You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MortenTardo

This is getting [edited] old WG

326 comments in this topic

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles

Two games in a row i have detonated now.

One whilst fighting a Z-46 with my Z-23. Full HP. Boom dead.

Next game in my Blyska i get dropped by a CV that hit me with one DB. Full HP. Boom dead.

Do you guys seriously think this is fun? Do you enjoy this [edited]? It's like playing a FPS and every game there is a small chance when a potato hits you in the foot, he headshots you. Does not make any [edited]sense. 

Don't start with using a useless module or the flags. You only get max 10 pr. day, so you can't use them for every game and the module is not an option for DD's unless you want your guns and torps to constantly break.

I do not use India X-Ray flags unless i have deto flags on. 

It's getting [edited]old WG. And it's starting to piss me off to the point i don't wanna play and support your game anymore. 

I know it's not a big issue for BB's and cruisers, but for DD's it's a BIG problem.

It's just pure RNG. No skill. Even the guys that detonated me said "i'm sorry" like it's their fault. 

Fix your crap WG!

bullshit.thumb.jpg.f0a17eccb8c1cd35c60276fe18895e97.jpg

Spoiler

Yes i'm raging atm

• Cool 5

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

Apparently it's very very rare, some say it never happens. I get detonated a lot, not every day, but perhaps too often. This mechanic is as engaging as having a cactus enema.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts

I already see all the following posts...

more flags for you / mount flag you won't get detonated / in reality it also happened / it happened in 1% of your battles stop moaning / it happens rarely, nothing game braking

Did I miss something?

• Cool 8

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
232 posts
13,117 battles

Maybe put on a detonation flag? You know, the flag that completely negates this mechanic.

Or maybe use the -70% detonation upgrade. Whatever you do, stop whining here. Detonations aren't a problem. 

• Cool 4

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
Just now, Skyllon said:

I already see all the following posts...

more flags for you / mount flag you won't get detonated / in reality it also happened / it happened in 1% of your battles stop moaning / it happens rarely, nothing game braking

Did I miss something?

Yep. Thats about it. I can see it coming already. "oh duh, nub. Just use detoflags". 

[NWP]
Players
3,551 posts
5,884 battles
9 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Do you guys seriously think this is fun? Do you enjoy this [edited]?

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/6544/

Yep they do enjoy this. I wonder it doesnt happen more often :cap_hmm:

3 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Did I miss something?

Yep, me saying that it makes perfect sense for WG.

Either deal with it, or spend $$$.

Players
3,338 posts
5,806 battles
10 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

One whilst fighting a Z-46 with my Z-23. Full HP. Boom dead.

Next game in my Blyska i get dropped by a CV that hit me with one DB. Full HP. Boom dead.

You think its coincidence, that most of the time its on full HP that you explode? Hell no.

3 minutes ago, Domin1c said:

Maybe put on a detonation flag? You know, the flag that completely negates this mechanic.

And you think its conincidence, that I cant buy this flag alone? So if I dont really want to spend money of flags, but only want to get rid of detonations, I could get away with a few cents? Hell no.

12 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

It's getting [edited]old WG. And it's starting to piss me off to the point i don't wanna play and support your game anymore. 

Might be a good idea. Hell yea!

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
1 minute ago, Domin1c said:

Or maybe use the -70% detonation upgrade. Whatever you do, stop whining here. Detonations aren't a problem. 

Here we go. I did not have any deto flags left. Keep in mind you only get 10 pr day. So if you play 11 you are out of luck. 

Read the post. I said that i think that mod is useless. Even if it's -70% you still have 30% chance of detonating. And knowing my RNG i can still detonate. 

Detonations is a problem. Can't you see that? 

I whine when i think something is complete [edited]. And it is. I think there is a few ppl that agree. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,338 posts
5,806 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Here we go. I did not have any deto flags left. Keep in mind you only get 10 pr day. So if you play 11 you are out of luck. 

But... you can always buy 50 Juliet Charlie flags - right now on a bargin! Only 49,99€ Thats only 1€ per match to make sure you can enjoy the game to the fullest!! On top of that - if you go on for 500 games, buying this pack 10x and using everything time Juliet Charlie+ the other AWESOME flags you get 333 from - you have 2830 spare flags of each Zulu, Equal Speed Charlie London , India Bravo Terrathree, Papa Papa and Zulu Hotel ! You very own flagparade! And cost you only 500€ No, wait im not beeing honest - 499,90€!

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
14,676 posts
10,879 battles

After 8000 battles you should know how rare that is.

Sometimes you get detonated threetimes in 15 games and sometimes you play 600 games until your next detonation.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
22 minutes ago, Domin1c said:

Or maybe use the -70% detonation upgrade.

Are you running this flag on all your ships? Must run out quickly of them... What then? Prey to RNGesus?

Antidetonation upgrade doesn't negate detonations. They still happen.

Whatever you do, stop whining here.

Why? Isn't forum the place to bring up things that bug you about the game?

22 minutes ago, Domin1c said:

Detonations aren't a problem. 

Unless it turns hard earned victory into defeat, because 1 enemy TB detonates your last remaining ship with with lucky torpedo hit...

That gives you so much incentive to keep playing... Right...

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,990 posts
25,644 battles

The game is nothing like it was a year ago, where you started your ships and head towards the enemy in a battle that would be fairly even, but now, it's all about the ship with the best gimmicks on-board, the flame is slowly fading after each and every patch.

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

After 8000 battles you should know how rare that is.

Sometimes you get detonated threetimes in 15 games and sometimes you play 600 games until your next detonation.

After 8000 games i know it's rare, yes. I also know how [edited] it is. It's [edited] if you detonate other players, and its [edited] if you detonate. 

Ok. So lets agree it's rare. Does that justify the fact that it's not fun or good for gameplay?

If some BS happens very rarely, is it OK since it's rare? 

Falling down stairs is rare, so it's ok? 

• Cool 8

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts

I've been lucky the last couple of detonations I've had I've been basically dead already with no HP left, but it's still annoying.

I tend to apologise to the enemy if I detonate one at near to full HP as I find the mechanic a bit silly in game terms. Sure it has historical reality value, but this is a team game with a real person just dropped out of it.

I'd like to see the mechanic dropped completely.

• Cool 1

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
8 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Why? Isn't forum the place to bring up things that bug you about the game?

No, it's here just to tell WG how great and balanced their game is. No problems with it at all. Just keep pumping money into it and everything will be fine. IT'S FINE! 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

Some people win mega-millon-lottery, some detonate. Life in a nutshell.

Is it fair? No, but life is not. No matter how good you are, you can still lose and it burns.

And if you say "but hey it's just a game" then why are you taking it so seriously?

I feel that my brains have soften too much. Busy day at the office.

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
2 minutes ago, YukiEiriKun said:

Is it fair? No, but life is not. No matter how good you are, you can still lose and it burns.

And if you say "but hey it's just a game" then why are you taking it so seriously?

I feel that my brains have soften too much. Busy day at the office.

There is one big difference with that though. 

WG can't remove lottery's. But they can remove BS game mechanics with ease. 

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles
4 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

There is one big difference with that though. 

WG can't remove lottery's. But they can remove BS game mechanics with ease. 

But they will not. This has been stated time and tim again. But then again, we see many other topics pop up again and again. :P

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

There are no common sense reasons to keep this lottery in game, save perhaps the little detail that flag bundles include anti-deto flags.

Seems like a kind of deprecable practice adopted by secret illegal associations around the world: "So you want to open a shop in our zone, bro? Then you'd better buy our protection, otherwise your fancy shop may blow up..."

[NWP]
Players
3,551 posts
5,884 battles
15 minutes ago, YukiEiriKun said:

That would mean ppl would literally need to explode in reallife

laughing-hard-gif-8.gif

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
25 minutes ago, iJoby said:

The game is nothing like it was a year ago, where you started your ships and head towards the enemy in a battle that would be fairly even, but now, it's all about the ship with the best gimmicks on-board, the flame is slowly fading after each and every patch.

Probably the biggest issue for me, yeah. Development feels like not having an overarching concept, but going with ad-hoc bullsh*t that is "fun" enough to be sold but not OP enough to cause an uproar. And gimmicks are the easiest  way of saying "buy/play me, I'm unique!", but once Pandora's box was opened, there is no going back.

It's even more hilarious to think that they are sitting on Tone for maybe a year, because things like her "do not fit into the game", but "regular" ships are slowly, ever slowly going batsh*t insane in the meantime. We can't have "gimmicky" ships - but we make them!

...anyway - ontopic.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,152 posts
16,416 battles

Hope they will at least start with this soon.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:54 AM, LilJumpa said:

Answers from the Q&A 17 on reddit (could be continued if he answers some more )

Q:

Hello S_O. My question is on Detonations. Tl;dr: You talked briefly in a previous Q&A about detonations and I would like more information from you on the whole detonation issue. I’ll try to keep this professional but I also despise the mechanic in game so there will be strong statements.

Currently, you have a player go from 75%-100% HP to 0 with a dice roll, ending their game as the detonation mechanic. Low health detonations aren’t nearly as much of an issue as you’d probably have died anyway.

Let’s say a top player is in a division with 2 others and a random shell misses their Gearing and detonates them 2 minutes in, the only mistake they made was running out of detonation signals by using them in previous games, now they need to wait at most 18 minutes to play the game more because they were in a division. They also lose 200k silver because they did not have a chance to do anything yet. This circumstance is why the playerbase despises detonations.

To me, this is bad game design (I’m not a dev at all so please elaborate on why you disagree with this as I assume you do because detonations are in game). Instantly destroying a ship through no fault of the player's because of a dice roll, in a game without respawns, with repair bills, is viewed as bad game design in my opinion and many other top clan's opinions as well.

You have also mentioned that detonations are needed "from the game design PoV" and I would very much appreciate to read why you think this way. Many others, as well as myself, see detonations as un-fun situations that only make the playerbase rage as it is a dice roll to end their game.

In the previous thread I mentioned before, you stated:

we conducted several inquiries, even monitoring "rage quits" (and session time) connection with detonations. And...there is nothing to back up the theory it hurts the players.

People will still play the game because there's nothing else quite like warships, but it hurts your image a lot that you are leaving a dice-roll base game mechanic that instantly kills you in the game. I imagine that many players will spend a lot of money on the game if you remove detonations because that is something most people really want (probably changing detonations so they do a percentage of health to the ship so you can't die from full health because of it). Even those that want to keep it in game won't actually miss it because it doesn't happen enough, but it'll mean that no one ever needs to worry about it again.

Apologies if this seems harsh to you, S_O, but I care a lot about this mechanic and want the team to understand what some of the players think and not just server stats about players.

My question is essentially can you please respond to the points I brought up.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you had/will have a safe trip back to your home.

Idea after re-reading my post: I'm not sure how good or bad of an idea this would be, but maybe changing detonations to do 40-50% damage instead of 100% damage along with destroying the gun above where the detonation occurred. If this occurs, you still get the detonation achievement and signals as normal, you just have less chance to die from it. Just a spitball idea to keep detonations in game as I'm sure that's what your team's plan is. I still don't like that a shell can miss the ship and detonate it and would like that changed as well.

A:

I understand your points, and I've been thinking about this for long time myself - as the questions about detonation are quite consistent.

You know, I just discussed it once again with my colleagues, and we decided to review the detonation mechanics, see what can be done with current way it is implemented. We're not ready for overhauling it, but what we will try to do is addressing early detonations, when ships still have a lot of HP. I think it is a fine place to start, and then, we'll see.

Thanks for bringing this up in an adequate manner

[BLITZ]
Players
2,073 posts
9,129 battles

I hate detonations that much, so I can't even gladden when I detonate someone.

It's a loose-loose situation to me.

• Cool 4

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

I know it's not a big issue for BB's and cruisers, but for DD's it's a BIG problem.

I'll concede you the "resistance" to detonations is slightly better, but I wish it really was less of an issue.

It's wonderful to react to torps and turn into them to dodge them and turns out you have to eat one and you eat it on the nose and BOOM. That's what you get from reacting to torps and eating just one instead of being a potato and not straight line eating four of them in the belt.

Well played WG.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles
11 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

I hate detonations that much, so I can't even gladden if I detonate someone.

It's a loose-loose situation to me.

Same here, I apologize everytime I detonate someone.

At least there's one thing I can be ahppy about WG making such a mess of the clan battles. With zero motivation to play that sharade, I no longer have to hog my Juliet Charlies and put them on all my DDs. It's refreshing to play my Khabarovsk without getting detonated for a change.

• Cool 1