Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mangrey

Improve IJN DDs

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

Hey

I was thinking that the all IJN Ships with torpedos need a boost, and im thinking Change the way that the ships reload.

As it is now the load all the torpedos on the same time. I want on IJN ships with torps they load one at the time. 

So lets say the reload is 130 sec with 5 torps. 130/5 = reload of one torp 

This way i want to improve the IJN torpedo armed ships.

Mang

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles

I'm happy with my Kamikaze and Shinonome as they are, maybe you should specify what DD's you mean.

• Cool 1

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

Basically you want to be able to fire a single torp every few seconds. Nope. You're never going to get that.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

Yes ... but few .... it is about the same time as BBs fire there cannons(on higher tir DDs)

mang

Beta Tester
1,857 posts
6,165 battles

I think just a slight decrease to theyr torpedo detection would do. :Smile_Default:

(if they would copypasta the old fubuki to t8 as she was, it would be a nice move aswell :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
47 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I'm happy with my Kamikaze and Shinonome as they are, maybe you should specify what DD's you mean.

If you want to argue that the line is fine use silver ships as examples, not a premium that was pulled from the shop for being OP and a reward ship that is better than the equivalent silver line ship at tier.

The IJN destroyers aren't fine, they are right now high RNG/low Reward line, and that's a bad thing. Lowering the detection rate of the torps might be a way to do it, as it gives the enemy less time to react.

• Cool 5

Players
934 posts
7,216 battles

Basically you want to be able to fire a single torp every few seconds. Nope. You're never going to get that

<cough> Smith?</cough>

In any case, I think the OP was asking for RN style torpedoes which can be fired one at a time. That would be a fine thing but is likely to be an RN DD/CL talent.

The IJN DDs seem fine around Tiers V-VII - do they suffer after that?

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

You can argue all you want Panasia are incoming funny when a Gering Hull is more stealthy than a shima WG DONT care as long as they stay one  the most played ships

Players
2,248 posts
14,326 battles
1 hour ago, Mangrey said:

Hey

I was thinking that the all IJN Ships with torpedos need a boost, and im thinking Change the way that the ships reload.

As it is now the load all the torpedos on the same time. I want on IJN ships with torps they load one at the time. 

So lets say the reload is 130 sec with 5 torps. 130/5 = reload of one torp 

This way i want to improve the IJN torpedo armed ships.

Mang

I don't believe quicker loading torpedoes is the right direct to go.

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Basically you want to be able to fire a single torp every few seconds. Nope. You're never going to get that

<cough> Smith?</cough>

In any case, I think the OP was asking for RN style torpedoes which can be fired one at a time. That would be a fine thing but is likely to be an RN DD/CL talent.

The IJN DDs seem fine around Tiers V-VII - do they suffer after that?

Nop ... Not the RN way ... the make a full reload.... as normal tubes dose 

I was it better .... I want to reload one Torp at the time and be able to use it 

mang

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
1 minute ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

I don't believe quicker loading torpedoes is the right direct to go.

well the full reload will be the same ... I want to be able to fire more torps 

mang

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
4 minutes ago, _LordLucan said:

i have this vision of 5 shimas with single launches creating a 20km long game of frogger...

well I have a vision of 2 CV tir 10 CV in a Squad ..... 

mang

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,132 posts
11,682 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I think just a slight decrease to theyr torpedo detection would do. :Smile_Default:

(if they would copypasta the old fubuki to t8 as she was, it would be a nice move aswell :Smile_trollface:

That is all they'll need to do. Why on earth are IJN torps on average 2 seconds more visible than every other nation!? Especially considering IJN DDs pretty much use torps as their main weapons...

• Cool 8

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

OK, I'm feeling I'm in a situation here like in a meeting in which I don't have any clue what they are talking about right now and I almost tempt to say "yes I agree" but I'm not. OP: I'm at a loss here. I really don't understand what you're saying or proposing. Could you please elaborate for me?

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
Just now, Ferry_25 said:

OK, I'm feeling I'm in a situation here like in a meeting in which I don't have any clue what they are talking about right now and I almost tempt to say "yes I agree" but I'm not. OP: I'm at a loss here. I really don't understand what you're saying or proposing. Could you please elaborate for me?

I want Single load for torpedos ..... so one torpedo tube at the time ...... not all X amount of tubes on the same time. 

Lets say I fire all torpedos from my shimmy ... it is 3x5 = 15 tubes ..... I want to reload 3 tubes at the time ONE tube for each luncher..... 

was that better ?

mang

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
4 minutes ago, Mangrey said:

I want Single load for torpedos ..... so one torpedo tube at the time ...... not all X amount of tubes on the same time. 

Lets say I fire all torpedos from my shimmy ... it is 3x5 = 15 tubes ..... I want to reload 3 tubes at the time ONE tube for each luncher..... 

was that better ?

mang

Then you might want to wait for the British destroyers. Because if Gallant is an indicator they will all have single shot capability.

One tube reload however is too complicated.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,132 posts
11,682 battles
3 minutes ago, Mangrey said:

was that better ?

mang

Single torp firing would be pretty OP in the right hands. Especially if you had 15 or even 2x10 with the Reload Booster. 

A DD could simply drive anything without radar or hydro well away from the action as 2 or 3 at a time is enough to make an enemy take evasive action and they'll have almost no way of knowing if you've fired everything. Not forgetting any potential flooding you might get. 

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Single torp firing would be pretty OP in the right hands. Especially if you had 15 or even 2x10 with the Reload Booster. 

A DD could simply drive anything without radar or hydro well away from the action as 2 or 3 at a time is enough to make an enemy take evasive action and they'll have almost no way of knowing if you've fired everything. Not forgetting any potential flooding you might get. 

all ships are OP in the right hands .... but the IJN had the best Torpedos and with the shite Det on them there is a chance to evade them even with the single load,,,, this might be better then lowing it the DET....

mang

[DAVY]
Players
384 posts
5,367 battles

IJNs are probably going to get the deep water torps, which as far as I have seen leaked seem to have the same stats as pre nerfed IJN ships just without the ability to 1 or 2 shot any ship that ain't a BB.

Players
143 posts
8,219 battles

I'd only change Shimakaze's detection to 5.6 and Akizuki's turning circle to something more reasonable. That is all.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
47 minutes ago, Thracen said:

IJNs are probably going to get the deep water torps, which as far as I have seen leaked seem to have the same stats as pre nerfed IJN ships just without the ability to 1 or 2 shot any ship that ain't a BB.

I dont think so and if .... you can remove that line form the game ..... DWP are a nerf...... I have a BOat with that BS allready .... and IT IS A NERF it is not fun being unable to attack a taget it sucks.... it is like a ship fast that sail past you and you are unablt to hit is cuse of slow rotating cannons

Nerf!

mang

Players
5,638 posts

IJN-DDs are fine for random matches (but not for clan wars). 

My IJN-DD high tier solo matches:

Spoiler

fdeb45iu.jpg

6wevrnq5.jpg

The problem is: People don't play tactically enough for this kind of ship. They die fast, they shoot torpedoes without thinking, they don't spot for their team, they avoid cap zones, they use their guns in wrong moments and so on. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,248 posts
14,326 battles
7 hours ago, Mangrey said:

well the full reload will be the same ... I want to be able to fire more torps 

mang

Japanese DD torpedoes are very powerful, but are handicapped by two things: high detection and dispersion.  Harekaze has 2x4 launchers that pretty much insure you will not land all your torpedoes on a single target at longer ranges; and even narrow spread has your torpedoes with gaps wide enough for BBs to maneuver through. Due to its single launch ability, the British DD Galant does not have this issue and can land every torpedo on target.  This is a powerful ability.

I am not sure your proposal would be balanced.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this