Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
V_Gyuri_983

Report???

28 comments in this topic

Players
2,051 posts
10,939 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

How do you know that somebody is using an aimbot?

Anyone that lands a good salvo on him is probably using aimbot :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 9

Players
1,189 posts
9,593 battles

I find threads like this one remarkable. More than 2400 battles played and this is the very first forum post and then it's such an epic topic.

But to not be rude and only offtopic here you go: At the top of website is a link that reads Support. Click on it and login, if you aren't already. Then on the top right click on My Tickets and after that there is a button to open a ticket. Fill out the forum and someone from the WG support team will contact you (via this ticket system and by email, if you have notifications enabled) usually within 1 to 3 days to let you know how you go from here.

*Edited here the direct link. Good luck!

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,547 battles

I always report everyone and anyone, who manages to land a single shot to scratch the paintwork on me during any game. Obviously cheaters. :fish_boom: I mean, here I am - Trying to play a peaceful war game and shoot at stuff and the moribund Schweine have the gull to shoot back! :Smile-_tongue:

What an outage! :Smile-angry:

Players
927 posts
8,496 battles

Well, all you have to do is check his stats...  He probably has no idea what an aimbot in this game would look like or what it would do. 

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

That's a nice 1st post of yours OP. Keep it up!

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,807 battles

Reminds me how yesterday someone else was accused of cheating because he detonated someone despite the victim (supposedly) using the anti-detonation signal flag.

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,547 battles

Heh, I was under impression it can only be detected, if you actually have a replay from the person using aimbot and not otherwise (well, according to them Youtubers anyways). So i remain skeptical...:Smile_sceptic:

Especially, since I had a couple of games last weekend, where there were several (well sadly they were potato-BB's in my team - We lost a lot) members of our own team, reporting and complaining about enemies supposedly using aimbots, when they got killed by obviously skilled DD players shooting from the smoke or some such thingy.:Smile-_tongue: I suspect they misuse the reporting just as a means of childish revenge against the guy who sank them. Do not know if Op was included in that bunch tho.:Smile_bajan2:

Just to be fair - Maybe they should introduce a penalty for false reporting too?:cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,807 battles
17 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Just to be fair - Maybe they should introduce a penalty for false reporting too?:cap_hmm:

I have suggested a community peer review for reports a couple times beforehand, not unlike say what CS:GO Overwatch does. Players could sign up for the program and be given anonymized replays along with a brief summary of the alleged transgression (would require reports to actual contain such) from reports to see if anything worth reporting happened (misbehaviour in chat, teamkilling, griefing) and make a make a recommendation on if the report is legit or a false report, which would then get passed on to WG support to determine any necessary penalty, or perhaps WG could simply make it a multiple choice option to recommend say: false report, no penalty, warning, penalty (with penalty severity increased incrementally for repeat offenders). 

The program would incentivize players by giving out weekly or monthly rewards, but also requires players to fulfil a quota of reviews (no simply signing up and getting rewards for zero effort).

People who judge those reports correctly more often than not get promoted to a higher reward tier (the more correctly you judge, the more rewards you get from the program and the more anonymized reviews you get to judge (also allowing you to raise in status even faster for more rewards)). Reports from those participants also get higher priority so they're handled faster.

People who judge reports wrong more often than not get demoted to a lower reward tier or ultimately removed from the program.

Reports that have been determined as false reports result in penalties to the player who sent the false report (repeat offenders can get their accounts suspended and ultimately banned if they can't take the hint).

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,547 battles

Yyeeah, mebbe so.. Sounds awful lot of like work tho, Hhehehe.:Smile_smile:

To be honest, before last weekend's games (which went horribly wrong BTW - 30% winrate eventhough I thought I was doing a relatively decent job) it had never occurred to me that people would actually report other players simply because they got sunk or shot at in a wargame, it just seems quite absurd. But alas, my naive faith in mankind was once again proved to be quite unfounded. :Smile_facepalm:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles
4 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Reminds me how yesterday someone else was accused of cheating because he detonated someone despite the victim (supposedly) using the anti-detonation signal flag.

That's actually sort-of a thing. If you check your replays one very rare thing you can notice is that you (as I said - very rarely) can load into the game with no flags on you, even if you have them. And as an extension of that you can get detonated while flying a detonation flag if the game decided that you don't have flags this match :cap_haloween:

I've seen it happening twice in all the time that I've played, but the only way I see to show it would be to record your "exterior: signals" tab before every game, and then the game itself (not the replay) till you finally get that 1 situation where that happens. Too much effort for me to bother attempting it

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
5,492 battles
15 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

I am apparently a cheater, since i can citadel Minos in smoke with my Montana. 

So haxxx. :Smile_facepalm:

That's especially funny when they are extremely close (but not yet spotted). They shoot and shoot and shoot and you can easily make out position and even orientation due to the pattern the guns are firing.

Best aimbot accusation so far though was:

• Blindfire at a enemy NC @20km last seen in a turn
  • Seeing all shells go wide and thinking about the wasted salvo
  • Suddenly recieving 4 citadel and 1 kill badge and seeing some very angry accusations in chat

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,807 battles
55 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Someone should tell those peeps that just because we can't see their windows, we ain't stopping licking around until we find one.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
2 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

So it was you you utter ratbag!! Right off to report you as clearly me spamming a salvo every 2.8s couldn't reveal my location at all.

I've seen so many games where people accuse others of cheating and aimbots it's a source of endless amusement, my usual reaction is to ask what proof they have.

I've even been accused of it myself which is hilarious to my clanmates as they know I struggle to hit the side of a barn from inside the barn.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[S_C]
Players
151 posts
9,751 battles

Does seem to be a fair ol' bit of this around. On the rare occasion I have a good battle, must be cheating. Reported! (twice today from 7 games:cap_like:):Smile_smile:

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,219 posts
6,520 battles

Whats weird is the super rare random moments are brushed off, while the utterly mundane are the "omg haxx!!"

-Shoot at a broadside yamato, and instead kill a previously unspotted DD that had chosen that moment to overtake him? "FmL, well anyway have a good game"

-Shoot a slowly reversing pensacola from 10km? "OMG aimbot haxx!!!!"