Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alroby

maps

12 comments in this topic

[S03G]
Players
5 posts
11,897 battles
  • maps same maps all the time
  •  

imaging ur a sailor and had to fight the same battle all over again and again, sooooo boring

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
3 minutes ago, Alroby said:

imaging ur a sailor and had to fight the same battle all over again and again, sooooo boring

So, like... you are on sea, your enemy is on sea and between you is also the sea?

• Cool 2

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
50 minutes ago, Alroby said:
  • [...]

I.... wow...

Yes, I bet the sailors doing naval battles at the middle of the seas were bored as hell as well.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,064 posts
9,086 battles

I think there are about 30 maps in the game right now.

Never had the problem of getting bored because of playing the same maps too often.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
851 posts
5,114 battles
19 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

So, like... you are on sea, your enemy is on sea and between you is also the sea?

Maybe some islands for everyone to hide behind...

[SM0KE]
Players
2,066 posts
5,827 battles

As a matter of interest, how long does it take the average player to learn the maps in game?

I'm a newbie, so everything is (more or less) new, and I'm still working out where to go on most maps; this is in contrast to WOT, where I'm pretty familiar with all but one of the maps such that positioning etc is now almost reflex. It's rather fun playing boats during this phase, where almost everything is still new...

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles
  • rants same rants all the time
  •  

imaging ur a forumite and had to read the same rants all over again and again, sooooo boring

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles
4 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

I think there are about 30 maps in the game right now.

Never had the problem of getting bored because of playing the same maps too often.

and from 30 of them, something like 5-10 are reserved for high tier games...

And half of them are poorly executed, and are pain to play.

Long story short: WG should really do something about the maps, but "Their map designers are too ocuppied and they think maps are fine", or something along those lines.

[IRQ]
Players
2,723 posts
6,638 battles
51 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, how long does it take the average player to learn the maps in game?

The average player learns where the borders are and how to head for them fairly quickly.

Slightly more competent players learn it depending on class. Destroyers and cruisers with floaty guns tend to learn the islands better, since they're more reliant on them. Battleships mostly don't care that much. Carriers don't care at all. It doesn't really take that long to learn a map. Just play it a few times to get the basics down, and some ten to twenty times more to figure out some intermediate and advanced strategies. It depends on what detail you're talking about.

A perhaps more relevant question is how fast the average player learns how to use islands in a more general sense, and that depends entirely on the player. If you're competent enough to ask a question about it on the forums, you're probably not going to take that long. Compared to WoT there's more dynamic positioning, and static gameplay only really sets in on some top tier games.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this