You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kfa

T10 downgrades

82 comments in this topic

Lord_WC   
On 2017. 11. 17. at 11:24 AM, kfa said:

arguably better torps (in regards of reaction time)

Am I the only one bothered by this? Both torps go with 66kn and have 1.4 km detection range, so their reaction time is exactly the same. The difference is with Gearing you have the luxury of +6 km range, so you can take torpedo acceleration (and having better reaction time than the Fletcher while still retaining the ability to torp out of radar range), or leave it as is for those lol CV hits.

Fletcher is a good ship for people that don't know what to do with their captain and spec it as a regular jack of all trades captain.

Gearing is a much better ship if you decide what you want to do with it and spec the captain accordingly. With proper captain builds it's a much better torpedo boat or gunboat than the Fletcher will ever be.

32 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

With proper captain builds it's a much better torpedo boat or gunboat than the Fletcher will ever be.

I have to disagree.

It's either 6 km more range or 2.7 km more range and 5 kn versus 6% more damage each torpedo, 7% higher chance of flooding and at least 23 s less reload.

It lays of course in the eye of the beholder what matters more, but I just can't see one ship being "a much better torpedo boat" than the other.

• Cool 1

Lord_WC   
6 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

I have to disagree.

It's either 6 km more range or 2.7 km more range and 5 kn versus 1,133 more damage each torpedo and at least 23 s less reload.

It lays of course in the eye of the beholder what matters more, but I just can't see one ship being "a much better torpedo boat" than the other.

Longer effective torpedo range and faster torpedoes lets you drop from further away taking less risks. They also mean that more people are in drop range for you in any given time which eases the handicap of longer reload a bit (you can more fluidly string up targets one after the other, and there's less downtime).

7 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

Longer effective torpedo range and faster torpedoes lets you drop from further away taking less risks. They also mean that more people are in drop range for you in any given time which eases the handicap of longer reload a bit (you can more fluidly string up targets one after the other, and there's less downtime).

Like I said, I think it's a matter of preference/playstyle. I have no problems finding targets when I'm in Fletcher or Z-52 since I like being somewhere between seven and ten kilometres away from the enemies. 

blanc091   
On 11/19/2017 at 1:19 AM, El2aZeR said:

Gearing is a dedicated knife fighter. When spec'd for it she is the single most deadly close quarters DD period.

Ahem.. I usually win 1v1 vs a Gearing in my Akizuki.

El2aZeR   
1 minute ago, blanc091 said:

Ahem.. I usually win 1v1 vs a Gearing in my Akizuki.

Funny, I usually win against an Akizuki in my Gearing. Without even losing much of my HP.

Unless you give Akizuki the opportunity to punish you with AP you're gonna win the fight.

• Cool 1

blanc091   
Just now, El2aZeR said:

Funny, I usually win against an Akizuki in my Gearing. Without even losing much of my HP.

Unless you give Akizuki the opportunity to punish you with AP you're gonna win the fight.

Well that's not to say that I'm full HP after the fight, but with the right capt specs and upgrades, I really have no problem with a Gearing. Actually vs any dd.