You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What is the ship you are most "comfortable" with?

72 comments in this topic

Hi all,

What is the ship you are most "comfortable" with?

For me it is the "Montana"... I simply love her... :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

Cosseria   

I'm never comfy in any ship. I always play fearing to be obliterated at any given moment by my direct counter or by overwhelming odds. However the ships I feel more confident with are at the moment Bayern and Tashkent.

domen3   

I'd say Baltimore and Des moines....(since they're basically the same ship)...Right now I'm just rushing to get those 100 battles in the Balti, to finally show up on the top 15 players for it

Ferry_25   

For me it was Fletcher. Was on the verge of giving up through the US DD line when this beuaty crossed my path. That was the first (and only ship so far) in which I had the feeling: "Ow, already enough xp?" And that was while I was grinding free XP for Missouri. Played all the upgrades apart. I had a particular hard time making Benson to function. And I know: much people say they don't differ that much. For me it felt like a completely different boat. Haven't played Fletcher a while but I'm planning to take it out again. Harvest enough free captain xp to kick him to 19 and take out this wonder of the game once more.

Kevbar   

Firstly, definitely the one in my Avatar, then Fiji, KGV, Amagi and finally, but by no means least, my fully specced out Arkansas Beta. :cap_rambo:

(Yes, the Ramboesque A/A emoji  was meant to be ironic (for our 'Merican readers that don't understand the concept)).

Taliesn   
40 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

For me it was Fletcher. Was on the verge of giving up through the US DD line when this beuaty crossed my path. That was the first (and only ship so far) in which I had the feeling: "Ow, already enough xp?" And that was while I was grinding free XP for Missouri. Played all the upgrades apart. I had a particular hard time making Benson to function. And I know: much people say they don't differ that much. For me it felt like a completely different boat. Haven't played Fletcher a while but I'm planning to take it out again. Harvest enough free captain xp to kick him to 19 and take out this wonder of the game once more.

I've got the best WR of all tier VIII-X ships I have played so far with her (74%) and yet I don't feel I'm doing anything special with her. Perhaps an indication of why she's touted as the best ship tier for tier.

But in terms of comfort, I'd say Roon and Hindenburg. Love my jack-of-all-trades cruisers. And Kutuzov.

Looking at my 20 ships with best WTR (tiers VII to X):

10 CAs, 6 BBs, 4 DDs

1 to 7 are cruisers, Kutuzov on top.

Fletcher comes 8

First BB is Colorado, at 11, the other five BBs are 16 to 20.

Fletcher, Sims, Benson, Faragut.

I haven't played the Lo Yang that much, but she's a contender. And the Z46 is starting to grow on me.

Another boat that I really like, but am not really comfortable with is the Atlanta.

Gotta go with Fiji because of the most played ship which i wasnt "forced" to play. Takao/Hipper i "had"  (ofc i did play Takao later too) to play because of ARP missions back then.

DDs: Ze germanz (tiers 6+), totally in love with them, at tier 9 atm, the torp reload + hydro + great AP seduced me.

Cruisers: Atlanta (Also have Flint but it feels dirty) DM (Atlanta big brother and my ship for CBs) and Khaba.

BBs: Torpitz (Have quit a few games on it) and Bismarck (plays in a similar way), im enjoying the British BBs so far, the tier 7 is amazing and the AP is nothing to laugh at. Missouri makes tons of credits, Yami and Monti are great but not even as fun to play as the tier 8 Germanz.

CVs: Welp, had a ton of fun with Strike Lexi, after the introduction of so many tier 8 premium CVs I just got bored.

1) Kaga

2) Saipan

3) Any CV really :cap_tea:

If i want a game that i don't need to think too hard about and have a laugh then the Shinny never disappoints, it my go-to BB.  Its a cruiser in BB's clothing! :Smile_izmena:

I can not and probably will never understand how to properly captain any DD to a except-able level expected from fellow forum/Clan members :Smile_teethhappy:.  From the moment the game starts, i truly have no idea what to do with them until the game ends, i have no "DD instincts".

• Cool 1

Depends how I'm feeling but per class:

DD: Sims, she won me R1 in a pretty efficient manner.

Cruiser: Atago, likewise a Ranked ship. Has excellent all round attributes.

BB: Missouri, because of her speed, guns and radar that gets you out of a situation.

CV: Enterprise. Has hard hitting strike planes but enough fighters to bully most opposition.

Noticed they're all Prems, I'm just a dirty wallet warrior :cap_rambo::cap_money:

• Cool 4

Well, if we do it per class...

DD : Fletcher (Sims)

CA/CL : Atlanta

BB : None, I [edited]hate these things

CV : Hosho (love the seal clubbing). But if/when you encounter a Bogue, you are basically useless. They just hoover planes over your flight deck and completely remove you from the match. And since t4 AA is too weak to do anything...

I'll also do it once more per class. (descending from left to right)

DD: Leningrad, Z-52, Fletcher, Kamikaze R

CA: Belfast, Khabarovsk, Minotaur, Fiji, Moskwa, Des Moines

BB: Scharnhorst, Iowa (but I don't like battleships in general anymore)

CV: :fish_palm:

Scharnhorst and Giulio Cesare lately. I like Mutsu too even if it's frustrating not having a decent AA in the last 2 ships.

I really miss my cruiser time but I don't feel "comfortable" playing them with so much BBs last months.

I don't think it's any accident most of our favourite ships are behind paywalls. WG clearly knows how to make ships playable and responsive and save that for the (<$>.<$>)....