Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G01ngToxicCommand0

Remove Tears of the desert from the game

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

Wargaming remove the Tears Of The Desert map in all its variations from the game because it is the worst map in the game with the campiest gameplay of all the maps, bar Ocean perhaps. which 90%+ of the playerbase simply can not understand or adjust to playing.

The map is 100% frustration and if you insist on keeping it in the game it can only be that you want your players to be frustrated and angry.

Remove the map now!

Edited by Nohe21
*Thread title edited due to non constructive.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
2,632 battles

Yea, good luck. You'll need it when you word it like this.

Maybe try to word it as a request next time, assuming there even will be a next time?

Beta Tester
516 posts
4,160 battles

+1

That map is just the worst. And in Epicenter mode it is unbearable. I hate it. I HATE IT!

I don't think I've ever had a game on that rancid disease of a map that I went out of feeling 'yeah, this was an enjoyable match'. Not. Ever.

And no, I think his wording is just fine. There have been polite 'requests' to remove this insufferable map for ages now. I fully endorse the baby gloves coming off.

Players
5,638 posts

Tears of desert is fine. Shards is a problem because random players can't handle this map. You can see so often the same stupid tactic:

8fvf4xft.jpg

c810bb-1484229015.jpg

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,140 posts
10,930 battles
2 hours ago, darky_fighter said:

Tears of desert is fine. Shards is a problem because random players can't handle this map. You can see so often the same stupid tactic:

8fvf4xft.jpg

c810bb-1484229015.jpg

People can suck on every single map and it's not possible to make a map preventing people from sucking. Shards can also be really satisfying, though - TotD can't. TotD is a map that actively rewards camping and discourages any sort of offensive play, meaning that victory generally goes to the team more proficient in camping (that is, one that is capable of resisting the urge to do something while also positioning in a way to effectively punish any enemy that tries to do something or takes too open of a position). And while it's still the matter of skill, the gameplay itself the epitome of the static, campy gameplay people generally dislike. It's THE map where even two skilled teams produce a bad game, because it ends up a campfest due to inherent advantage this map offers to good defense over good push. To have a good, enjoyable match out of this map, you generally need both teams making bad decisions, or one team doing a bad decision (pushing) while the other being incompetent enough to not be able to punish this big mistake.

And don't get me started on how inherently frustrating the DD play is on Epicenter version of this map, where you can neither push (because you'd be in a shooting range with Radar ships hidden behind islands) nor retreat (because the enemy has some poor sod sitting at their edge of the middle cap too). Basically, more often than not, you're forced to sit there and waste half the game unable to do anything other than just preventing the enemy team from gaining easy point advantage...

• Cool 4

Players
2,417 posts
14,588 battles
9 hours ago, darky_fighter said:

c810bb-1484229015.jpg

I like Shards as a DD, but what you pointed out happens way too often.

9 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Tears Of The Desert

Tears Of The Desert Epicenter  :Smile-angry:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Necro this topic in a year's time, WG won't be changing *Edited

Tears needs to be 25% smaller to be approaching viable.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[LOOM]
[LOOM]
Players
443 posts
19,514 battles

No the map is fine as it is (Wg would probaly say so ) .We all have to "git gud "and play it like the creator of this map had in mind .

The Camping is a problem you cant solve . Cause for solving it you must Change the natural behavior of players . And most of our Player base ,dont get me wrong . Are just lttle afraid chickens thrieving on the fact they can shoot you but you cant shoot them .Or why do you think Ozean is hated cause there are no hiding spots .Only water and ther you must show if you know where to put your ship in pos and how to shot while they shot  you .

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,813 battles

Sorry to say i like Tears of the Cruisers in Epicentre,,,,,,most enemy BB will camp behind islands, most enemy DD will rush to middle and most CA will stay at back. While there are exceptions it is easier to predict where the enemy will be and that knowledge can be exploited by those with the stones to do so. Had some really good games and success. Let them camp and then punish them for it !

[NWP]
Players
3,956 posts
6,034 battles

For me as a Cruiser player i hate Standard battle on Tears of the Cruisers the most... Epicenter is not that bad imo, but Domination is my favorite if i have to pick one.

The team which gets nervous first usually loses. Had a DM once on epicenter who thought it was a smart idea to rush the center... Died within the first 2 mins i think. Was pretty much downhill from there.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

I love Shards, and I kinda like ToD, its hard to play, high risk high rewards:

I drop 2 videos, one from each spawn, both with DM:

North spawn, domination. Play with DDs to get close and hug islands ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZI-jhsLQ4&t=2s

South spawn, standard, they heavy camped, so we just got into their islands and :cap_rambo: (Got pretty salty at the DD who torped me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aYuJdcNu0

Yes I know, those are not my average games, but its whats I try to do, and sometimes it works (Some others I get rekt in the open)

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Why remove something if you can rework it?

Not very constructive...

Why do you need them to rework it? We all know what happens with that. The maps just get even worse with every rework, look at Islands of Ice.

We can skip that step and just remove the map or make Ocean's 10% chance of appearing to 5% to fit Tears of the Desert as it is in the other 5%.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,939 posts
14,120 battles
9 hours ago, darky_fighter said:

Shards is a problem because random players can't handle this map

Shards is fine. Potatoes are the problem...

South team going for A is utterly stupid, but 90% of the time the "team" still goes for A and ignores C...

10 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Wargaming remove the Tears Of The Desert map

Nah.. don't remove it. Just put Ocean in it's place... I'd LOVE to see Epeencenter on Ocean at T8+ (when I play a DD of course...)

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
1 hour ago, SmartassNoob said:

Why not instead demand the adding of a lot of additional islands into the middle?

Because then it would need a name change, the "Tears" of it's title is ours :cap_book:

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
7 hours ago, eliastion said:

And don't get me started on how inherently frustrating the DD play is on Epicenter version of this map

I find destroyer play on that map to be what's actually interesting. It's horrible for cruisers, and plain dull for battleships.

1 hour ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Why do you need them to rework it? We all know what happens with that. The maps just get even worse with every rework, look at Islands of Ice.

We can skip that step and just remove the map or make Ocean's 10% chance of appearing to 5% to fit Tears of the Desert as it is in the other 5%.

I have bad luck. I've gotten Ocean maybe once the past year. It's a much better map than Tears of the Cruisers, Mountain Range, or North.

[CATS]
Players
15,337 posts
11,032 battles
1 hour ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Reworks aren't either 90% of the time...

Apart from you pulling that number out of your behind, that would still be a 10% chance of improvement.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Apart from you pulling that number out of your behind, that would still be a 10% chance of improvement.

And a 90% chance of something worse than Tears of the Cruisers. Now, stop for a bit and imagine what that map would look like. Just don't look at me; I'm stumped.