Sign in to follow this  
Zhukov011

The Ocean ...a huge open space

7 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts
1,008 battles

I am wondering if it is possible to create a huge map without any landmass.

A map that is so big that the size of it is the hide behind obstacle itself.

Just like in the real world  WW-2 Naval battles sometimes were like looking for a needle in a haystack

This map should have larger time limits offcourse.

But it will make for an interesting challenge for the more interested simulation style player.

Also i wonder if ti is possible to have the enviroment of the sea  (Wave height , wind etc) have impact on the ballistics and visibillity.

I think WoW should have a seperate section of "simulation level" of difficulty.

Were you have an hour limit to find and engage the enemy in open sea conditions with scout planes  and CV have bigger roles to play.

Were you have to stick to each other to provide air cover.

The game i guess was never meant to be a Simulation level experience.

But it has soo much potential

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,627 battles

If that happens, 2 opposing teams will never meet each other as everyone will still rape borders...And the existing Ocean map is the most hated map, because its the only realistic map in the game and there are no islands to hug.

8 hours ago, Zhukov011 said:

The game i guess was never meant to be a Simulation level experience.

But it has soo much potential

-Yes, it was never meant to be a simulation.

-Correction, it had potential on launch, huge one too, as it was the first of its kind. Things started to change mid 0.4-0.5 patches, WG wasted it by turning this game into 'game of premiums' to milk the community, instead of fixing ingame issues and adjusting mechanics, they pump premium ships, when they do decide to change something, they use a hammer, and instead of a thought trough fix, they blindly readjust/change something that either needed some little tweak or didnt need to be changed at all ignoring real problems.

Dev. dont play this game, and have no idea of its issues, biggest downfall.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,584 battles

There was an ocean map. Only water, no landmases. It was a quite fun map to play (seriously). Unfortunately seems WG removed it.

Players
918 posts
7,180 battles

It was fun in a game without carriers and without gimmick lines, but it didn't work too well once they'd introduced too many ships capable of one-shotting a cruiser from the other side of the map. That's not fun.

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,033 battles

I have played in ocean a few times here and there. Even on pts i just got to play in it. From overall experience I prefer it over Okinawa and atlantic. Those maps have caps behind one huge island and people tend to get stuck there and not do anything in the match. Ocean usually plays pretty funny since it's such a rare sight.

Sign in to follow this