Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Premium Shop Shenanigans

10 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

Or: How Wargaming didn't get my doubloons.

So, having seen the new deals on the premium shop, I was oggling that 90 days of premium time with the 15% discount. Considering I have plenty doubloons sitting around and my premium time from the super container I had a bit over a week ago is going to run out in a couple days, I thought I might aswell go for it ...

... only to find that the offer doesn't exist for purchase with doubloons, only via real currency.

Now, considering I don't exactly feel like throwing money at Wargaming given how dissappointed I am with a good couple of WG decisions as of late, I have resigned to only spending whatever doubloons I have left (since WG already has the money for those in their bank accounts, might aswell use it), but NOT giving them additional money until I see WG doing something to fix the issues that I'm having with the game (and frankly WG's gameplan, so tough luck for me here, but we digress).

In short: I'll hold onto my doubloons for now. I know WG won't care much since they technically already have all that money, so consider it another notch on my WG naughty list.

If WG wants make that naughty list shorter, I have a simple suggestion:

Make every basic bundle (premium time, signal flags, camouflages, ships) you're selling in the premium shop also available for purchase with the equal value in doubloons.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,524 battles

Well maybe we get to use our Dubloons on Shipdiscounts for chrismas. At least I hope so because i buyed dubloons to buy Lenin and Lo Yang and wait for a discount now. :cap_tea:

[BLITZ]
Players
2,067 posts
9,086 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Make every basic bundle (premium time, signal flags, camouflages, ships) you're selling in the premium shop also available for purchase with the equal value in doubloons.

No! People could spend their complimentary doubloons they earned in clan battles on it. :Smile_ohmy:

I'm holding my euros for quite a while, too.

Latest decisions by WG don't make me want spending any money right now.

Since I don't have enough doubloons for my second tier ten permouflage, my Minotaur has to keep Type 5.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,067 posts
9,086 battles
5 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

At least I hope so because i buyed dubloons to buy Lenin and Lo Yang and wait for a discount now.

leningrad_sale.png.022a5633f3e686afe4b85f18d00d597b.png

yang_sale.png.cc028c08ae52e43358967a4ea807bd94.png

;)

Players
1,071 posts
8,167 battles

inb4 NA get the usual -50% on 1 year premium time, while we can be happy to get -15% on 3 months which is not even worth bothering.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
16 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f33eb831f1471fd4leningrad_sale.png.022a5633f3e686afe4b85f18d00d597b.png

yang_sale.png.cc028c08ae52e43358967a4ea807bd94.png

;)

Funny you mention that. I just checked to see if the De Grasse is discounted, but apparently not. The Dunkerque however is ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

inb4 NA get the usual -50% on 1 year premium time, while we can be happy to get -15% on 3 months which is not even worth bothering.

I'm just waiting for the NA offers to show up, fully expecting that.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,524 battles
9 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

No everything is fine comrade! All servers are equal now! (well except stronk ru server - ru server will always prevail as the stronkest of them all)

Just don't look at those websites of the filthy capitalists! Globalization is a lie! The Internet is a region based thing. :Smile_trollface:

Edit: Whelp better buy those when i get home for Clanbattles. :Smile_ohmy:

Why are they discounted though? I can't see an announcement for that on the Mainpage.... (whelp why am i surprised?)

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

Another funny thing: a couple premium ships are discounted for purchase with doubloons via the techtree (completely unannounced of course, 'cuz WG), but the equivalent ships for purchase in the premium shop with real currency are NOT discounted.

What gives WG?

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts

now the announcements for Black Friday Special and Armada both for NA and Asia are online and for me it seems they are the same, only the exceptions which ships are NOT on discount ingame in the tech tree are different...

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,992 posts

@Klopirat that's because the techtree offerings on the four servers is different. For a list of ships, see here.

Sign in to follow this