8 comments in this topic

Question

[GNG]
Players
73 posts
7,181 battles

Well this screenshot shows my problem causing my system to restart most of the times i try to play. It happens only while at port. Entering the battle the gpu usage decreases to 70-80%. It began about one month ago.

It is very weird that the problem appears only while i'm at port.

My video card is a Nvidia gtx 750. Tried several drivers, did a fresh game install, formated and installed win 10 again. Problem still there 

Untitled.jpg

7 answers to this question

[GNG]
Players
73 posts
7,181 battles

Update
Unplugged the cable from the graphics card, plugged in to the onboard card, started the game and the gpu usage decreased to 70-80% (which is normal considering the weakness of the onboard graphic adapter)

[5-OCB]
[5-OCB]
Players
1 post

in device manager disable onboard video, then install driver 21.21.13.7563 for your gtx card

Capture.JPG

Edited by chug_morris
added pic.

[FAD]
Players
86 posts

it is also you have many programs open when you start the game please do not have so many programs open because GPU has many things to do but also try to install the latest driver of your card

[ZEFIX]
Beta Tester
396 posts
1,137 battles

As far as I know it is relatively normal to have higher GPU load/less FPS in port than in battle. Simply because the ports are very detailed and busy (at least some of them). Maybe there has been an update two months ago that made some changes to graphics quality or load. But, generally speaking, who cares about the GPU load as long as the performance is okay to you?

Also one has to consider, that your GPU is rather weak, so maybe reducing graphics quality would be an option if the amount of FPS you get in the port annoys you.

[OMNI]
Players
97 posts
11,985 battles

well there are 2 possibilities.

1) You need to clean install the drivers when you rollback ( meaning uninstall(makesure everything is removed)->restart->install->restart). Yes 2 restarts

If it was a driver issue that didnt existed before. I dont know which one though might be a good point to rollback.

Then if it didnt work, play with the quality settings from nvidia control panel (im on AMD cards right now so i cant offer you much advice) but start first with balanced settings, and then performance (then check quality). Make sure you dont override ingame settings (you can set that up for a specific game or all games overall)). It should look like those http://forums.redbana.com/forum/audition/audition-discussions/technical-support/2967838-guide-nvidia-performance-quality-settings-2015-edition

2) Then you might want to check up with the motherboard (from the bios or the jumpers (some have them that change the way it gives priority to which card. The PCIe or the onboard)). Usually it's rare but there might be a case that onboard card kinda has a load where it shouldnt. Only THEN when you see u didnt have 100% load you can start overriding 1by1 to find the culprit

If all fail, run the game in fullscreen (not borderless). You could probably tell from the fan sound if its 100% load

or lowering ingame settings. (Anti-aliasing for example)