Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
B0Tato

wows-numbers vs. warships.today

12 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Players
2,073 posts
9,129 battles

Cheers,

can someone explain this high deviation in winrate and average damage to me?

Overall battles are quite similar.

wows-numbers

wows-numbers.thumb.png.5d7a7bc761bc6a626b6256d9bea225b3.png

warships.today (When: All)

warships_today.thumb.png.b0e0ed9c22b84325bd28089c6acb8791.png

Both sites delivered pretty much the same data until now, but in that case it's a huge gap.

I know warships.today is broken very often, but here I think 47% is just wrong.

o7

Players
13 posts
1,128 battles

You said it yourself, warships.today is broken, the difference in overall battles played is almost 22.000 battles, that alone should tell you how much of it has not been recorded and the rest of the statistics, naturally, don't check out.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,073 posts
9,129 battles
1 minute ago, Arrost1A said:

You said it yourself, warships.today is broken, the difference in overall battles played is almost 22.000 battles, that alone should tell you how much of it has not been recorded and the rest of the statistics, naturally, don't check out.

So 22k battles change WR from 47% to 56% were the total number ist >500,000? I don't think so.

Also 56% are more likely regarding Saipan. So wows-numbers seems broken.

Players
1,071 posts
8,176 battles

As i understand how these sites work is like this. These sites take snapshots of a players played games and calculate the stats. This info is provided by WG, so they are accurate, kinda. The ship stats are calculated by the overall stats of by the tracked players. And here comes how this massive difference can happen. In order that these sites track stats for a player, the player (or someone else) has to search his stats on this site. With the first player search by name, the tracker is triggered and he will be added to the database. Now it is possible that a player only search his stats on one site but not the other site, so his games will be tracked for one but not the site and therefore can not be added to the total ship stats. The amount of players who search for their stats may vary greatly and so can the players themself be different.

For example, 5 unicums search their stats on warships.today but not on wow-numbers.com and at the same time 5 below average players search their stats on wow-numbers.com but not on warships.today. Now you will see a huge difference in tracked stats, because warhips.today does not even know the 5 below average exist, and wow-numbers.com does not know the 5 unicums exist.

TL;DR

A player must be searched by name at least once to be added to the database. Both sites can have a different amount or quality of searched (and therefore tracked) players. The stats on these stat sites are not absolute server stats, but calculated based on tracked players.

Was this somewhat clear to understand?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,073 posts
9,129 battles

@ThePurpleSmurf

Yep, absolutely clear, thanks for that detailed post.

I also think those third party sites work the same way. For example I'd have to click every member of my clan to refresh his stats and get a recent clan overview on wows-numbers.

But I don't think that those missing 22k battles on warships.today were all played by below average players to get the WR on wows-numbers down.

As already mentioned, I think 46% are way to low, you know... Saipan.. ;)

I'd just like to have a least one valid source for stats, recently change from warships.today to wows-numbers, cause first one hasn't benn very reliable.

Players
1,071 posts
8,176 battles
45 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

But I don't think that those missing 22k battles on warships.today were all played by below average players to get the WR on wows-numbers down.

As i said, both sites have obviously a lot of different players they track. It's not the 22k battles by weaker player, it's simple both sites take a huge amount of different players into account of which the other site does not know about.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,808 posts
9,214 battles
53 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

@ThePurpleSmurf

Yep, absolutely clear, thanks for that detailed post.

I also think those third party sites work the same way. For example I'd have to click every member of my clan to refresh his stats and get a recent clan overview on wows-numbers.

As already mentioned, I think 46% are way to low, you know... Saipan.. ;)

I'd just like to have a least one valid source for stats, recently change from warships.today to wows-numbers, cause first one hasn't benn very reliable.

Tomato will lose even with ship like Saipan

[BLITZ]
Players
2,073 posts
9,129 battles
7 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

Tomato will lose even with ship like Saipan

That's why it's probably not 100%.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,808 posts
9,214 battles
14 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

As i said, both sites have obviously a lot of different players they track. It's not the 22k battles by weaker player, it's simple both sites take a huge amount of different players into account of which the other site does not know about.

It is my fault because I check "strange individuals" (CV trying capture cap at the start, BB on the trip to the borderline, DD hiding behind the island whole battle) only on wows number portal :Smile_hiding::cap_look:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,220 posts
6,782 battles

Even if every single one of those 21 962 games was a loss, that still would bump the WR down to just 53.85% :cap_book:

But yeah, as @ThePurpleSmurf said - the player has to be searched for it to be tracked / updated. Also when was the last update matters, as the site doesn't get any new data on the player till someone opens his stats once more.

And to be fair... that 56% really isn't that hard to believe, it's Saipan after all. You have to be extra special to do badly in it. :cap_money:

Tin foil hats on boys - probably a big reason for that WR being so low is that Saipans [most likely] often meet other Saipans forcing it to average closer to 50% :cap_haloween:

[OMNI]
Beta Tester
508 posts
5,263 battles

In all fairness, win rate (WR) the 2nd to last thing people should look at (aside from WTR). 

In my opinion, simply try to aim above the highest statistic there is (whichever of the 2 it might be), and you are ok. 

Sign in to follow this