You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

Dynamic Map

Dynamic map  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you find it a good idea/would you like to play sutch a map?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't really care.

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,822 posts
6,109 battles

So i had this idea pop into my litle bean, 

with all the talk about maps getting stale, 

why not make a dynamic, ever changing map. 

Here is the idea, you take a map, Islands of Ice for this. 

All of the in map islands get removed (the out of map ones can stay because of scenery reasons) the islands get replaced with icebergs, some big, some small etc.

The icebergs themselves move/wander randomly around the map, but not into caps, that could cause some salt (i got pushed out of capping etc.) 

If two icebergs hit eachother they just move apart, into a new directions.

I think it would bring a everchanging map and thus make things a bit interesting. 

If a ship would bump a iceberg it would not change it's course, even get a light team damage like hp reduction, nothing serious, few hp a second. 

What do you think? 

:Smile_hiding:

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,414 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

If a ship would bump a iceberg it would not change it's course

I think it should change its course, that would be a nice tool to work with :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,822 posts
6,109 battles
12 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I think it should change its course, that would be a nice tool to work with :cap_haloween:

I can see the salt flowing if that would be a option :Smile_teethhappy:

A side effect would probably be people pushing the bergs as shield's infront of theyr ships, for DD's and CA/L's it would be a buff, but then we would see BB's playing air hockey with icebergs XD

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,414 battles

Yes, but with correct balancing, this might be possible.

Bigger icebergs are heavier and it will be very hard to change their course + a noticeable amount of damage to your ship. So they can't permanently push them, especially smaller ships with low HP.

Also adding currents to the water which will change the course of the icebergs again (and maybe the course of any ships as well?.

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

If a ship would bump a iceberg it would not change it's course, even get a light team damage like hp reduction, nothing serious, few hp a second.

That's a shame though! Imagine half of the team getting Titanic'd in the first two minutes. Matches wouldn't be any better, but at least it would be hilarious! Well, for the first three of four times...

I'd be rather delighted if they at least would bring back the old Islands of Ice and Land of Fire maps, but I guess "balance is above all!"

But if nowhere else, I hope they will go crazy with at least the scenario maps.

Beta Tester
1,822 posts
6,109 battles
6 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

That's a shame though! Imagine half of the team getting Titanic'd in the first two minutes. Matches wouldn't be any better, but at least it would be hilarious! Well, for the first three of four times...

I'd be rather delighted if they at least would bring back the old Islands of Ice and Land of Fire maps, but I guess "balance is above all!"

But if nowhere else, I hope they will go crazy with at least the scenario maps.

I didnt mean for the ships to loose mutch hp, more like 2hp per second whilst in contact with said iceberg, i dont want to get keelhauled for giving wg a idea after all :Smile_teethhappy:

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

I'm all for it, just a couple notes:

- Don't make the movement random, we don't want more RNG. Make the movement predictable, constant and equal for both sides of the map.

- Don't even think about pushing the bergs.

- As the environment is constantly changing shape, make the consequences of accidentally ramming a berg less punishing than for islands. When you run aground on an island, you're stuck for quite some time. Ramming a berg should just have your ship lose speed and skid along it.

• Cool 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles

I think we should have a map that starts in an archipelago where both teams spawns inside of a gigantic crater. The game starts in high tide and then slowly recedes as the tide goes down, leaving any large ship that is too close to the map border stranded on a coral reef which makes them an easy target for enemy guns. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

hmm, wont really affect BBs as they dont move ahead that much and BBs deserve dynamic game play too..how about this so that they don't feel neglected, an ice cap forms starting all around the boarders and creeps towards the center capturing and crushing any ship it touches :)

[SCRUB]
Players
2,722 posts
7,346 battles

Lets ask our self, if we really want RMG (random map generator) besides RNG ;)

[SCRUB]
Players
2,377 posts
7,728 battles

How about random level of water? Island can be sitting deeper in the water.... islands could be different size this way? :D

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles

I'm fine with random maps idea. But of course, the will be lots of salty complainers about maps not being balanced afterwards. Just saying... :cap_old:

BUT it would be a good idea in order to provide increased variety and in this way keep the game more interesting for longer also for those more experienced players. I mean really, playing 2 Brothers map for the UMP-Teenth time can get a little stale at times, and the same goes for any set map to be honest, it might also be a good way for WG to come up with new map ideas quickly. Have a vote after a random map game and if both teams liked it, try to make it permanent?:cap_hmm:

BUT of course,. since current random map generators generally are what they are (they tend to suck), perhaps just have a random map once every 5 games or so for starters just to see how it goes...:cap_tea:

[PORT]
Players
153 posts
7,659 battles

No reason why a random map generator couldn't create a random map that is twice as long as it is wide. The game engine then copies and mirror flips it over to make a square map that is exactly the same for both teams. Of course, you would have to make sure that the spawns are also mirrored along the same line.

Beta Tester
1,822 posts
6,109 battles

I dont know about the mirror caps/bases map, personaly i still think this kind of map would bring something new, and if the MM is a goofy as it is now by giving you the same map over and over, at least it it wouldnt be the same tipe of game since the map would change diferently from the last time :Smile_Default:

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,225 battles

So icebergs don’t really move that fast. However i would really like a map - ocean - with rain squalls which move around. Areas of very low visibility. 

Would make ocean actually fun. 

And a fog bank one. Plus it’s actually historical 

• Cool 2

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

Make the map shrink in size for the duration of the game...battle royale style...would be nice for those 27km BB pr0s.

^ would still be better than epic-fail-center

Beta Tester
1,822 posts
6,109 battles
19 minutes ago, Niibler said:

Make the map shrink in size for the duration of the game...battle royale style...would be nice for those 27km BB pr0s.

^ would still be better than epic-fail-center

Just put some TB equiped Habakuk's at the map edge, border hugging solved :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,822 posts
6,109 battles
14 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

Voted yes, since it sounds interesting. But I would like to see it first to give 'final judgement'

Well that is then in the keyboards of WG then. 

Hear that WG, start PT testing it asap.  :cap_cool:

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
31 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Well that is then in the keyboards of WG then. 

Hear that WG, start PT testing it asap.  :cap_cool:

Well, I gotta work for a few months. So I can't play. So they have a couple of months to fix it ;)

• Cool 1