you are playing since a premium ship also is used to train your captains faster.

Does it have to be T6, otherwise I would have a look at the T5 Murmansk since you don't meet T8 with radar and other extras at that tier (thinking about it myself).

As for T7 I love my Scharnhorst, it is more of a battle cruiser, battleship armor and extra heavy cruiser guns. Belfast is considered good in T7 with its radar, smoke and hydro but it has no armor to speak of (but I haven't tried it myself).

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
39 minutes ago, affie said:

Belfast is considered good in T7 with its radar, smoke and hydro but it has no armor to speak of (but I haven't tried it myself).

Indeed she is, but she's not available anymore.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,124 posts
11,662 battles

Nothing T6 Prem really makes that much money.

You're better off with a Prem Acc, play the stuff you want to play and try to get the weekly mission bonuses as they give quite a lot of credits. 

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,812 battles

T7 benefit from rather good MM due to T5 and 6 geting uptired more often becasue of T4 protected MM.

Scharnhorst is a pretty decent ship or if you can get the free exp by playing Nelson is decent too and you dont have to pay a dime for her.

Real Moneymaker are at T8 thogh. Alabama or her soon inc sister ship, Tirpitz and Atago are all very good ships as are LoJang,Kidd or HSF Harekaze.

Well the king of money printing is Missouri but pasiv meta and the high free exp const can put a bit of a damper on her.....

Thogh at higher Tir havng a decent captain is pretty much madatory. 14 to 16 points are needed to get the most out of any higher Tir ship. and below 10 isnt recomended on others than perhaps BBs wich are more forgiving than other classes.

If you as a newcomer dont have acess to a decent captain take a look at the operation of teh week there you can get 10 point captains thogh you need to retrain them. Just inform yourself about the operations not every ship is suited for every Ops and you need to 4 star it so that can take a bit with randoms.

Most Important pick a ship that fits your playstyle the most OP BB is useless if you cant make it work becasue your playstly is more suited for DDs. Your doing consiting results in a class research prems of that class and see if they work for you. Also consider that playing a Ship at 5-6 not nessesaryly reflects how the same class plays at T8.

[-GG-]
Players
160 posts
10,601 battles

Jodric, my advice is

1) save the money for premium account time (if U dont have it)

2) play Cleveland with camos and Zulu, that you can have for free (from containers, missions, campaigns)

3) get IFHE, concealment and AFT skills (19pts capitain or maybe you have S.Seagal) asap and that Cleveland will perform much better than any premum tier VI cruiser would do.

The trick is that premium ships don't give credits as such. You still have to perform well (do dmg) to earn something. Thus, having just any premium ship that simply isn't competitive (especially tier VI that has brutal MM and meets lots of CVs) will be a dissapointment in comparison to an option to have a good tech-tree cruiser with skilled capitain and a Zulu flag. 

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,558 battles

I would say Arizona is a pretty OK ship if you like the US BBs. Very comfy to play w userfriendly 4x3 set up. Slow and slow reload, need skill in map awareness and think ahead as you can not reposition..

[HOUSE]
Players
205 posts
4,418 battles
21 hours ago, Schumy90 said:

Indeed she is, but she's not available anymore.

Ops, didn't know that.

Have actually never felt the need for credit-making in WoWS as I have in WoT. The economics are fairly different and flags make you earn that exp or silver extra.

[SINT]
Players
291 posts
13,496 battles

Playing low tier premiums really does not earn you much more money. It saves you from reequipping a camo but you can also decide to equip a permanent camo on a tier VI that you really like and consider a keeper. A ship that you know you like and perform well in.

Looking at the current available tier VI cruisers i dont consider any of them OP compared to their silver brothers. De Grasse is better then La Gal for sure but even then I would prefer a Budyonny or a Cleveland (for now until US Cl line redraw) above a Duca, Molotov, Graf Spee, Perth or De Grasse.

For the current tier VI BB's i find they all have a certain "special"thing that sets them aside from their silver brothers. Dunk has speed and all guns front but with awfull dispersion. Mutsu heaviest gun at tier VI but worthless AA and funky shells. Arizona is a buffed New Mex with less AA. Only the Warpsite is a regular tier VI without much negatives.

If you seek a captain trainer a premium ship is a nice boost. It does not need a dedicated captain (most of the time!) so you can dual use a captain. But then you have to pick a premium that has the nationality and the captain requirements that fit one (or more) of your silver ship captains.

Players
674 posts
7,927 battles
On 11/27/2017 at 0:43 PM, Jvd2000 said:

Arizona is a buffed New Mex with less AA

I would say that Arizona is siightly nerfed New Mexico, it has weaker AA and weaker guns. Arizona has better sigma, and slightly better armor. 

[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
25 minutes ago, mariouus said:

I would say that Arizona is siightly nerfed New Mexico, it has weaker AA and weaker guns. Arizona has better sigma, and slightly better armor. 

Weaker guns? Only if you look at the things you can easily see like reload and AP damage, there Arizona is minimally weaker.

The better sigma compensates for it in spades. The 0,3 difference is huge.

Players
674 posts
7,927 battles
19 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Weaker guns? Only if you look at the things you can easily see like reload and AP damage, there Arizona is minimally weaker.

The better sigma compensates for it in spades. The 0,3 difference is huge.

It all dependes. BB vs BB engagement New Mexico's guns are better. Arizona's guns are somewhat disappointing against ships with low freeboard.

Vs cruisers Arizona guns are better. Because lower sigma. 

And for slow ship, extra AA is good.

Overally, they are very similar

Beta Tester
1,341 posts
5,207 battles
23 hours ago, mariouus said:

It all dependes. BB vs BB engagement New Mexico's guns are better. Arizona's guns are somewhat disappointing against ships with low freeboard.

Vs cruisers Arizona guns are better. Because lower sigma. 

And for slow ship, extra AA is good.

Overally, they are very similar

I feel that the guns perform better overall in the Arizona vs all types of targets thanks to that sigma improvement. Better to always deal some damage than no damage because the guns misbehave.

On topic, at tier 6 nothing really sticks out as people already pointed out. Premium account and just playing normal tier 6-7 ships is probably the cheapest option. 

But premium tier 6, Molotov, De Grasse, Arizona. Tier 7 Shinyhorse. That is pretty much it really. 

[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,316 battles

imho cleveland with premium camo and premium time (not even zulu flags) earns a good amount of cash

just a suggestion - also its a fun ship and soon will be tier 8 (so free t8 ship (yay!))

Sign in to follow this