You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jessa_Doom

Rank Battles

25 comments in this topic

Players
328 posts

Hi WG

Again i'm asking this QUESTION why is Rank Battles still not activated and now for me it's been 6 months i have never seen the Rank Battles activated and though in the training tutorial about rank battles it says the rank battles are activated once a week, A BIG LIE i think i do check this on a daily bases and find it has never been activated.

Though in recent weeks i've seen a few videos on players playing in a rank battle played that day and posted that day but i earlier posts on the ticket system i've been told the last rank play was in August and i never got it activated either those players are posting way to late or lying about the time they play.

If Rank Battles are for the privilege few then do not discriminate against other players and say so and if it's not to be activated weekly or even monthly then withdraw it from the game as if no one can play it then why have it there.

In recent updates WG is going from bad to worse Public test server was Very bad on this 0.6.14 test as the new scenarios was faulty and bad game starts as the server was so glitchy, and battle loading way too long only to find you were starting halfway through a battle and the so called testing of the Pan_Asian ship never happened they were in active.

In main game play is becoming glitchy and teams are getting slaughtered before they have moved too many AFK in games and now that is happening halfway through battles it's alway the same thing my side not getting anywhere but the enemy team move like they are in racing speedboats we hit them with a full salvo no damage they hit us devastating strike even a DD 5' gun gets a devastating strike that has to be wrong, and many thing that just don't add up or there is no logic to the mechanics balance of play.           

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,359 battles
5 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

Wg please:

Dude, that was good! And yeah, I wonder if they are working on fixing the server issues of the last few days (or for that matter the past 2 months, we've had this quite a lot lately ingame and on forums. And I know I'm not alone).

As for on topic.

Read. The. Patch. Notes.

Ok... now that is out of the way. Clan Battles are running at the moment. Ranked battles will be back in 2018. This has already been posted by WG on their portal (and the forum) in more than one place.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,437 battles
43 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

In recent updates WG is going from bad to worse Public test server was Very bad on this 0.6.14 test as the new scenarios was faulty and bad game starts as the server was so glitchy, and battle loading way too long only to find you were starting halfway through a battle and the so called testing of the Pan_Asian ship never happened they were in active.

Holy Sh!t!

A test server made for testing things has some errors? Wow, man, who could have expected that?

44 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

In main game play is becoming glitchy and teams are getting slaughtered before they have moved too many AFK in games and now that is happening halfway through battles it's alway the same thing my side not getting anywhere but the enemy team move like they are in racing speedboats we hit them with a full salvo no damage they hit us devastating strike even a DD 5' gun gets a devastating strike that has to be wrong, and many thing that just don't add up or there is no logic to the mechanics balance of play.           

If if only happens to your side, you are the problem. The mechanics are logical and the same for everyone, it's not the mechanics fault if you don't understand them.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,264 posts
6,795 battles
1 hour ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Again i'm asking this QUESTION why is Rank Battles still not activated and now for me it's been 6 months i have never seen the Rank Battles activated

The last RB season was in July or August, hasn't been here since. I'm guessing you were too low level to participate back then.

though in the training tutorial about rank battles

This game finally has some kind of a tutorial? Whoa, didn't even know

it says the rank battles are activated once a week

Nothing like that, RB is usually running 24/7 for the period when they are active. You might be confusing that with Clan Battles, which run 3 hours per 4 nights each week. You kind of have to be in a clan to participate, also you need tier 10 ships (at least tier 8 to get the rentals)

Though in recent weeks i've seen a few videos on players playing in a rank battle played that day and posted that day but i earlier posts on the ticket system i've been told the last rank play was in August and i never got it activated either those players are posting way to late or lying about the time they play.

Pretty sure you're talking about CB

If Rank Battles are for the privilege few then do not discriminate against other players and say so and if it's not to be activated weekly or even monthly then withdraw it from the game as if no one can play it then why have it there.

Or maybe you can educate yourself on what is RB, when and how it is run. Or even what is CB in this case. But no, it's easier to blame WG because you don't understand

It's a Test Server for a reason. And as for Chung Mu - once again, if you did your research you'd probably know that it's coming in the Test Round 2 this thursday as there were some problems with the implementation of the mission. That's literally one of the most discussed things on the PTS forum section

If both - PTS and Live Server - are glitching for you -> just maybe it might be on your end? Not going to deny that they tend to be a bit shady every now and then, but you do see the connection, right?

People don't get slaughtered before they even move, actually with the current meta it's the exact opposite. With the lack of those large BB AP hits games are dragged out longer. Of course one-way-stomps will happen every now and then when one team is clearly superior, but then again - can't blame the good players for working as a team and being better than potatoes (as much as WG is trying to do it)

AFKs are rare, and that 1 ship every few games rarely makes any difference. Or you mean the fact that no everyone is loaded in when the game starts and need up to 2 extra minutes? Didn't you yourself say that the game was "glitchy"? Late-loaders are not AFKs

And the rest of it is absolute confirmation bias. If you weren't so ashamed of your stats that you have to hide them we might tell you what you are doing wrong... But clearly you are too ashamed of what I expect is a very red stats-page.

Players
1,352 posts
3,583 battles

What Tier are we expecting the next season of Ranked Battles to be?

I'm grinding my Harekaze captain in preparation for it being T8.

I don't really have anything prepared for T6 or T7, unless I can unlock Shinonome before the season starts.

I guess Belfast might make a good choice for T7?:Smile_trollface:

I plan to get to Rank 1 this time! :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena::fish_boom:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,264 posts
6,795 battles
46 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

What Tier are we expecting the next season of Ranked Battles to be?

I'm grinding my Harekaze captain in preparation for it being T8.

I don't really have anything prepared for T6 or T7, unless I can unlock Shinonome before the season starts.

I guess Belfast might make a good choice for T7?:Smile_trollface:

I plan to get to Rank 1 this time! :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena::fish_boom:

haven't seen anything said about the tier. I do hope for 8 tho

I mean, 6 would work aswell, but that was the tier last season, not sure if they would do 2 in a row.

7 is the p2w tier with Payfast and Saipan, lets just hope they skip that one

Also if I remember correctly from early seasons they might try something with 5s?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

haven't seen anything said about the tier. I do hope for 8 tho

I mean, 6 would work aswell, but that was the tier last season, not sure if they would do 2 in a row.

7 is the p2w tier with Payfast and Saipan, lets just hope they skip that one

Also if I remember correctly from early seasons they might try something with 5s?

Let's just hope it's not T6. Last season was by far the worst imo

[ADRIA]
Players
4,264 posts
6,795 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Grind CV, CV is stronk :cap_haloween:

Next RB season "we have decided to disable CVs in ranked..." :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
328 posts

Hi All & WG 

Firstly the lag/glitchiness in main game is not my end many players are having the same issue all over EU servers and has been getting worse with each update even the forums now are taking forever to load i have no problem with other sites.

For the test server yes i do know and expect errors but WG test them first and to leave out an important ship in a scenario and then fix it only to give a different ship they are lacking their testing and ignoring or feed back and as i said this test server was very bad to compare with earlier tests.

Again for the Rank Battles there is a training tutorial video on the WG main site under training linked here https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/ in it the info commentary it is said that Rank battles are once a week, and i'm not confusing RB with Clan i do know which item i'm on about.

As for the time of the last RB i had a ship of required tier and it still showed inactive and if so for the right tier why again discriminate against lower tier players as it will probably be the best place for them to get better at the game.

The hamster thing was good i'd probably would have said feed the rat as though the game is reasonable and as i said before it is getting worse as each update is installed.

To compare with when i first stated there was no issues other than bad players and a few cheaters now there is lag by the ton glitches and crashes plus the forum takes forever to load and when i read others having the same issues then do not say it's at my end it's all over EU server.    

About the part i said about are players/Wg lying if WG has a tutorial training video on RB and it says once a week play but it's not there's a lie, if a player post a video of a RB on youtube some day in October saying they play it that day but if they played in August is there a lie there anyway someone is lying.

IF RB is once a year why is it not introduced into the game like Halloween was and that is once a year, and if it's there then it should be playable and if anything is to go by WG says it is a very important part of the game and player experience thus be able to play all the time maybe up to 5-10 battles a day for each player on depending to numbers of players etc.          

Players
1,753 posts
9,924 battles
20 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Again for the Rank Battles there is a training tutorial video on the WG main site under training linked here https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/ in it the info commentary it is said that Rank battles are once a week, and i'm not confusing RB with Clan i do know which item i'm on about.

Which video and where specifically does it say RBs are once a week. I watched the Rank Battle video and the only thing I see regarding the timing of rank battle is that its seasonal.

[WCWVE]
Players
774 posts
12,011 battles

If you complain about lags to the WG staff and raise a ticket they will then send you one of there stock answers, i.e. you are playing mods, uninstall them or there is a fault with your internet.  If you complain some more they will send you a program which you have to load and then they will ask for results.  They will then explain the results away as being a bad connection before it reaches there server.  The lad/glitch will then disappear for a while 

However, if the main BT Server in London is showing lost data when trying to cennect with another server, would it not be more appropriate the admit that there is a server fault 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,264 posts
6,795 battles
2 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Firstly the lag/glitchiness in main game is not my end many players are having the same issue all over EU servers and has been getting worse with each update even the forums now are taking forever to load i have no problem with other sites.

Could it be that those glitches started since the DirectX update? Could it be your PC isn't strong enough to play the game on the graphics you have? Personally I'm not experiencing any glitches except for some that are at my end. PTS - yeah, there are some, but as I said - that's why we have the test server.

And I'm pretty sure that game and forums don't share the server, forums not working in no way influences what happens to you in-game

For the test server yes i do know and expect errors but WG test them first and to leave out an important ship in a scenario and then fix it only to give a different ship they are lacking their testing and ignoring or feed back and as i said this test server was very bad to compare with earlier tests.

Please, re-read the text before you post, sometimes it's not easy to understand you.

Yes, everything is tested on multiple levels of test servers, but not everything gets noticed immediately. There are bugs that would pop up in very specific situations for example.

I don't understand the "leave out important ship in a scenario" part. You mean the ChungMu? What scenario then? It was announced it should have been there but it's not because of technical problems, but we'll get it in the 2nd testing round.

The only scenario I can think of is the new operation - what exactly got left out?

Fix it to give a different ship - what? You will get that same promised ChungMu, the tier 9 PA DD. Nothing's changed there.

lacking testing and ignoring feedback - don't even have a clue what you are trying to point at here.

It may be bad or good, it's still a TEST SERVER. It's to be expected to have massive screwups and bugs in it.

Ok, not confusing them. So which video then? "Naval Academy: Ranked Battles"? Not a single point where they say that it's "once per week". They said they are seasonal, meaning that every now and then there is a ranked battles season for a while.

As for the time of the last RB i had a ship of required tier and it still showed inactive and if so for the right tier why again discriminate against lower tier players as it will probably be the best place for them to get better at the game.

Ok, you had the tier 6 ship, did you also have your account level high enough? In the video it states that you need lvl 9, but since it's a really old video (is it for the pilot season?) that level might have changed up a bit.

It's not discrimination, it's simple "you haven't played the game enough to have any clue what's happening, play and learn some more before you can compete" system. You mean people in League of Legends being unable to play ranked till they get lvl 30 and 20 champions is discrimination against newbies?

Also what showed inactive? if it was the RB option itself - you didn't have the level. If you could select the RB but the ship was inactive - the ship wasn't of the correct tier.

The hamster thing was good i'd probably would have said feed the rat as though the game is reasonable and as i said before it is getting worse as each update is installed.

Pretty off topic, but yes, forums have been known to slow down to crawling speeds every now and then. Doesn't reflect on the game itself in any way whatsoever.

To compare with when i first stated there was no issues other than bad players and a few cheaters now there is lag by the ton glitches and crashes plus the forum takes forever to load and when i read others having the same issues then do not say it's at my end it's all over EU server.    

Oh yes, bad players and cheaters. The typical "my WR is so low because enemies are always cheating" excuse. Your lack of game knowledge compared to their advantage over you is not cheating, it just means they have played more, and probably have looked up some info about how the game works. And if you are so good why you hide your stats then?

There has always been a ton of bugs of glitches, especially when you look at CVs. Want one that has been here at least since the 1st day of open beta and probably even longer? Free-look 180degree camera turn. It's been around forever and it's still not fixed. Actually the game right now probably is as bug and glitch free as it has ever been.

If you are constantly glitching and crashing - check your end, that might be the answer.

And once more - forum being slow has no connection to how the game is going whatsoever. Don't mix apples and oranges.

About the part i said about are players/Wg lying if WG has a tutorial training video on RB and it says once a week play but it's not there's a lie, if a player post a video of a RB on youtube some day in October saying they play it that day but if they played in August is there a lie there anyway someone is lying.

Firstly it doesn't say it, secondly it's not as much of a tutorial as a "welcome to this new gamemode" some 2 years ago. Surprise surprise the game has changed in that time.

As for YouTube - care to provide any examples? From the WoWS YouTubers I'm watching none of them are uploading Clan Battles right now, with a rare exceptions where it's going to be clearly stated that it's CB.

There is a good chance you just misunderstood something.

IF RB is once a year why is it not introduced into the game like Halloween was and that is once a year, and if it's there then it should be playable and if anything is to go by WG says it is a very important part of the game and player experience thus be able to play all the time maybe up to 5-10 battles a day for each player on depending to numbers of players etc.          

It's not "once a year", it's "every now and then". We had what - 2 seasons in 2017? And total of 7 seasons in the last 2-ish years? Next one will come some time after the other competitive gamemode runs out - CB are going till 20th December, so RB will follow somewhere early-ish in 2018.

Halloween is obviously a holiday / celebration. The same as for example Christmas and Easter. Those are special events at some specific time of the year, and have nothing in common with RB.

Whenever the RB is running for the 6-ish weeks that it's active for you can play as much as you like with no limitations (assuming you qualify for the season). But here's a warning for you - if you're not good (check your stats, they'll tell you about your performance) don't expect to score high. Anyone can reach rank 15, but after that you have to be able to carry the team instead of being just a liability tagging along.

Players
328 posts

Hi All & WG

To the player asking about where the mentioning of every week in the training tutorial it about a minute in listen carefully it's quick and mechanical sounding.

To the so the so called one hume has the top of the line multi million pound never goes wrong everything is perfect PC LOL! may not experience glitches they are there as bugs are there and cheaters are there and no i'm not making excuses when the forums are full of players saying the same it's not just me and my play has no bearing on what is going on in the game even if all graphics, and DX or windows updates are installed.

Yes a ticket has been made though the answer is the same it's alway the player never the mechanics of the updates and as usual they fob us off as many a play have reported thousands of players can't be wrong as the forum is filling up with issues.   

Yes the web forums do slow now and again it when they inform the users that they are doing maintenance of the site and once informed user do not mind it's being not informed or the host server messing things up we take a dislike to.

If the RB video is out of date don't you think that WG would update it if not they are still lying no misleading us as to what we think we are getting but in no way is what we have, this is done by most gaming companies to boost or hype if you like the game's potential for sales .           

To have an event like RB 1-2 times a year and put stats limits to it is discriminating against those of lesser starts players and as i said it's for the privileged few, and at the time of this years one according to my stats i'm already ranked 15 though i have never played RB yet i should have had notification stating requirements this has never been so so we all go by what we read or hear and if there's no correct info we have to complain as to why something is there but not useable after all i've play games for over forty years and know in most that you have to achieve certain things to get the next level or unlock events as in this case RB in game the prompt button is inactive and just says it's currently unavailable thus why doesn't it say you have to have certain ship tier or higher play status and regularly told when and what stats are needed for the next one or is WG getting incompetent that they have no clue as to how to inform players in the correct way.

Now i know that WG has no intentions of fulfilling their own information training videos and only activate RB if and when they think it's the right time of year i'm not waiting till then and as for not placing the correct info in an inactive prompt, RB can be put where the sun don't shine at WG HQ and i'll not bother with it.

lastly my firstly was to point out that fact only, there was no secondly what followed Mr. english teacher LOL! was further info on the test server and i'm sure at some point in your conversations you have said firstly let's get this out of the way and then go on talking without saying secondly. 

To all just read what's there and not nitpick at how it written we all didn't go to university and get degrees in the written word or eat dictionaries for breakfast and you wouldn't tell someone to their face you forgot to say comer or full stop etc after every sentence they speak so i do not nitpick at what you write it's the content not the way it's written i see and comment on.

This post is done i think i've had the answer about RB and how it a waste of time going on about it if it not happening and WG continue to mislead us so i thankyou all for the input and my sympathy for those that have to wait for RB that may or may not allow them to play it so good bye and fair seas.              

Players
1,753 posts
9,924 battles
4 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

To the player asking about where the mentioning of every week in the training tutorial it about a minute in listen carefully it's quick and mechanical sounding.

Be specific, which video and at what time stamp. I turned on captions and no where does it say that rank battles are once a week. Watched the videos a couple of times now and still have not seen it say rank battles are once a week. Perhaps you can show us exactly where instead of just saying its a minute in and we have to listen carefully.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,264 posts
6,795 battles
7 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

"The Ranked Battles become available ONCE YOU REACH account level 9" not once a week :cap_haloween:

To the so the so called one hume has the top of the line multi million pound never goes wrong everything is perfect PC LOL! may not experience glitches they are there as bugs are there and cheaters are there and no i'm not making excuses when the forums are full of players saying the same it's not just me and my play has no bearing on what is going on in the game even if all graphics, and DX or windows updates are installed.    

You don't need that good of a PC to run this game (if you run it on correct graphics settings of course) but any PC sooner or later becomes too old

What glitches are there then? I don't encounter them

What bugs? Unless you are talking about CV UI there really aren't that many, and most of them are unnoticeable 99% of the time

No there aren't cheaters everywhere, those just are better players who, unlike you, know how the game works and what to do. Your lack of skill doesn't make others cheaters

Saying what "the same"? That the forums weren't working yesterday? Yeah, we noticed, but that has nothing to do with the game. Calling out cheaters? Check their stats, those red 40% WR will tell you where the problem lies.

If your graphics settings are higher than your PC can handle your game is going to obviously be laggy

Yes a ticket has been made though the answer is the same it's alway the player never the mechanics of the updates and as usual they fob us off as many a play have reported thousands of players can't be wrong as the forum is filling up with issues.

What issues then? Give me a list of them, point towards those other posts. And there aren't thousands of people posting on forums, we are quite few actually.

Yes the web forums do slow now and again it when they inform the users that they are doing maintenance of the site and once informed user do not mind it's being not informed or the host server messing things up we take a dislike to.      

Maybe it's because a technical problem is not the same as server maintenance?

If the RB video is out of date don't you think that WG would update it if not they are still lying no misleading us as to what we think we are getting but in no way is what we have, this is done by most gaming companies to boost or hype if you like the game's potential for sales .

Yeah, and one would expect that a game that has been released for over 2 years had a proper tutorial, but we still don't.

It's an introduction of a new gamemode, check how old that video is. General idea is still correct, especially in this case where you clearly misunderstood the text

They are not lying, the video was correct when it was released. It's like claiming that Grosser Kurfurst being a rentable ship in 6.12 is a lie because now is 6.13 we have a Montana

It's your misunderstanding not WG lying to you

To have an event like RB 1-2 times a year and put stats limits to it is discriminating against those of lesser starts players and as i said it's for the privileged few, and at the time of this years one according to my stats i'm already ranked 15 though i have never played RB yet i should have had notification stating requirements this has never been so so we all go by what we read or hear and if there's no correct info we have to complain as to why something is there but not useable after all i've play games for over forty years and know in most that you have to achieve certain things to get the next level or unlock events as in this case RB in game the prompt button is inactive and just says it's currently unavailable thus why doesn't it say you have to have certain ship tier or higher play status and regularly told when and what stats are needed for the next one or is WG getting incompetent that they have no clue as to how to inform players in the correct way.

There are no stat limits. Do you have any understanding of how ranked works?

You have to reach certain point to participate in a competitive gamemode - that's standard pretty much everywhere.

Stat limits? You yourself are the only limit. If you are bad at the game, you'll reach nothing higher than lowest ranks, if you are good at the game you can fight to reach the top.

It's not for "privileged few", it's for everyone depending on their personal capabilities

Is it account level 15 or rank 15? Rank 15 = you played RB, level 15 = you right now have the highest account level and have all features in game unlocked for you.

The only incompetent there is you. It could be that you checked the RB button BEFORE the season started, that's why it was inactive. Or you didn't meet the level requirement (the lvl 9). All information can always be found on the main page, there are a lot of forum posts discussing it, as well as most YouTubers do videos about the ranked battles when they are approaching. Everything is literally spoon-fed to you. And there is no "certain stats to get higher" - either you win or you don't. If you are not good enough you'll simply drag your team down enough times that you start losing at the same rate or even more than winning, and that's where your climb stops

Now i know that WG has no intentions of fulfilling their own information training videos and only activate RB if and when they think it's the right time of year i'm not waiting till then and as for not placing the correct info in an inactive prompt, RB can be put where the sun don't shine at WG HQ and i'll not bother with it.

Those are not training videos, there is no tutorial for this game. They are informative about something in particular at best.

Trust me, we won't be sad to lose another potato if you decide to quit. RB is not a permanent gamemode, it comes and goes. If you can't wait - your problem.

lastly my firstly was to point out that fact only, there was no secondly what followed Mr. english teacher LOL! was further info on the test server and i'm sure at some point in your conversations you have said firstly let's get this out of the way and then go on talking without saying secondly. 

I literally have no clue what you are saying here. Re-read the text and make it understandable, it's hard enough to decipher your text at the best of times

To all just read what's there and not nitpick at how it written we all didn't go to university and get degrees in the written word or eat dictionaries for breakfast and you wouldn't tell someone to their face you forgot to say comer or full stop etc after every sentence they speak so i do not nitpick at what you write it's the content not the way it's written i see and comment on.    

And if the content is some unreadable gibberish it's your fault noone can read it not ours. You don't need any fancy language skills, just write it as basic as you can and make it understandable

This post is done i think i've had the answer about RB and how it a waste of time going on about it if it not happening and WG continue to mislead us so i thankyou all for the input and my sympathy for those that have to wait for RB that may or may not allow them to play it so good bye and fair seas.              

You've had your answer yet you still clearly don't understand.

Also where are those YT videos about people claiming they play EB right now / in October? I asked you to provide links (proof) and you came back empty.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,398 battles
13 hours ago, lup3s said:

Let's just hope it's not T6. Last season was by far the worst imo

I kinda hope its gonna be T8.

Players
328 posts

DONE WITH THIS IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

I did say not all of us went to university to get a writing degree.

BYE!!!!!! 

Players
313 posts
2,770 battles
23 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

BYE!!!!!! 

??? Bye

Players
1,352 posts
3,583 battles

BYE!!!!!! 

Then why are you still here?

Seriously, though. You don't need a University education to be able to type in reasonable English. Even a Primary School education will give you that much.

...Which leads me to believe that your age isn't even in the double-figures.

You haven't even acknowledged the fact that a couple of people have pointed out your error, in fact you seem to be convinced that you are correct in everything you say (despite most of it not making sense), which is an incredibly childish trait.

• Cool 1