You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Filthy_Scrublord

The fun and engaging game mechanic

62 comments in this topic

That one game mechanic that ALWAYS frustrates the hell out of me?? Detonation! Well today it happened, and it was a real kick in the balls too. Happily closing in on a Hiryu in my Kamikaze R, when a single secondary shell from the Hiryu detonated me!! I mean come on WG...really?. I couldn't do anything but stare at the screen, then after it sank in(pardon the pun), I simply exited the battle and then the game.

I`ve had my wrist slapped before for commenting on WG employees making dubious design choices etc.......but this just utter B******S!!!! When I detonate other players I apologise to them because I hate it when it happens to me.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Cool 1

El2aZeR   

According to the newest Q&A detonations are being reevaluated.

Don't expect any quick changes, though.

• Cool 1

Did the shell at least hit you? Or was it a "near" miss?

+1 for the apologies, even when I detonate a low health DD I apologize. Just because.

Hardocky   

Juliet Charlie Flag: -100% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonating.

Next time, search before yelling for nothing

• Cool 2

First Arizona battle in a loooong time. Second hit received = detonation.

Thanks for the flags and onto the next battle.

Which was great! :D

• Cool 2

3 hours ago, Hardocky said:

:cap_old:

5 hours ago, Dirty_Filthy_Scrublord said:

When I detonate other players I apologise to them because I hate it when it happens to me.

Same here.

I'm quite sure the amount of people who hate it/don't care is much greater than the amount of people who like it.

So I don't get why WG are sticking to that mechanic.

1 hour ago, veslingr said:

I like detonation. 

Please feel free to detonate in my matches if you are on the enemy team. ^^

• Cool 1

Miessa3   
5 hours ago, Dirty_Filthy_Scrublord said:

That one game mechanic that ALWAYS frustrates the hell out of me?? Detonation! Well today it happened, and it was a real kick in the balls too. Happily closing in on a Hiryu in my Kamikaze R, when a single secondary shell from the Hiryu detonated me!! I mean come on WG...really?. I couldn't do anything but stare at the screen, then after it sank in(pardon the pun), I simply exited the battle and then the game.

I`ve had my wrist slapped before for commenting on WG employees making dubious design choices etc.......but this just utter B******S!!!! When I detonate other players I apologise to them because I hate it when it happens to me.

Well rant over, let the trolls have their fun with the usual comments......couldn't give two s***s. Oh and WG, go ahead and batter me with the naughty bat.....again. Not bothered if you do.

Jeah detonations are a stupid gamemechanic but this is nothing new. There are threads to this topic without end.

Oh and inb4 closing this thread and you getting a warning/ban for not being constructive/interested in diskussion. (last sentence) :Smile_teethhappy:

9 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Oh and inb4 closing this thread and you getting a warning/ban for not being constructive/interested in diskussion. (last sentence) :Smile_teethhappy:

Maybe there should be a chance of nothing happening if a moderator clicks on the button for closing a thread.

Why is there no RNG in this forum?

• Cool 1

Jaylah   

Its very annoying when it happens but there is a anti detonation flag that should be used when playing dds.

Detonations are awesome!

I just love to detonate others, sadly it's so rare.

Getting detonated myself isn't as fun, yet it is so rare it isn't even worth thinking about.

@Miessa3: it's be like adding insult to injury if his thread gets locked and he gets banned on top of that. I'll be watching this thread closely and meanwhile, while we wait for the ban hammer i'll get me :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

Yesterday I detonated 2 enemy DDs with my DM, a full HP Kidd in the first salvo and a half HP Khaba, so a 12 vs 10 game, verry balancet komrade. It just makes no sense, and yes there are anti deto flags, you can not play them in all your games.

Suggestions

Chance of loosing a turret while reloading because of an accident during the reloading process

Chance of getting random fires because of crew members smoking in bed

There are endless possibilities! :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 2

*Edited happens - deal with it :Smile_glasses:

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

4 hours ago, Hardocky said:

That's fantastic advice. Thank you so much. What are the conditions for getting this signal?

Spoiler

I'm getting blue in the face every time I hear this smart..... advice :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Miessa3   
22 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Suggestions

Chance of loosing a turret while reloading because of an accident during the reloading process

Chance of getting random fires because of crew members smoking in bed

There are endless possibilities! :fish_cute_2:

Please don't give them ideas! :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 2

5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

According to the newest Q&A detonations are being reevaluated.

Don't expect any quick changes, though.

Can you source me? :) 

On the other hand i killed a DD yesterday. Pure skill.. 100% HP to zero in one salvo.... From a Z-23. :Smile-_tongue:

Okay, so I'm not opposed to detonations in general, but the current implementation is utterly terrible. The big problems are full health detonations and detonations caused by HE misses. 

The former should not happen at all, because all it does is create frustration. Instead detonation chance shoud either scale with % damage taken, starting at 0%, or only apply after a certain health threshold is reached. 

The latter simply invalidates all arguments citing detonations as some sort of "realism flavoring". Currently, HE ist the most effective ammo for causing detonations. All that is needed for a detonation roll to happen, is for a HE splash to intersect the magazine area, which makes no sense whatsoever for ships that have actual armour around their magazines (remember that clip of a destroyer blowing up Yamato?). If a ship has a citadel, it should only be possible to cause a detonation by an AP shell penetrating the magazine (and, of course, by torpedo hits in the turret area, as is now). The current "nearby HE explosion tipping over scented candles in the magazine" mechanism just feels wrong.

• Cool 3

26 minutes ago, Zombie_Wizard said:

Okay, so I'm not opposed to detonations in general, but the current implementation is utterly terrible. The big problems are full health detonations and detonations caused by HE misses. 

The former should not happen at all, because all it does is create frustration. Instead detonation chance shoud either scale with % damage taken, starting at 0%, or only apply after a certain health threshold is reached. 

What? frustrating? Noooo. I never get frustrated when i detonate. In fact i'm happy about it. I know it took the player that detonated me a lot of skill, thinking about positioning, map awareness and just good aim. 

I'm not frustrated about detonations at all! 

giphy.gif.047d828b5e10144ccb3f64b25bb80adb.gif

• Cool 2

Mangrey   
8 hours ago, Dirty_Filthy_Scrublord said:

Well rant over, let the trolls have their fun with the usual comments......couldn't give two s***s. Oh and WG, go ahead and batter me with the naughty bat.....again. Not bothered if you do.

get flag

mang

What's with all the threads today about the same thing... 

Equip the 70% detonation reduction module for DDs, you won't blow up much then.

1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

What's with all the threads today about the same thing... 

Equip the 70% detonation reduction module for DDs, you won't blow up much then.

You can do that. In fact, i have tried that. But that just makes you into a useless fishing boat. Torps and guns break all the time.

• Cool 2