Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mangrey

X-mas wish from WG

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

Hey WG

I made 2 there posts about this .... now It is going to be a topic. 

My wish is that Sunk Team mates will able to see trough a CVs eyes 

I really want this cuse there is little understanding from nonCV players how the CV works and how they have to react when there is a CV on the map:fish_glass: 

 

Mang

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Well, I remember watching videos about CV gameplay when I was a potato with no idea of why those damn flying things sank me everytime so I did that. Search what was going on with those CVs.

 

I came to understand how they drop you and the conditions they need for that and how to use that to my advantadge to evade their torpedo drops or at least make their life as difficult as possible.

 

Which you know what? I still do, because honestly, while I understood how they play and that benefited me, it's still a kind of game I don't like. And I understand it has to be there for the people that like it, but for me CVs are people playing a completely different game that has nothing to do with how everyone else plays except for sharing targets with your team that messes with what anyone else does at will of the CV player.

 

So, unpopular opinion as it is I loved every AA buff and I love making full AA builds on every ship decent at that to make CVs life as miserable as I can as any decent CV does with whoever it wants. And considering that's what happened with me and considering the amount of interest CVs create watching at the proportion of playerbase that bothers with them I don't know if making more "public" for everyone how a CV works would really reduce the hate for them.

 

That's just my opinion though.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts
5 hours ago, Mangrey said:

 

I really want this cuse there is little understanding from nonCV players how the CV works and how they have to react when there is a CV on the map:fish_glass: 

 

 

 

TBH there is little understanding how a CV works from a high proportion of CV players too. :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TAW]
Players
54 posts
18,642 battles

Well, there are all kinds of hollywood wisdoms, like "In Russia, cars drive you" etc. Apparently "in Russia you pay for presents" too :cap_happy:.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
4 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

And I understand it has to be there for the people that like it, but for me CVs are people playing a completely different game that has nothing to do with how everyone else plays except for sharing targets with your team that messes with what anyone else does at will of the CV player.

 

 

 

You can argue such a thing for DDs as well.

Stealthy IJN torpedo boats?
They don't use their guns, they just circle around with torpedoes. Nothing to do with how a BB plays.

Should there be weekly threads about how toxic they are?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,075 posts
9,129 battles

I think this one's a good idea.

Spoiler

But I have to admit I'm replying because of @Antura's profile picture being pretty badass! :cap_haloween:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles
7 hours ago, Mangrey said:

 

I really want this cuse there is little understanding from nonCV players how the CV works

 

 

Blame WG from making it really another game which most players aren't even interested in in the first place.

Not the players for seeing only arty 2.0

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
56 minutes ago, Vanhal said:

 

Blame WG from making it really another game which most players aren't even interested in in the first place.

Not the players for seeing only arty 2.0

 

If it weren't for CVs, the bile would be thrown at torpedoes.

All the arty whine is applicable: 
"It's unavoidable"
"I can't go out in the open or I'm hit"
"It causes camping!!11"
"It promotes static gameplay"
"the ones who push are punished!"
"So much damage!!!"
"Invisible scum"
etc...

Instead, players choose to see arty in a ship whose "ammunition" can be seen minutes in advance, which you can shoot down automatically, which you can in part repair, which you can maneuver to avoid, which you can panic with a press of a button, and which needs minutes to strike.

 

But that totally sounds like WoT arty just because the ship doing that is far away
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 


Players see what they want to see.
The first whiff and whine towards CVs marked their doom as the "sky disease" class of WoWS, which could just as easily have been DDs or even BBs, had the latters' armor models been what they are today instead of the unfinished pourous hell they were in CBT..

You could literally have CVs shooting harmless rainbows and being seen at all times, and it would still be the scapegoat of every single problem in the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
7 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Well, I remember watching videos about CV gameplay when I was a potato with no idea of why those damn flying things sank me everytime so I did that. Search what was going on with those CVs.

 

I came to understand how they drop you and the conditions they need for that and how to use that to my advantadge to evade their torpedo drops or at least make their life as difficult as possible.

 

Which you know what? I still do, because honestly, while I understood how they play and that benefited me, it's still a kind of game I don't like. And I understand it has to be there for the people that like it, but for me CVs are people playing a completely different game that has nothing to do with how everyone else plays except for sharing targets with your team that messes with what anyone else does at will of the CV player.

 

So, unpopular opinion as it is I loved every AA buff and I love making full AA builds on every ship decent at that to make CVs life as miserable as I can as any decent CV does with whoever it wants. And considering that's what happened with me and considering the amount of interest CVs create watching at the proportion of playerbase that bothers with them I don't know if making more "public" for everyone how a CV works would really reduce the hate for them.

 

That's just my opinion though.

well you used vids to make you self better... not many do that... thats why i want players to see how CV works ingame

 

 

mang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SSA]
Players
519 posts
16,261 battles

So you're basically talking about the same level of detail as in a replay with all squads selected ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,849 posts
6,152 battles
18 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

I want the same christmas events the NA servers has.

 

*Cough*christmas convoy 2016*cough*

This year it's not going to be Graff Spee, i'm certain it will be a higher tier ship, *cough*Musashi*cough*

With marathon dificulty apropriatly made :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×