Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hjsteg

Armada bundle on EU

7 comments in this topic

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
164 posts
5,144 battles

Today a big bundle containing 45 ships was released in the premium shop.

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/7415/

"The legendary Armada Bundle is back once more! Forget last year’s Armada Bundle, this year is our biggest and best deal ever!! A metric shipton of savings can be made here with 45 ships spanning all nations. Pretty much every Premium ship can be yours to own in this bundle, with a tastey 54% discount. You will also receive 45 port slots and a Custom Flag."

As I have most of the ships in port already, will I get a full refund in doubloons if I buy the package, thus doubloons with a "tastey" 54% discount?

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

Wow. Just wow. I mean, i was always aware of the ridiculous ammount of money i already threw at WG. But this makes it so...obvious. Whats the pricetag on a brandnew blockbuster game? 50-70 EUR? For that money, you get a full game. Even EA would never come up with the idea to say: look, this is Fifa 18. Take it for free, but if you want to play Arsenal London,Bayern München or Real Madrid, we charge 40 EUR each. Or get all the top clubs for 400 EUR, including a massive 50+% discount.

It always had a special, not exclusively positive feeling, to throw 40+ EUR on a ship or tank, just to satisfy the collector in you.

What troubles me the most: you might enjoy your premium ships today, within this totaly screwed up, rng dominated gameplay, and with the next patch, they come up with something completly new/different, turning your favourite premium ship into a good looking piece of decoration. And yet they think, 400 EUR are a big deal and great discount.

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
164 posts
5,144 battles

Let us continue here: 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,573 battles
25 minutes ago, Vaderan said:

Even EA would never come up with the idea to say: look, this is Fifa 18. Take it for free, but if you want to play Arsenal London,Bayern München or Real Madrid, we charge 40 EUR each. Or get all the top clubs for 400 EUR, including a massive 50+% discount.

:Smile_teethhappy:

That is literally what they (+other big publisher) are doing or at least where they are heading to with their DLC policy. Cutting out parts of the finished game to sell you those later or up front as preorderoffer.

And yes those ultra massive Special Editions with ultra (useless) gimmicks with an extreme pricing exist for some time now.

Out of my memory this is the first one that came to my mind:

maxresdefault.jpg

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles
On 2017-11-22 at 1:32 PM, Vaderan said:

Wow. Just wow. I mean, i was always aware of the ridiculous ammount of money i already threw at WG. But this makes it so...obvious. Whats the pricetag on a brandnew blockbuster game? 50-70 EUR? For that money, you get a full game. Even EA would never come up with the idea to say: look, this is Fifa 18. Take it for free, but if you want to play Arsenal London,Bayern München or Real Madrid, we charge 40 EUR each. Or get all the top clubs for 400 EUR, including a massive 50+% discount.

It always had a special, not exclusively positive feeling, to throw 40+ EUR on a ship or tank, just to satisfy the collector in you.

What troubles me the most: you might enjoy your premium ships today, within this totaly screwed up, rng dominated gameplay, and with the next patch, they come up with something completly new/different, turning your favourite premium ship into a good looking piece of decoration. And yet they think, 400 EUR are a big deal and great discount.

Yes EA sports have a complete other target audience. Be realistic - they charge what the market are willing to pay, and WOWs it is a niche game. For me every ship is a game in terms of hours of play and that is the value. I have a friend who has bought maybe 15-20 games in last 2-3 years. I play only WOWS and have paid less than 10 Cent (1 SEK) per/game. It is alright for me. I accept that no game in this genre will likely come. 

Sign in to follow this