Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G01ngToxicCommand0

[Request]Tier VII HIJMS Haruna premium BB

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

Yes I know that a similar topic can be found here but I am suggesting the same ship at tier VII:

In addition to the Ashitaki tier VII premium BB why not make a 1945 version of the HIJMS Haruna fast battleship? It has the same 4x2 356mm main guns as the standard Kongo, 8x1 152mm secondary guns but 6x2 127mm DP guns and 118 25mm AA guns compared to the 14x1 152mm guns; 4x2 127mm DP guns; 12 x 25mm AA guns and 16 13.2mm AA MGs the Kongo at tier V has. This is a significant increase in AA power albeit at a cost in decrease in 152mm secondary firepower but somewhat evened out by the 127mm DP guns and with the proper balancing and consumables I believe it could work quite well at tier VII.

Firepower: This is what I was thinking balance wise with regards to firepower:

The main battery would retain the range and should either keep the 30s reload time but be balanced with a significant increased accuracy and AP shell performance or get 25s reload and a moderate increase in accuracy and improved AP shell performance compared to the tier V Kongo.

The secondary battery range should/could be increased to the same of the Scharnhorts/Gneisenau with better accuracy than the Kongo obviously to offer a bit more overall firepower.

The AA could be supplemented with the Defensive Fire a lá HMS Hood but only for the 25mm AA guns and shorter duration than normal cruiser DF?, stress on could though.

Ship handling balanced as per what a weakly armoured fast battleship; that is shorter ruddershift, a bit tighter turning circle and a good acceleration/deceleration.

Detection range should be a bit lower than for the Kongo in order to make her less vulnerable to early detection, perhaps decrease detection with 1 to 1.5km?.

Healthwise the hitpoints should be balanced for tier VII i.e. more hitpoints and the hull plating should recieve a buff so it doesn't get lol penned and citadelled from the front by 381mm AP.

Consumable wise the ship should be build around a focus on long range support so the spotter planes should have a longer than normal air time or shorter cooldown time. Damage Control Party and Repair Party as per normal and a shortish duration Defensive Fire as mentioned above.

The playstyle should be that of a support fast battleship that initially engages targets on longer ranges that uses its fast speed and good mobility to shift support around the map where needed, then later in the game shifts to medium to short range support where the full fury of the main and secondary batteries can be brought to bear. The ship will be vulnerable to citadel hits from enemy BBs at all ranges and from heavy cruisers from short ranges which will make the ship one that requires a great deal of skill from the player when facing multiple opponents or if in a brawling situation.

Compared to other BBs at tier 7 she will be squishier just as the Giulio Cesare at tier V is and will require the same mindset of the player which will not make it a good ship for newcomers or those lacking in skill, rather it will be as punishing to play as a heavy cruiser for those.

Best things is that the HIJMS Haruna was actually a real life serving ship and IMHO one of the most beautiful of the Kongo class fast battleships/battlecruisers.

Also SHAZAM!

• Cool 1

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

What they said. At T 7 she would be crushed, T 6 is her place, even though she would still suffer from poor protection. Now you just have to convince WG to fork out the cash needed to pay for the very complex virtual model.

[EW_YK]
Players
439 posts
10,686 battles

To be honest I really really hope to god they do not put this in at least not how you ask for it. More long range 'snipers' are not a thing the game needs nor should encourage especially going up the tiers. At T7 you should tank for your team not hug the border.  And I think 5 (or 6) Kongo BB's are enough for the game already.

All the best,

Barky

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,114 posts
4,224 battles

Haruna fits better at T6. Moreover, her 1945 refit (6×2 127mm and 108 25 mm) would give her a better AA protection and thus removes the need for a Defensive fire consumable.

It would be good to have such a ship, and it would be a nice change from all these premiums BB that never existed ...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,269 posts
6,795 battles

They are naming a Amagi class Takao as "Ashitaka" becuase it would be too confusing to have a BB Takao and CA ARP Takao, there's no chance they'll make BB Haruna when they have BB ARP Haruna already

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

They are naming a Amagi class Takao as "Ashitaka" becuase it would be too confusing to have a BB Takao and CA ARP Takao, there's no chance they'll make BB Haruna when they have BB ARP Haruna already

That is more to do with a regular tier 8 Takao that would likely take the spot of tier 8 CA if/when an IJN CL branch is created, with Mogami being pushed over.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,136 posts
11,682 battles

A Kongo class ship wouldn't survive at T7 with the MM. Unless its buffed so far it's into fantasy.

T6 would be a better fit yes or even a T5 one with huge AA. Why does Texas get to be a T5 super AA BB? 

A lot of people would likely pay and want a decent Prem Kongo, especially with that sweet IJN Prem camo...

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,938 battles

Tier 6 is almost already a stretch according to some. I would'nt want put it at tier 7 as it would mean that it needs gimmicks and/or tons of soft stat buffs. At tier 6 she could just be a solid all rounder. 

At tier 6 she would have:

Okay-strongish Health and armor

Solid AA

Underwhelming guns

Good agility

Bad concealment

Goodish secondaries (its tier 6 so minimal impact though)

See, this seems very balanced, but even at tier 6 it would need main gun buffs (RoF and Sigma) to be close to competitive enough to warrant the tier. So pushing it even another tier just seems too illogical.

Anyways from a historic standpoint Kongo-class was never supposed to be Colorado, Nagao, KGV, Nelson or Hoods counterparts anyways. 

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Well the thing is that the ship was in reality constantly upgraded until the end of the war. In game terms it means that it had tier 10 aiming and fire control systems. And considering that the Kongo class was in reality probably the most extensively upgraded battleship ever, I see no problem with making it a tier 6 premium with tier 10 equipment slots. That way it would be the japanese equivalent for the Arkansas. According to some sources, the Iowa-class was developed out of fear of the Kogo-class and its upgrades. The 1945 Kongos are at least tier 6.

Also, were it up to me the game would have many ships that start out at one tier, but after upgrades end up in the next tier.

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
774 posts
12,014 battles

This looks feasible however, you have forgotten one important factor.  There is already a Haruna in the ARP section of the game 

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,114 posts
4,224 battles
22 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

This looks feasible however, you have forgotten one important factor.  There is already a Haruna in the ARP section of the game 

We have Kongo and ARP Kongo, Myoko & ARP Myoko, Graf Spee & HSF Graf Spee, so what is the problem ?

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

Even better, why not make Haruna the final C hull for the Kongo class? Keep the core stats the same but offer Haruna's significantly improved short range AA to bring the Kongo class closer to the USS Texas (particularly as the Kongos have been powercrept somewhat by the other T5 BBs in the game since their release)

[WCWVE]
Players
774 posts
12,014 battles
14 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

We have Kongo and ARP Kongo, Myoko & ARP Myoko, Graf Spee & HSF Graf Spee, so what is the problem ?

The Kongo and ARP versions are both T5, the Myoko and ARP versions are both T7, what is being proposed here is a difference of 2 tiers for the same ship name for the IJN which is the same country, therefore, there is a problem 

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

yes. this game needs more kongo clones. i also want regular(premium) haruna (and whatever other 2 clones are). also add HSF kongo clones also. you can never have enough kongos in your port :Smile_trollface:

[L4GG]
Players
1,556 posts
6,300 battles

yet another bb?

came on, give us a break WG..

How many bbs do you need? More that what we already have?

Did you saw the tech trees, they are riddle with those premium things.

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
304 posts
2,214 battles

As if there wasn't enough japanese premium BB released recently...

[NLWG]
Players
124 posts
8,179 battles
8 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

yet another bb?

came on, give us a break WG..

How many bbs do you need? More that what we already have?

Did you saw the tech trees, they are riddle with those premium things.

There are more DDs in the game then BBs with yet still more being added (Pan Asian) very soon.

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Strictly speaking, we have exactly zero "Kongo clones" in the game. We have Hiei clones. ...so we need at least one. :Smile_trollface:

...but seriously, just a Kongo class modeled in the spirit of the "new quality standards" would make me buy it. Would I rather see another IJN carrier-, and especially cruiser? Absolutely! ...as members of a whole new branch in the silver tree.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,114 posts
4,224 battles
10 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

The Kongo and ARP versions are both T5, the Myoko and ARP versions are both T7, what is being proposed here is a difference of 2 tiers for the same ship name for the IJN which is the same country, therefore, there is a problem 

If you read the discussion above, you'll see that almost everyone agrees on a T6 Haruna ...

[BLITZ]
Players
2,080 posts
9,146 battles
2 hours ago, iFax said:

There are more DDs in the game then BBs with yet still more being added (Pan Asian) very soon.

But not in the matches.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, NoirLotus said:

If you read the discussion above, you'll see that almost everyone agrees on a T6 Haruna ...

you would need some buffs to make it work on t6. if you compare fuso and kongo...

Sign in to follow this