Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
majogl

WTF advertising fail

7 comments in this topic

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,108 battles

So I noticed a new jingles WOWS video, while on my phone. As I am not at home I decided to watch it on my phone. Unfortunately I don't have adblock on my phone, so I had to sit through an ad, but OH what an ad... The ad directly endorsed players to pay to hand over their wows accounts so that a team of "pros" can grind out T10 ships for them. For a "small fee" of course.

What infuriates me is that youtube not only allows these ads, concerning WG products, but which are directly against WG's terms of use and EULA and then if that was not enough, they go and stick them onto videos of respected youtubers, potentially damaging their reputation.

So I would like to know what WG will do against this, and when will their legal team get on it.

Thank you.

P.S.: Managed to find it (*edit). The ad is from a site *edit, hillarious I know. They have both russian and english versions. 

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,300 posts
6,185 battles

Seriously? What a stupid idea to make money...better report this directly to WG, not just forums

Players
1,329 posts
3,583 battles

Yeah, I got that one, too. Like on two separate videos of Jingles' that I watched on Sunday - neither of which were WoWS!

I felt vaguely insulted by it and felt like reporting it to Jingles himself, but I was watching on my PS4 so I couldn't.

This stuff shouldn't be so freely advertised, it's like putting an ad during a football match telling everyone to come to you for uncut cocaine or something.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,504 posts

@majogl Do you relaize that you are advertising right now as well?

Report to Wargaming, maybe even report to Youtube / Jingles. But never ever go on and spread the word yourself. You even went on to link to the advertisment and name the company. Good job, now everyone interested in getting unfair advanteges, and stupid enough to pay a third party for a questionable tool, will just have to read your post and follow the leads you are giving.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/

Your one stop of reporting malicious tools and programms.

Now please edit your post or remove it completly before a moderator does it for you. And don't forget the duplicate you created.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,538 posts
9,015 battles

i'm not sure the owner (jingles) has any say what adverts are shown in the videos, they agree to placing an advert in the video to earn money, but i don't think they select the actual content...

Players
65 posts
9 battles

Closing this thread.
If you spot something suspicious, just report it directly to support with some proofs. 

Please, avoid promoting illegal mods because that only gives advantage to unfair players. At some moment those unfair players could lose their game accounts. 

Have a nice day.