Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

"World of Warships Mod Policy"

14 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
Players
4,204 posts
6,775 battles

Going from what's said there "X marks the spot" should finally be recognized as illegal mod. Hard to see them managing to enforce limitation for it tho

Players
1,648 posts
12,101 battles
16 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Going from what's said there ...

Going from what's said there, the collision avoidance setting in the game controls should be forbidden as well. Ok, most of us turn it off anyway but still...

Other than that, just have a look at WG's own title pic for this newspost:

image.png

New policy: Do as you like, just don't get caught :>

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Going from what's said there "X marks the spot" should finally be recognized as illegal mod. Hard to see them managing to enforce limitation for it tho

Isnt it in the official modpack though? I know I got it once from there (i installed "enhanced minimap" or something). Felt like cheating against smoke so I put it away after 3 games.

Still, does this mean the official modpack can get you banned? Because that would be hilarious.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,204 posts
6,775 battles
6 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Isnt it in the official modpack though? I know I got it once from there (i installed "enhanced minimap" or something). Felt like cheating against smoke so I put it away after 3 games.

Still, does this mean the official modpack can get you banned? Because that would be hilarious.

As far as I know it is, at least I think it is. You can definitely get it with Aslains

Then again:

[insert elevator music while I'm waiting for 6 min to open MrConways post where I already linked the picture]

p8BH86Q.png

This states that all aiming help mods are prohibited. And that's exactly what the X does

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

@wilkatis_LV

Would the angle mod be banned too? (you know the one whish shows you the relative angle of you and your target)?

I have to admit that's the one mod I do use (coz minimap icons are quite small to see).

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
26 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Would the angle mod be banned too? (you know the one whish shows you the relative angle of you and your target)?

I have to admit that's the one mod I do use (coz minimap icons are quite small to see).

Not really sure man ,they mentioned i.e.

"Applications and mods that make otherwise unknown information available, except for those mentioned and approved on the official forums or portal." or "Applications and mods that help a player to aim in any way that is not already available in the game"

But the information of the angled ship is shown in the mini map, the mod just makes it easier to use.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

@tank276

Exactly my point.. I don't wanna squint on the minimap before every shot I make.

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Well, with the X minimap mod you can shoot a ship in smoke from it's last know position if the enemy ship doesn't move from there which you can know, you can see where the ship stops in his smoke. If the ship move in the smoke you miss the shot, nothing wrong there.

Also if the ship shoot from smoke you see the shell tracer with which most of us can shoot at a ship in smoke without any help, so I don't exactly know what would be the problem with the X mod and how does exactly show any information you can't get ingame.

Players
3,325 posts
5,771 battles
4 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Also if the ship shoot from smoke you see the shell tracer with which most of us can shoot at a ship in smoke without any help, so I don't exactly know what would be the problem with the X mod and how does exactly show any information you can't get ingame.

So usualy, when you shoot at ships, you are aiming from the minimap? Thats an interesting choice. How is that working out for you?

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Isnt it in the official modpack though?

What is allowed

Any mods that are approved by our team. You will be able to find those on our official forums in the "modifications" section: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/493-mods/ 
This includes any and all mods compiled exclusively with our own mods API

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

So usualy, when you shoot at ships, you are aiming from the minimap? Thats an interesting choice. How is that working out for you?

No? That's what I said. I don't play that much so I doen't bother getting the mods in the last few updates but I remember that mod and what I was saying is that I didn't get any information from that mod I couldn't get just watching around me what's going on, so what's the problem?

Players
3,325 posts
5,771 battles
1 minute ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

so what's the problem?

The problem is, that its by definition a cheat, not a mod. Nothing you or I can do about it. Read it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_online_games

I suggest the part about ESP.

also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(video_gaming)

A mod (short for "modification") is an alteration that changes some aspect of a video game, such as how it looks or behaves. Mods may range from small changes and tweaks to complete overhauls, and can extend the replay value and interest of the game.

Putting a skin on your ship = mod. Making the water purple = mod. Turning the looks of your torpedobombers into butterflys = mod.

Beeing able to put your aim exactly on the position, where a ship went into smoke =

Extrasensory perception in video games displays contextual information such as the health, name, equipment, position, and/or orientation of other participants as navigational/directional markers, which would normally be hidden from game players.

Thats the X. no question about that.

Sign in to follow this