Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tatsfield

How are team damage penalties calculated

4 comments in this topic

[EDAR]
Players
63 posts
7,333 battles

I notice that when a numpty sails straight into me an announcement is made saying he's received a warning but at the end of the game I find that I have incurred a penalty.  If the game penalises both parties in collisions, how does it apportion blame or if someone rams me,  do we both get the same penalty regardless of whose fault the collision is?  This seems a little unfair as obeying the rules of the sea in the face of half conscious captains in other vessels does you no good at all.  You might as well turn into the offender and ram him.  The number of times I've been forced to take evasive action and suffered enemy action as I was out of place and exposed to fire that I would have avoided had I not had to take evasive action against one of my own team.  And if he hits me into the bargain, I get a team damage penalty! :-(  Or have I got it wrong and the game is so intelligent that it attributes fractional blame in all collisions?

Players
915 posts
11,130 battles

It's insignificant. You need to pass a ~10k citadel hit through some guy to get the beloved pink nametag - at lower tiers, often several torpedo hits are not enough for that. Compared to that, how much damage does a collision do, 10-50 HP?

While ramming your allies all day everyday is rather unprofessional, I'd recommend that don't put so much emphasis on it. It's just like strafing down someone's floatplane. Falls into the category of "oops".

[NWP]
Players
6,553 posts
7,482 battles

Both players get the same penalty. For him it says the opposite as for u.

The game cant decide who is at fault. Is someone at fault who hits him bow on in his broaside? But what if its a DD ramming a BB like that? the DD has much more time to react because he is faster and can turn quick, while the BB is sluggish and possibly couldnt evade him at all.

Avoiding a Ram but showing the opponent my juicy broadside is a bad thing, rather take the collision, it hurts your team less.

But f.e.:

Ramming RN CLs out of their own smoke however is one of the worst moves u can do, and they are rightfully pissed when u do that to them.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Ramming RN CLs out of their own smoke however is one of the worst moves u can do, and they are rightfully pissed when u do that to them.

Or ramming anyone into incoming torpedoes - I've seen situations where people died because a bigger ship pushed them into torps. In fact, I've once got a double kill because two enemies tried to hide behind each other and ended up ramming themselves and eating together all but one torp of my 10-torp spread. Was hilarious.

Sign in to follow this