Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Rare random games that I enjoy

13 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
3,457 posts
9,340 battles

I am not a great player, more like an slightly above average  potato.

Lately I have had a hard time finding any enjoyment in my games.

Mostly its just frustration after frustration, either from your team, MM or RNG.

But what bugged me the most is the lack of satisfaction in random games.

Most of the times my team potatoes ... or the enemy team potatoes and the game ends prematurely. Literally ... you are shooting an enemy wanting to kill him and the game ends. BAM. 1000 points. Time out.

I feel like some1 interrupted my coitus. My buddies from SCRUBS can confirm this as I usually salute the ending with a big MEH.

What I realized is that I enjoy only games, where my team struggles at the beginning (not too long tho, so the time does not run out) and so the enemy gains a nice point advantage.

Then some magic has to happen, where my team for instance breaks enemy flank. 

With enemy having a healthy point advantage I am not robbed of the satisfaction to utterly FINNISH them without the stupid timer or 1000 points cap interrupt me.

This are the rare occasions where I truly enjoy this game. How about you?

• Cool 6

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

Those one-sided games are awfully boring to me.

I prefer any close game - win or loss - over an overwhelming victory.

Another pain in my stern is someone capping the enemy base in a standard battle, when there is no need for it.

Sometimes I wish I could reset their cap myself... :fish_haloween:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
6,873 posts
7,662 battles

Yup, sounds about right.

Sometimes u have a match your team gets roflstomped, and u wonder, how the hell did that happen so quick?

Then u go to the next game and the enemy team gets roflstomped and u wonder again about the same thing...

Having a good game and win it seems to be happen less often. Having a good game but it was already lost isnt satisfying either...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,873 posts
7,662 battles
17 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Another pain in my stern is someone capping the enemy base in a standard battle, when there is no need for it.

Sometimes I wish I could reset their cap myself... :fish_haloween:

Yes please id love that too. I actually tried that one time with Friendly Fire:cap_haloween:

The worse example what ive seen is DDs hugging the border going to the enemy spawn and capping it while basicly there were only 4 ships sunk. Unfurtunately the enemy Team didnt really care. Could a match make even less fun than that??

Also one reason i hate standard battle.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

DDs hugging the border going to the enemy spawn and capping it while basicly there were only 4 ships sunk. Unfurtunately the enemy Team didnt really care.

Said destroyer must've gotten tons of base experience! :fish_palm:

Beta Tester
2,099 posts
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Lately I have had a hard time finding any enjoyment in my games.

Mostly its just frustration after frustration, either from your team, MM or RNG.

But what bugged me the most is the lack of satisfaction in random games.

Most of the times my team potatoes ... or the enemy team potatoes and the game ends prematurely. Literally ... you are shooting an enemy wanting to kill him and the game ends. BAM. 1000 points. Time out.

I feel like some1 interrupted my coitus. My buddies from SCRUBS can confirm this as I usually salute the ending with a big MEH.

What I realized is that I enjoy only games, where my team struggles at the beginning (not too long tho, so the time does not run out) and so the enemy gains a nice point advantage.

Then some magic has to happen, where my team for instance breaks enemy flank. 

With enemy having a healthy point advantage I am not robbed of the satisfaction to utterly FINNISH them without the stupid timer or 1000 points cap interrupt me.

This are the rare occasions where I truly enjoy this game. How about you?

Indeed, the best games are those that are challenging and gives a sensation of performing a valuable contribution to the team effort whether one wins or loses.

Alas Wargaming is not interested in players having that kind of satisfaction and enjoyment as that company adhere to the gambling industry's use of gambling psychology to generate revenue.

That requires players to experience an emotional rollercoaster caused by game experience extremes with ultrahigh frustration in the shape of massive losing streaks, insane RNG etc. etc. as one extreme and the sensation of being ultra lucky or invincible in the shape of ROFL stomps and winning streaks as the other extreme. The effect of players being subjected to emotional extremes makes them more succeptible to spending money simply because it degrades the ability to think and behave rationally, which is also why Wargaming's games has so much toxic behabviour, thus the inhibitions that would have prevented a player from spending money on the product are reduced or gone completely.

Having a good game experience, as you describe it and I concur with, is simply counterproductive to Wargaming's business model as players that have such experiences do not spend so much time playing because they get emotionally satisfied after a few games thus the urge and motivation to spend money is reduced which means less revenue.

Wargaming could change the business model to fit the latter but that will require a complete overhaul of WoWS which is why it is inprobable it will happen.:cap_tea:

• Cool 2

Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles
12 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Having a good game experience, as you describe it and I concur with, is simply counterproductive to Wargaming's business model as players that have such experiences do not spend so much time playing because they get emotionally satisfied after a few games thus the urge and motivation to spend money is reduced which means less revenue.

Wargaming could change the business model to fit the latter but that will require a complete overhaul of WoWS which is why it is inprobable it will happen.:cap_tea:

It works both ways, methinks. Having miserable losing streaks only leads me to quit the game and play fewer battles. Also, I never ever buy the ultra powerful flags and camos (only bought the V.E. pack as it was a good deal) because I feel I'd be too much frustrated if I wasted them in cr@p games. I surely would buy even more premium content if I had more influence on the match outcome, instead of it being mainly decided by which side has fewer noobs; that's why I only equip the few premium goodies where I can make a difference, in Operations or when divisioning.

To put it short, I don't believe there's a conscious WG policy to make our game experience worse than it could be. There are OTOH questionable marketing choices that lower the gameplay standard, such as immediate access to top tiers by newbies purchasing premium ships. But assuming there are hidden skill MM mechanics to keep us unsatisfied is going a bit too far IMHO. The grind is what makes the player purchase premium content, not the frustration.

Beta Tester
2,099 posts
54 minutes ago, Cosseria said:

It works both ways, methinks. Having miserable losing streaks only leads me to quit the game and play fewer battles. Also, I never ever buy the ultra powerful flags and camos (only bought the V.E. pack as it was a good deal) because I feel I'd be too much frustrated if I wasted them in cr@p games. I surely would buy even more premium content if I had more influence on the match outcome, instead of it being mainly decided by which side has fewer noobs; that's why I only equip the few premium goodies where I can make a difference, in Operations or when divisioning.

To put it short, I don't believe there's a conscious WG policy to make our game experience worse than it could be. There are OTOH questionable marketing choices that lower the gameplay standard, such as immediate access to top tiers by newbies purchasing premium ships. But assuming there are hidden skill MM mechanics to keep us unsatisfied is going a bit too far IMHO. The grind is what makes the player purchase premium content, not the frustration.

It is the prevaiiling business model when it comes to the F2P games industry and Wargaming is neither better nor worse in that regard compared to the rest of the industry.

It is a business model/concept that has proven its worth thus from a business perspective, which tend to be conservative, you work with the concepts that is proven to work rather than risking trying out untested and untried concepts.

The key trick is to make the game the right amount of frustrating and there are research done by the F2P industry which is used to create the best possible conditons for that to work.

Make no mistake in believing that it is not deliberate, it is, otherwise Wargaming would be a company without an overall vision, mission and business strategy which without those the company could not be the succes it is.

*EDIT* There need not be rigged MM or RNG for the business model to work, it is possible to do so but it is not necessary due to the non ranked/skill based matchmaker which ensures a chaotic and non deterministic game experience from the players' point of view. I do not believe Wargaming rigs the game though.

Players
4,788 posts
8,521 battles

@nambr9 Welcome to the club.. Ive been having less and less fun and find myself more and more in the forum. But its futile also, since everything you write here, trying to improve the game, falls on deaf ears. Im for one done putting any money in this game, cuz I know it wont enhance my gaming experiance. Ill still be having stupid teammates, stupid enemys, useless CVs on my side ... list goes on... wether im in the most OP premium, wheater I have all the flags and camos equiped or not.

1 hour ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Exactly this. Once you realize it, and understand, thats pretty much going on around us, it spoils the last fun out of the game. Prolly better to spend 50€ on a "real" game and having fun, then constantly doing micro-payments (which will sooner or later go way beyond the 50 €, or in case of a high tier premium are anything else then micro) and have a feeling, you are waisting your time.

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,348 posts
7,745 battles

yup totaly agree  those games are boring as [edited]. normaly i would rather win a game ofc. but i would not mind losing if the game was actualy interesting or close.

as winning like this is pretty boring and it seems to happen more and more.

The annoying thing is in a lot of games ppl actualy say GG  as well even tho nothing happend AT all. 

Players
14 posts

Seems like only few believe yet, that "Random battles" have anything common with any meaning of random :)

People leaving when they start to notice that WG is not a games developer and their para game software just trying to pretend to be a game with clear rules and fair gameplay environment.

Players
2,660 posts
On 11/17/2017 at 0:06 PM, nambr9 said:

I think you will find yourself at least in the top 10% of players nambr9, the average player in this game is probably a hell of a lot lower than you think. :Smile_Default:

Players
2,205 posts
13,429 battles
On 17/11/2017 at 1:47 PM, DFens_666 said:

Yes please id love that too. I actually tried that one time with Friendly Fire:cap_haloween:

The worse example what ive seen is DDs hugging the border going to the enemy spawn and capping it while basicly there were only 4 ships sunk. Unfurtunately the enemy Team didnt really care. Could a match make even less fun than that??

Also one reason i hate standard battle.

Have seen, approved or done this multiple times when the 12 man lemming trains get rolling and nobody is willing to fight the enemy.

At least get a victory and move on since the current crop of fruits are obviously not interested in fighting any battle.

Sign in to follow this