Reminder: Free Upgrade Demount ends 20/02 05:00 UTC! Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

Cyclons over & over again??..why?

41 comments in this topic

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I wish it was that easy, lol :cap_book:

But the CVs spotting ability is extremely reduced in a cyclone. He has to spot everything himself and not by teammates. The spotting range from air for all ships is reduced (to 3km or so). When you want to attack a ship and start to see it, you have to react extremely fast to get an attack done. And if he's at a bad angle, well, good luck maneuvering in his short-range AA.

And the most annoying thing: Def-AA panics your planes in a cyclone, even if neither you see the ship nor he sees your planes. There is no damage, but the panic mode is in the full AA range.

Well, that just makes it unfun for both parties then. This should change in my opinion. 

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,964 battles

The last part should be changed, but the rest is ok. It shouldn't be removed just because it's difficult. No need to make this game more noob friendly :D

[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,837 battles

Well stop playing battles in the South Pacific and Indians Oceans

Also because of this guy

Image result for rngesus says no

Players
2,223 posts
11,138 battles
20 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

Also because of this guy

Wrong guy mate, its the cyclone groundhog:

Cyclone.thumb.jpg.1662bce187baaa19975d870bba8d770b.jpg

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Why are we getting so many cyclones you ask. 

Global warming :Smile_trollface:

[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,837 battles
14 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

WOW

the HE Spam got intense then

• Cool 1

Players
494 posts
10,596 battles
10 hours ago, stewie533 said:

There are a few things that despise me the most about how it works now.

Planes are nearly invisible but are not affected by the storm. Either make planes not affected by the weather at all, or have it work as a permanent 'panic' ability. But not perfect stealth and perfect drop.

RADAR and hydro works too wel. Both equipment whose function should be severely hampered by this atmospheric disturbance.

The view range is not affected ingame. They should make your view actually limited. Not a fake boundary that still lets you see that island 50km away. (This one pisses me off the most)

Good grief sir, you're a heretic!  Realism in any slight form will not be implemented in an Arcade Game, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Untitled.png

Players
494 posts
10,596 battles
10 hours ago, stewie533 said:

There are a few things that despise me the most about how it works now.

Planes are nearly invisible but are not affected by the storm. Either make planes not affected by the weather at all, or have it work as a permanent 'panic' ability. But not perfect stealth and perfect drop.

RADAR and hydro works too wel. Both equipment whose function should be severely hampered by this atmospheric disturbance.

The view range is not affected ingame. They should make your view actually limited. Not a fake boundary that still lets you see that island 50km away. (This one pisses me off the most)

Good grief sir, you're a heretic!  Realism in any slight form will not be implemented in an Arcade Game, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Beta Tester
2,767 posts
3,071 battles
13 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Cyclones are fun, until you play a cruiser and get a surprise visit from the Battleship fairy bringing you a 8 ton broadside. Now that's fun and engaging, almost like a root canal!

You made me laugh, Sir! A good way to start the day!:Smile_teethhappy:

On the subject, though, I can't really say I care much for cyclones in the game. They are supposed to introduce an element of chance by changing the tactical situation, forcing the players to adapt. This sounds like a good thing in theory, and in the best scenario - where your team instantly responds and coordinates - it can work out that way. But the usual response is for the battle to grind to a slow halt, with everyone driving around at half speed waiting for visibility to return, hoping that their guns will be pointed in the right direction if they happen to run into an enemy. At least that's my own experience so far. About the only time I've ever been able to get something positive out of a cyclone, was when I, in my Tirpitz, had the good fortune of bumping into an enemy Atago at 8 km range, sinking him with a single volley before he even got his torpedoes away*. But 80 seconds later I was sunk myself from almost full hit points by torpedo planes I couldn't see before they were right on top of me, so it all goes around.

If cyclones were rarer, they might not be so annoying.** But they seem to creep up rather frequently; or is it just my imagination?

*So I guess that makes me the Battleship Fairy? If that was you in that cruiser, Aragathor, please accept my apologies!

**Quote from just about anyone down in the Caribbean, I'm sure. 

Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles

Every cyclone should be a gigantic Typhoon Cobra whose eye is on the map center. BBs on the map borders will be dragged towards the center no matter how hard they strive.

Seriously, I loathe cyclones. They only add more RNG and I'm fairly p]§§&4 0££ when I get the warning, no matter which ship I'm using.

Beta Tester
2,767 posts
3,071 battles

Maybe we could have the option to go back to port, when that cyclone warning appears? Because that would be the obvious thing to do.

:cap_yes:

[HOO]
Beta Tester
682 posts
5,957 battles
2 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Well, in view of Donald (Duck?) pulling out of the Paris Agreement, I guess they don't believe in Cyclones on the NA server.

Discuss!

:fish_nerv:

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,953 battles

The concept is OK, but implementation is a fail. I don't like cyclones because they totally disrupt already frequently skewed balance. All sniper-type ships (Soviet cruisers & DD, most of RN BB, some IJN BB & cruisers, among others) are totally f*ed. Brawling BB/CA are heavily favoured, as usual. All they need to do is bunch up...

Also, although it encourages team play (which should be a good thing) - typically it doesn't encourage enough, so the battle gets even more random and chaotic. You can have great plan but if randomly you alone will encounter 3 enemy ships which accidentally are in your 8km circle especially from different directions - you're toast. 

I would leave cyclone as an option so you can avoid having those in ships which become practically useless in such scenario.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,300 posts
14,177 battles
On 21.11.2017 at 10:50 AM, _DeathWing_ said:

You mean overheating servers?

BTW. Cyclone is cool. If only we got some kind of heavy rain with it obscuring entire world beyond 8km range...

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,890 posts
7,324 battles

Hindenburg in a cyclone played right can basically win the game alone.