You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HrS_Sylar

Missouri grind?

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
22 posts
1,343 battles

I am making such a slow progress towards the Missouri. What am i doing wrong? What can i do to speed it up without doubloons? How can i speed up the free xp gain?

How much doubloons would i need if i want to go that way?

7 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,497 posts
11,556 battles

You will need doubloons worth 100€ to exchange enough free experience.

You get more free exp by:

• playing better
  • playing ships of a higher tier
  • using camouflages with a bonus to exp or free exp or both
  • using signal flags with a bonus to exp or free exp or both

Preferably use them all together on a weekend with 100% (or even more, but that is rare) bonus experience for the first daily victory to maximize the effect.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,497 posts
11,556 battles

Well, it's not supposed to go fast. Remember, we are talking about a very good T9 premium ship with incredible credits income. It would feel wrong if you could get it in 2 weeks, right?

[H_FAN]
Players
1,970 posts
23,232 battles
On 2017-11-19 at 11:10 PM, HrS_Sylar said:

I am making such a slow progress towards the Missouri. What am i doing wrong? What can i do to speed it up without doubloons? How can i speed up the free xp gain?

How much doubloons would i need if i want to go that way?

Well, OP, You are new to the game, you have only NO and Baltimore T8 and up. I do not know if you pay for premium account this accelerates XP and credits with 50%/game. PapaPapa flags 333% and the more rare special flag 777%. You do not have any Premium ship at higher tier, however your experience on higher tiers are limited , you only play US cruisers. 

The combination of a premium time, high tier ship/eventual camos or prem camos + flags can bring you a few thousand FreeXP per game. Most of these flags are difficult to obtain if you are not very good or veteran, but you can take flags in the containers that you recieve per day when you play , Papa papa is very rare however, the other special flag may be obtainable in tiny numbers on PTS play etc.

Missouri however is a ship that is made to be a FreeXP sink for players with thousands of battles and many many ships =veterans. You have the Iowa in the tech tree. The FreeXP cost is so high for Missouri that you should not have it as a goal so early in the career, better  use it for get rid of stock hulls on say T8+ grind.

These rare flags are such that you do not waste them on low/mid tier ships , you save them as you will run out of them always. I do not use them myself until I know there is a goal. 

FreeXP are also available often as mission rewards in the various campaigns f.e. in the Yamamoto campaign there are more or less a FReeXP of a few thousand FReeXP on every level , but that campaign is tailored to the veteran. I do not remember know but you may have a few on the science of victory campaign which you should do as a new player. Hon service is also tailored to veterans. See Missouri as a long term goal in the distant future but you are too new at WOWS at the moment for that. It naturally depends on how much you play.

If you want to spend part of it as doubloons first you need to have elite XP to convert on your ships, as you have few ships and seems to grind and perhaps not play lower tier after next ship and no premiums you do not collect elite XP either. That you also need. Otherwise wait for 35;1 exchange which happens from time to time, that is the cheapest in history so far.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,407 posts
6,194 battles

As others said, Missouri is a pretty advanced goal at this stage for you - I think it might be better to "ignore it" for now (I mean... If you want her, do not spend any free XP on anything else and it will pool up) - instead try to get through several more techtrees, try to get some Tier X's etc., all the way saving up Free XP and using Free XP flags whenever you get them. 5% per battle may sound low, but it adds up eventually. And the more you get this way, the less you have to eventually convert. 

• Cool 1