Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

Cyclons over & over again??..why?

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
681 posts
19,906 battles

The most batlle-interrupting game mechanic imo is : those many cyclones?! Why so often we get those cyclones? Can anyone realy appreciate such 'fully-battle-halts'...'full time-outs'....literally almost nothing happening anymore as from the start of a cyclone?! I REALY ask myself: is there realy some 'large-playerbase-support' for maintaining the high frequency of Cyclones occurring? Who does like it???:cap_hmm: I experience 'the cyclone-time' in fact as some almost totally halting/stopping 95% of any battle activities (since enemy ships have no longer any visible targets). When getting a cyclone one can as good get another drink or place some 10 mins telephone calls or watch some news on the internet etc. since NOTHING happening anymore during say some 10 mins 'cyclone-time-out'. When a cyclone starts I ask myself right away: 'what am I gonna do during the next 10 minutes? Google some news-items on the internet or so? What are you gonna do during ca. 10 mins game-interruptions? I experince the beginning of a cyclone almost same as say: "game over"..all go count yr fiches now & cash them in...lol.

 

I know lots of testings are done to see how things work out in practice, I understand that, facaus. But those 'Cyclone-time-outs' seem to be in-game for quite some time now. One can only conclude that the vast majority of players thus 'like the cyclones'??

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

I counted 11 (12 if you include the title).

 

:cap_hmm:

 

Edit:- I counted Cyclone (singular) and Cyclones (plural) together, irrespective of capitalisation and/or other punctuation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
545 posts
8,367 battles

I dislike cyclones in their current form very, very much. If i was to improve them, i would make them reduce visibility for all ships by a certain percentage (not necessarily the same for each ship type) instead of imposing a 8km limit and by shortening them.

 

I wouldn't be sad either to see them disappear completely though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,020 posts
5,450 battles

Some people don't like them, I think they are quite interesting and fun game mechanic.

 

At some point I would like to see regular matches with rain in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
681 posts
19,906 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I like cyclones.

ok, thats yr opinion, ok, I respect yr opinion as an individual player, fcaus. There obviously must be many players who seem to like the cyclones?!?

 

(....dwells my mind to my sister who likes 'flower arranging in colorful flowerpots'...maybe I go assist her when next cyclone pops-up in my battle? maybe....:cap_popcorn:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
1,939 posts
22,465 battles
9 minutes ago, Belustigungspanda said:

I dislike cyclones in their current form very, very much. If i was to improve them, i would make them reduce visibility for all ships by a certain percentage (not necessarily the same for each ship type) instead of imposing a 8km limit and by shortening them.

 

I wouldn't be sad either to see them disappear completely though.

No the range must be the same, but you could have different weather conditions hard cyclone 8 semitough on 12 or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
1,939 posts
22,465 battles
1 minute ago, Yaskaraxx said:

ok, thats yr opinion, ok, I respect yr opinion as an individual player, fcaus. There obviously must be many players who seem to like the cyclones?!?

 

(....dwells my mind to my sister who likes 'flower arranging in colorful flowerpots'...maybe I go assist her when next cyclone pops-up in my battle? maybe....:cap_popcorn:)

He he

 

But to be serious it adds complexity and if you are good you can take advantage of cyclones , it is after all on high tier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,638 battles
24 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I wonder what the world record is for the most mentions of cyclones in a post. :Smile_hiding:

 

It's ironic that he complains about the high number of cyclones with a post with a high number of cyclones.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,065 posts
11,010 battles

Cyclones are fun, until you play a cruiser and get a surprise visit from the Battleship fairy bringing you a 8 ton broadside. Now that's fun and engaging, almost like a root canal!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

BS mechanic that only favours BBs, wish it were removed completely.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

I certainly like how they look, so i would leave them as visual effect.

 

Get rid of the mechanics though. Or at least make some less showstopper versions and cycle them with the hardcore thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,529 posts
5,864 battles
4 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

BS mechanic that only favours BBs, wish it were removed completely.

 

I dont feel at all like that. Only because they have the greatest buff on concealment, doesnt mean its most favourable to them. Basicly ANY ship with torpedos is suddenly a highthreat to u.

 

All in all i tend to like cyclones. I like close combats, coz i can punish the enemy fast and hard :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

A DD can get into that position even without a cyclone. And of course, the moment the BB gets spotted and does not spot in return, will start maneuvering since it is obvious that a DD is spotting it. Good luck with your torps.

 

A cruiser will get shat on by a BB at that range, the majority of cruisers do not have enough torprange. Also mind you, the BB will instasmack your for half your HP because of retarded overmatch mechanics and turn away from you, so your torps won´t even reach him. Couple it with how ridiculously fast BBs are and you will even struggle to catch up with him, all the while getting rekt by him.

 

Cyclones are maybe fun in the low and mid tier bracket, but high tier cyclones are just pure asscancer and should be removed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,529 posts
5,864 battles
25 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

A DD can get into that position even without a cyclone. And of course, the moment the BB gets spotted and does not spot in return, will start maneuvering since it is obvious that a DD is spotting it. Good luck with your torps.

 

Ye right, like the average potato is so smart. Its funny how all the time ppl complain about how stupid most of the ppl are, yet when argueing about anything everyone is suddenly a Superunicum.

 

25 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

A cruiser will get shat on by a BB at that range, the majority of cruisers do not have enough torprange. Also mind you, the BB will instasmack your for half your HP because of retarded overmatch mechanics and turn away from you, so your torps won´t even reach him. Couple it with how ridiculously fast BBs are and you will even struggle to catch up with him, all the while getting rekt by him.

 

Depends on Cruiser and BB. Sure a yamato will overmatch everything. Within 8 km both are full speed ahead, the BB cant turn that fast, and how is he outrunning your torps now? Even when they are fast they lose a lot of speed when turning and they still need time to make a 360. Btw German Torps 6 km, Donskoi 8 km, RN, IJN and French Cruiser 8-9-10km depends on ship. So basicly i see only the Chapa with 4km torps which has a hard time getting to him.

Clearly the Chapa is the Majority of Cruisers :cap_haloween:

 

25 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Cyclones are maybe fun in the low and mid tier bracket, but high tier cyclones are just pure asscancer and should be removed.

 

I dont think lowtiers can have Cyclone... T5 is the first to see a cyclone i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Depends on Cruiser and BB. Sure a yamato will overmatch everything. Within 8 km both are full speed ahead, the BB cant turn that fast, and how is he outrunning your torps now? Even when they are fast they lose a lot of speed when turning and they still need time to make a 360.

Thats not how this works... thats not how any of this works!

 

You do realize that almost all high tier BBs overmatch cruiser bow, RIGHT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,529 posts
5,864 battles
50 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Thats not how this works... thats not how any of this works!

 

You do realize that almost all high tier BBs overmatch cruiser bow, RIGHT?

 

Yes i know, thats why i said depends on Cruiser and BB. F.e. Bismarck and Tirpitz can be tanked. Also a BB does not have 100% hitrate even at <8km. Not getting citadelled by him is probably enough to kill him. If he is coming at u, his firepower is 50-66% depending on BB.

Oh btw, as i am divisioning a lot with a RU Cruiser player, he did kill a NC and a Colorado consecutively in one Cyclone with Torps in a CHAPAYEV...

 

If u dont like cyclone thats one thing, everyone has the right to an opinion. But saying it favours BB is just wrong to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

There are a few things that despise me the most about how it works now.

Planes are nearly invisible but are not affected by the storm. Either make planes not affected by the weather at all, or have it work as a permanent 'panic' ability. But not perfect stealth and perfect drop.

RADAR and hydro works too wel. Both equipment whose function should be severely hampered by this atmospheric disturbance.

The view range is not affected ingame. They should make your view actually limited. Not a fake boundary that still lets you see that island 50km away. (This one pisses me off the most)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
16 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

Planes are nearly invisible but are not affected by the storm. Either make planes not affected by the weather at all, or have it work as a permanent 'panic' ability. But not perfect stealth and perfect drop.

I wish it was that easy, lol :cap_book:

But the CVs spotting ability is extremely reduced in a cyclone. He has to spot everything himself and not by teammates. The spotting range from air for all ships is reduced (to 3km or so). When you want to attack a ship and start to see it, you have to react extremely fast to get an attack done. And if he's at a bad angle, well, good luck maneuvering in his short-range AA.

And the most annoying thing: Def-AA panics your planes in a cyclone, even if neither you see the ship nor he sees your planes. There is no damage, but the panic mode is in the full AA range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×