Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePurpleSmurf

Regarding clan advertisement ingame …

22 comments in this topic

Players
1,189 posts
9,547 battles

In about 7 out of 10 games i have at least one, mostly two or three people spamming their 'hey blabla, wanna join a clan, lalala, send message'. What we gonna do about it? Report for misbehave in chat? In that case i'd like to have a lot more reports. Or is WG doing something about it? Yeah probably not, it's just wishful thinking and the spam continues.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,772 battles

Imo as long as they keep it to one simple message I have no issues ignoring it.

If they start spamming the chat, then they get a report for misbehaviour in chat (we have a recruitment forum for that stuff after all).

Funnily enough, I've only ever seen German clans do that so far (in this game that is)

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles

I remind them of the fact we have a forum for this most of the times.

If I am feeling really salty that day (for other reasons) i may also report them for misbehave in chat.

[DREAD]
Players
454 posts
8,341 battles

As Aotearas already said, these do tend to be once per battle, and are nowhere near as much of a pest as the constant 'map-pingers' and those with a fascination for the 'F' keys.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
13 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Funnily enough, I've only ever seen German clans do that so far

Must be Austrian/Swiss clans for sure!

One message right at the start is okay to me, more is spam -> misbehaviour. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles

I've only ever seen, at most, one recruitment message per day and similarly always in German. Even if it were more frequent I doubt I'd care. Why does it bother you?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Well, we have this one popping every so often, this one is THE spammer

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,772 battles
On 11/22/2017 at 0:38 PM, Juanx said:

*Edited

Fake News.

It's not German, thus it has to be a fabrication. QED

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,244 posts
12,620 battles

Yeah, if it's just one during those seconds before the start of the match or in the first moments then it doesn't bother me at all. 

They are not prohibiting communication, they are not spamming, they aren't doing anything bad as far as I am concerned.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,380 battles

why brother reporting? might interest someone 99% of the rest of chat is usally someone spaming minimap or tring to get peple do things that directly benefits the writer so unless you want to disable friendly chat too you can hardly be anoyed about one clan advicement from one person . Now if he spams it 10 times per game thats another story...

[BRIT6]
Players
126 posts
4,043 battles

While I myself don't do it I truly have no problem with it if done once in the beginning while nothing is happening.

We do have to bear in mind that half the community doesn't visit the forums and the current iteration of clans and their management is rather poorly implemented so harmless stuff like that I see no problem with.

My real problem with clan recruitment from the player side is not the in battle message or the quick line after a match asking people directly.

It is when clans try to poach players that are already in clans. That is a serious [edited] move. If people want to leave their clan ask whether they could join fair enough but you don't go around stealing players. And unfortunately this happens to me or others in my clan at least once a week.

Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles

I would report. We're already flooded by advertisement of any kind IRL. Besides, a clever recruiter just waits for the post battle score and sends a kind PM to the best scorer who's not in a clan already. Spamming the chat (yes, I would count even a single message as spam) likely just leads to poor players applying.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles
1 hour ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

We do have to bear in mind that half the community doesn't visit the forums

Yes but the real question is do you want those players that won't care about forums/patchnotes in your clan?

We have a dedicated forum for that for a reason.

Clans are supposed to be a bunch of (fairly) organized people. Something you really can't ask from the average random player so why bother?

[H_FAN]
Players
2,247 posts
31,244 battles

I agree with the posts accepting a recruiting message at the start - there is no problem with that in my mind. Can not say it is happening often enough to be a problem either for me I think it is rather 1 in 10 games max. nowadays. And most are German clans.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

Smurf, you're overreacting. I mean, it's not some "buy gold" spam, it's an open clan invitation - as long as it's ONE message at the beginning of the match, what's the issue really? Chat is for talking about things. Some people complain about their previous team, some complain about current team, some poor sods try to coordinate a bit, others have something else to say entirely. Saying what amounts to "hey, my clan is recruiting" (plus a short summary of conditions) doesn't really seem like something inappropriate.

[BRIT6]
Players
126 posts
4,043 battles
22 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Yes but the real question is do you want those players that won't care about forums/patchnotes in your clan?

Honestly I couldn't care less. I want my guys to be social on TS and play the game. Whether they care about the forums or not I leave up to them. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

I'm getting the feeling my clan isn't German. Never tried recruiting in chat.

Must watch out for the immigration agency... :Smile_hiding:

[__]
Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

I suppose as long as its only posted once per battle there's no harm in it.

to be fair  after how long players on here have been playing MMOs and F2P games (im sure many of you play multiple games of these genres) the vast majority have learnt to ignore recruitment adds by now

Players
1,189 posts
9,547 battles
On 11/22/2017 at 6:53 PM, eliastion said:

Smurf, you're overreacting. I mean, it's not some "buy gold" spam, it's an open clan invitation

Well, the gold spammers for sure also started at some point with just one message ;)

The reason why i opened the thread is, that i had a game a few days ago where 3 guys posted their recruitment thingy at the game start, this is ok, but this scrolls the chat. The first guy obviously did not like that his advertisement was pushed up so he posted it again, then the second guy apparently thought if this guy does it, he can do it too. Then guy one and guy two repeated this 2 or 3 times until it triggered a F-key spam by other players because they were annoyed. While this was only a short event which did not really bother me, did it let me wonder if this could develop into a new trend, when more people do this in chat. This was the first and only time so far that i've seen this though.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
On 22/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, Cosseria said:

I would report. We're already flooded by advertisement of any kind IRL. Besides, a clever recruiter just waits for the post battle score and sends a kind PM to the best scorer who's not in a clan already. Spamming the chat (yes, I would count even a single message as spam) likely just leads to poor players applying.

Or maybe he doesnt care, its a chill clan and they farm oil hapilly.

Sign in to follow this