Sign in to follow this  
Schumy90

How about giving us acces to USS Albany?

42 comments in this topic

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles

As the title suggests, already posted a question in Q&A for about one month and still no answer :cap_book: (Q&A dead? :cap_old:)

So i'm asking you guys, what do you say if wargaming would give us acces to buy USS Albany, would you get her?

Refference: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Albany

47d18fba-3797-11e5-af8c-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,078 battles

Short answer - yes.

Longer answer - yes since I'm a bit of a fan of the pre-dreadnaught era. The very look of this ship makes me want to buy it. because it's not about the performance but the sentiment at low tiers.

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
39 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The very look of this ship makes me want to buy it.

I think you hit home right there. I had her before and sold her like an idiot... yes I deserve bashing. In my opinion she is the most beautiful ship ingame. And I for one want her back. NA had her in shop last month (haven't checked now). Hoping maybe EU may give us a chance to get her?

[CATS]
Players
14,730 posts
10,882 battles

They gifted the ship everyone two years ago with at least another chance to win her.

It is WGs policy to make some premium ships rare.

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

They gifted the ship everyone two years ago with at least another chance to win her.

It is WGs policy to make some premium ships rare.

I know, but that was not the question given the fact that she resurfaced in shop. Not on the EU thow...

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

I have her and played her a fair bit, admittedly, not so much recently. She is such a pretty ship and as such it is a shame to see her take damage, I loved sailing out in the Albany even before the range buff some months ago. However, don't let her looks deceive you, she has claws, very sharp ones and is often underestimated at the enemy's peril.

Whilst I don't think it should go on general sale, I would be happy to see it available as a limited special / reward occasionally, but in answer to your question:-

YES. Why would you not want to have such a beautiful creature in your port?  :Smile_smile:

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles

The fact that Okhotnik was recently in shop (and she too is seen as a rare premium) gives me hope that maybe we can have Albany as well, at least for die-hard collectors. Stats are not that important to me. I'd like to have her just for her looks. And place her at my harbor entrance! :fish_cute_2:

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles
1 hour ago, Schumy90 said:

And place her at my harbor entrance! :fish_cute_2:

I hope thats not a euphemism! :Smile_hiding:

[NED]
Players
4,198 posts
11,706 battles

I had the chance to buy Albany with the Diamond (? IIRC) event. But instead chose Tachibana which is now in shop. So now pulling my hair out in regret. I'd love to have Albany.

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
6 hours ago, Kevbar said:

I hope thats not a euphemism! :Smile_hiding:

Or is it? :Smile_trollface:

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

I would buy her, if I have the money.. althogh, I got already far to many harbor queens. Mikasa, Diana, Emden and stuff... But I really love the Premium-Pre-Dreadnought era ships... Thing is, those ships are usually pretty useless. Not only only Tier 2, but not good in general. They will just sit there, look good and occupy harbor slots. Totally worth it. :)

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
31 minutes ago, josykay said:

I would buy her, if I have the money.. althogh, I got already far to many harbor queens. Mikasa, Diana, Emden and stuff... But I really love the Premium-Pre-Dreadnought era ships... Thing is, those ships are usually pretty useless. Not only only Tier 2, but not good in general. They will just sit there, look good and occupy harbor slots. Totally worth it. :)

Not really, don't tell me that you don't take them out for a spin now and then for some R&R. Historically you have true beauties...the oldest Battleship on the planet, the last true corsair of the seas, not really sure about Diana's history tho. I also got them and do enjoy them now and them for some lulz. But I really,truly miss the Albany. Ingame she seemed to be the game's beauty queen and i'd love to be at her helm once again.

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

Diana did indeed some fighting in the Russo-Japanese war during the battle of the Yellow Seas, and was finaly interned by the french, and later made it back to Russia, where she served in WW1 druing Riga and Moon Sound.

She became later a hospital ship, was because her poor shape disarmed and finally scrapped. Essentially one of the less famous Pallada sisters compared the the Aurora, which got famous for starting the October revolution.

I do use them here and there, but  in terms of game play they are simply not that great.. Mikasa is infamously bad, because of her inaccurate guns and slow speed, working only, if the enemy! allows you to make her work. Diana is simply to slow compared to other Tier 2 cruisers, and well Emden is flat out worse than her tech tree sister. Not bad per se,  but simply worse. I love them, and I keep them, and once i got the Albany, it would be the same. :) Rarely played but so good to look at. I really love the White-Yellow colors.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
35 minutes ago, josykay said:

Diana did indeed some fighting in the Russio-Japanese war during the battle of the Yellow Seas, and was finaly interned by the french, and later made it back to Russia, where she served in WW1 druing Riga and Moon Sound.

She became later a hospital ship, was because her poor shape disarmed and finally scrapped. Essentially one of the less famous Pallada sisters compared the the Aurora, which got famous for starting the November revolution.

I do use them here and there, but  in terms of game play they are simply not that great.. Mikasa is infamously bad, because of her inaccurate guns and slow speed, working only, if the enemy! allows you to make her work. Diana is simply to slow compared to other Tier 2 cruisers, and well Emden is flat out worse than her tech tree sister. Not bad per se,  but simply worse. I love them, and I keep them, and once i got the Albany, it would be the same. :) Rarely played but so good to look at. I really love the White-Yellow colors.

Still a happier story than what happened to the third sister, the Pallada.

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
45 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Still a happier story than what happened to the third sister, the Pallada.

Just finished reading her history. Indeed... But she did manage to leave a mark in ww1 by managing to capture logbooks containing german naval codes that helped the british quite much by decoding wireless traffic over the baltic and north sea.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
3 minutes ago, Schumy90 said:

Just finished reading her history. Indeed... But she did manage to leave a mark in ww1 by managing to capture logbooks containing german naval codes that helped the british quite much by decoding wireless traffic over the baltic and north sea.

Wrong Pallada. That's the second one. Look up the previous one.

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

Yeah, the Pallada was, just like her sister Diana involved in the Russo-Japanese war. During the Battle of the yellow sea, she was struck by a torpedo, however she managed to limp back to Port Arthur, where she was trapped because of a blockade and  sunk in shallow waters. Later she was rised by the Japanese and seized as a prize of war, repaired, and recomissioned as a training cruiser in the imperial japanese navy. The Bayan,  the lead ship of the class, the other Pallada cruiser belonged, that is mentioned here, suffered a similar fate. However, her 3 other sisters were built much later, and therefore were not present.

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
2 hours ago, lafeel said:

Wrong Pallada. That's the second one. Look up the previous one.

My bad, was on mobile. Now on my laptop and managed to do a thorough search.

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

I would wait, since Albany is now just a normal ship in the US I am sure, it will happen here sooner or later as well.

And 180.00 Euro is an enormous sum. It might be a good deal, but the price is simply to high. Especially since I am not interested in multiple ships (The CVs, Marblehead, Sims for example.).

I really really don't like the Mega bundles, because they show, how much you spend for the game if you are a collector and buy hight tier vessels.

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles

Indeed, out of that bundle, except Albany only Enterprise would spark my interest... maybe Alabama too (just a little). But 180 euros is too much of a kick in the groin to be spent at once.

[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,078 battles
5 hours ago, josykay said:

I would wait, since Albany is now just a normal ship in the US I am sure, it will happen here sooner or later as well.

And 180.00 Euro is an enormous sum. It might be a good deal, but the price is simply to high. Especially since I am not interested in multiple ships (The CVs, Marblehead, Sims for example.).

I really really don't like the Mega bundles, because they show, how much you spend for the game if you are a collector and buy hight tier vessels.

Indeed, buying an expensive bundle for a t2 ship? Not worth it.

Maybe we'll get a mission in the future with Albany as the reward.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,139 posts
5,915 battles

And she's a crap. Don't know why would you like to have her. You want mine? Take it! Will give you for free :Smile_trollface:

[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
1 hour ago, _DeathWing_ said:

And she's a crap. Don't know why would you like to have her. You want mine? Take it! Will give you for free :Smile_trollface:

Deal!  :cap_money: want her because eye candy :fish_cute_2:

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles

She is a slower Chester but as her profile is smaller she in the small maps with close fighting dont seem to attract fire and hits so much. Beutiful yes, chose her in the GN

Sign in to follow this