lobuzjeden

Clan Wars Detonation

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

Detonation on Clan Wars   115 members have voted

1. 1. Detonation on Clan Wars should be removed:

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I want to ask about your opinion on Clan Wars detonation mechanic. Last 2 days I had 2 detonations on CW, and losing of 1 ship on start of battle it's loss of battle in most cases in top league.

I fully understand that this game is F2P and Wargaming had to "support" lower skill players so they can do something sometimes and get frag, but CW is the only one competitive mode in game where team skills are similiar - why we have detonation here?
The second thing is that players cannot get detonation flags in any reasonable way, they can either buy them for RL cash (p2w anyone?) or swim around 10h on random and hope for detonation. IMO it looks like I had to pay cash to wargaming, or I will lose sometimes battles in CW for my clan, that's not fair rules:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingElegantSnoodNononoCat

Maybe community managers will send feedback higher after we will have a lot of votes in poll. 

edit: btw. you don't get ANY anti-detonation flag from detonation on CW, because there is no achievement. So u can detonate every battle:D

3 people like this

Hi all,

The very last thing I ask my teammamtes in the ClanWars before we enter the battle is: "Do we all have the AntiDetonation flag mounted?"

Only if the answer is "Yes" we all enter the battle...

Leo "Apollo11"

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

The very last thing I ask my teammamtes in the ClanWars before we enter the battle is: "Do we all have the AntiDetonation flag mounted?"

Leo "Apollo11"

And what if someone doesnt have any? You dont play or is he not allowed in team battles until he blows up in randoms?

5 people like this

6 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

And what if u don't have flags because u used all before? I play DDs mainly so anti-detonation flags are in use all the time. So I need to pay money to have fair chances in COMPETITIVE mode? 

42 minutes ago, lobuzjeden said:

Hello everyone,

I want to ask about your opinion on Clan Wars detonation mechanic. Last 2 days I had 2 detonations on CW, and losing of 1 ship on start of battle it's loss of battle in most cases in top league.

I fully understand that this game is F2P and Wargaming had to "support" lower skill players so they can do something sometimes and get frag, but CW is the only one competitive mode in game where team skills are similiar - why we have detonation here?
The second thing is that players cannot get detonation flags in any reasonable way, they can either buy them for RL cash (p2w anyone?) or swim around 10h on random and hope for detonation. IMO it looks like I had to pay cash to wargaming, or I will lose sometimes battles in CW for my clan, that's not fair rules:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingElegantSnoodNononoCat

Maybe community managers will send feedback higher after we will have a lot of votes in poll. 

edit: btw. you don't get ANY anti-detonation flag from detonation on CW, because there is no achievement. So u can detonate every battle:D

Oh detonations in any form of competetive is stupid and showcases really well how dumb the whole mechanic is? Tell me more.... :cap_tea:

There are threads on this for ages (don't get me wrong i am on the "remove this sh*t mechanic" side) and WG never cared so why should they now?

Because it is competetive? Ranked isn't then?

Also please show me where you can actualy buy Juliet Charlie (no the Bundles where you get "some" extra to the mountain of other signals you actualy bought doesn't count).

3 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Jeah because we tested what happens when we go "Oh what's the worst that could happen?" right? :cap_haloween: Science!

Just now, lobuzjeden said:

And what if u don't have flags because u used all before? I play DDs mainly so anti-detonation flags are in use all the time. So I need to pay money to have fair chances in COMPETITIVE mode? 

You install the -70% module and pray to RNGesus. Though to be fair you get 6 per day on 3 wins.....

2 minutes ago, lobuzjeden said:

Yeah you can buy a 30 euro package to get 20 or a 50 euro flag package to get 50.

Free to play!

1 person likes this

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, kfa said:

And what if someone doesnt have any? You dont play or is he not allowed in team battles until he blows up in randoms?

5 minutes ago, lobuzjeden said:

It never ever happened that someone didn't have the AntiDetonation flag... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

Are you suggesting that playing CW puts you into some kind of special 'club'?

Changing even ONE rule from those found in the regular games makes a mockery of the very idea that your clan are really good at WoW, doesn't it? What you are saying is you want a watered down version of game. 

Go prepared with flags, simple.

6 people like this

12 minutes ago, lobuzjeden said:

Don't use them in Random Battles but save them for Ranked / Clan Battles?

I have ~700 anti-Detonation flags...

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Changing even ONE rule

Amount of BBs and CVs isn't set by rules?

I just don't get why WG are sticking to a game-mechanic the majority dislikes.

They should remove it from any mode. There is already enough RNG in this game without detonations.

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, kfa said:

When you get them don't waist them... Keep them for ranked and clan battles.

35 minutes ago, lobuzjeden said:

I only use the anti-detonation flag in high tier battles (I don't want to ruin my high tier stats because of this sh.it) and I farm these flags in mid-tier battles (+ daily containers). So make priorities.

Dont equip fire and flood chance flags and anti det isnt an issue. You lose ~1% fire chance and some flood chance also theres module that reduces detonation chance.

But if you wasted them on randoms, not really problem for others is it?

You get deto flag on every game you win in CW.

14 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

If you don't win more often than three times per evening, that's true.

19 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Dont equip fire and flood chance flags and anti det isnt an issue. You lose ~1% fire chance and some flood chance also theres module that reduces detonation chance.

But if you wasted them on randoms, not really problem for others is it?

Not every win. Only 3 first wins. And this is only 6 flags. Every sesion is around 10-12 battles. 

Module doesn't work, I blowed yeasterday on my Chaba with module, on random battle. Another thing with module is that, my Gearing lost torpedo tubes after first shot from enemy DD. And it was happen on CW. Just great, i could only be spoter.

No, use flags or equip mods for it. It's an setup problem you decide upon so think before you setup your ship. the chance of detonation isn't 100% but rather small. While i get detonations (not that many) in Destroyers it's tht ones in BB which does me cry out...

Problems players have an super setup which isn't compatible wiht anti dentions ones. This is the real problem of those min-max players.

I voted "No".

One simply does not remove fun and engaging game mechanics from the game, in any mode.

Yep. Its like saying: "Hey. I know we play cheess here, but what if we remove king or queen randomly? Such fun huh? Its not like equaling players skill. Its more like "Lets turn this game into sh*t for one player randomly, just like that".

1 person likes this

Maybe flying the no detonation signal would be a good idea in such an important battle.   Save them for CW.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Maybe flying the no detonation signal would be a good idea in such an important battle.   Save them for CW.

So I need to play 10h randoms with hope that I will get detonation and flags, or pay 20/50 euro for flags pack? Heh, ideal client for new Battlefront;p

1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

I just don't get why WG are sticking to a game-mechanic the majority dislikes.

The majority don't like their ship on fire, getting citadeled, torped etc, etc.  :cap_tea:

2 people like this

I never use anti-detonation flags for random games. I save them all up for ranked / CB.

And since CB is important enough to you to get annoyed by detonations, why don't you save up, too?

Not that I like detonations any more than you do, but I just can't follow your logic there.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

The majority don't like their ship on fire, getting citadeled, torped etc, etc.  :cap_tea:

Just mount the "anti citadel flag", right?

All these things can be avoided more or less by skill and awareness.

Not only by a module and a signal flag.

Also I think there's no one who doesn't like hitting the citadel of other ships. 

13 minutes ago, lobuzjeden said:

So I need to play 10h randoms with hope that I will get detonation and flags, or pay 20/50 euro for flags pack? Heh, ideal client for new Battlefront;p

Or you could just save them for CW instead of wasting them at random battles.

1 person likes this