Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Thracen

Fix IJN dds ?

6 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
384 posts
5,349 battles

So, I think IJN dds are bad and wargaming should feel bad. Since their introduction, nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs. RPF, radar introduced, more hydro, extra special german hydro, BB hydro, DD hydro, Royal navy cruisers, BB radar in a missouri, DD radar in the new Pan Asian line and HE main ammo bbs, with cruiser detection. I'm sure those more experienced players could list more. Coming next is a revitalisation of CVs the hardest of hard counters to a torp boat.

They are at the their very best inconsistent and at their worst, useless and have no unique play style or flavour.

Am I wrong? If so why? What points have I missed? What changes would you suggest to fix the IJN dd if you agree, what do we think the Pan Asians will bring to the the issue?

For the moment I'm abandoning the line at the yugumo.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles

you just listen everything that is bad for every dd. not only ijn ones tho the only thing i really find worse with ijn boats is that u can not  stay in the battle and do damage at once,

you cant fight other dds effectively. and bbs these days INSta turn and run to spawn when they get detected. and ofc cruisers either suicide in or hide.

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,319 battles

They do have the flavor of being absolutely worthless in any match with competent enemy CV(s). Particularly if you use their unique consumable. And given that in mid-tiers you can have two CVs per side, I wouldn't even bother with those tiers. I'm sure it's a better situation in the higher tiers except, oh wait, that's where you get BBs with hydro or radar and soon DDs with radar.

I really do think the high-tier PA DDs will be better at stealth torping, especially Chung Mu, leaving IJN with no real advantage. Yeah, they can launch more often (only with TRB) but they rely on walls while PA have a much better chance of hitting with a single launcher just by the sheer stealth of their torps. They'll be better for staggering launches to maximize chance of a flooding that sticks. Vigilance and Target Acquisition will be less useful against their torps because it's a much smaller detection range to begin with. And they won't be completely worthless when spotted by planes or radar - their own radar is still useable when spotted, unlike TRB.

Sign in to follow this