Ferry_25

Giulio Cesare guns accuracy

42 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

I know: it's me not the ship. I just can't help wondering on which specific Giulio the "legenday accurate" guns are located. As sure as hell not on my model. Yes it's laser accurate in straddling targets in 9/10 shots. Am I missing something (figuratively speaking)? Is there some other way to aim with this boat? As it is right now I'm getting the feeling to run back to the laser accurate, presicion, sniper shot guns of my fully secondary build Kurry....

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,141 posts
5,915 battles

GC accuracy works great at mid range. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

I use concealment range as the range when I start really shooting with most BBs, this is with CE etc Will take the odd longer range shot if there are broadsides.

GC is exceptional at T5 when you get used to her. I'm running something insane like 80k+ average damage after 10 or so games. On par with Nikolai guns except you have the gift of speed as well.

The guns have very good penetration characteristics too. Can citadel Oktobers and Kongos at mid range.

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Do you use the dispersion module? The other day I was tesing the AA module to see what the ship can do with T4/5 CVs at least with an AA build and I noticed that the dispersion was crazy without the module, maybe is that.

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

like I said: It's me not the ship. On the verge of giving up here. Yes I know: T5 BB's aren't the most accurate shooters. But in my GC the accuracy is stuff of legend. In missing that is. I really feel the Rainbow Warrior will do vastly more damage to an injured whale as I'm doing on a broadside cruiser at minimum range. I've bought Duca D'Aosta and GC from the pov of trying other lines and maybe thus helping to introduce a Dutch ship. But my passion is going that far. I'm getting done of almost guaranteed misses and getting totally wrecked by any ship looking funny at me. I didn't experience those problems with any other T5 BB's ever.

I absolutely don't want to play Baltiless Cearerea again.... To a dark place with the bonus winrate mission. Heck if I want to hexiple my winrate compared to that abomination, I'll take out Lepramore any time. Sorry my beautiful ship. I'm afraid you'll rust in peace in port...

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,242 battles

Your otimum range is around the 12 km mark I found. In 6 games (discounting testing a few months back) I have had two deletions (four if we count ships that were on low HP and died to the usual "unecessary citadel"). I found the guns to be rather accurate, even if not sniper levels.

My winrate in six games is rather low (33%), but it's early days yet, and the cpt is only 6 points old.

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

Thanks people. Still GC is the premium boat I'm seriously considering selling for silver. Tried a few battles and maybe it's the fact I've chosen the "admiral" version for the XP reward that's getting me into 6 DD's vs 5 with the CFV disadvantage in both cases. This POS is even yearning me back to Lepramore.... I can't hit anything in this ship: cruisers full BS on close range??? I'll straddle them fully in 99% of the cases.

What is the secret of this piece of garbage? Please. I'd love to know. I've bought it after Losa D'aosta. With the solely intention to promote other lines this game. And it's has disappointed me beyond reason. I saw your argument about Nicolai... Heck: I'd happily face Losio Ceasarea in my Nic. As far as I'm concerned: let me be Ambiorix for Roma in Nicolai any time. No way in he** I'll spend any dime for purchasing that boat.

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles

Unfortunately, right now the chance of meeting DDs has been increased by the new line emergence, so there's little to do about that...

As for the Cesare...

9lxLVsO.gif

Take your time. Try to get the "feel" of your guns.

I am far from sealclubbing with the GC, yet I manage to reach the EU server's average. If a potato like me can do that, you can surely do better!:Smile_great:

Btw, have you bought the accuracy module as you were advised, after all? That might make a bit of difference...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

GC guns are insane. My average damage so far is something berserk like 90k... 

The AP utterly crushes any Cruiser in the MM. Nothing up to T7 had any sort of armour that can resist you at any angle. Then just aim a bit higher vs BB once all the squishes are dead.

Their accuracy feel as good if not better then a T8 BB. Like a T5 Amagi. I'd even go as far to say she's possibly more OP than Nikolai as you can often just run away when vs the RU BB but there's no escape vs Ceasar. Of course, GC armour is far less forgiving than Nikolai and you don't get lulz MM.

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

@Historynerd Hell I did take the accuracy. I'm so sorry bro (sis?). It's me, not the ships but somehow I can't make the Italian line to function. It has got nothing to do with the fact I'm ravenously in love with your country, it's beauty, wonderful food and above all: you're stunning women. I absolutely adore the beauty of the Italian ship line. And coming from the apex naval country of the world I hope that's saying something. I don't know what's wrong with me but in the GC I simply can't hit anything, at any range at any angle. Duca D'Aosta was a grave dissapointment for me. But I didn't give up and took GC with the max bundle. I'm afraid this is the end of the line for me regarding Italian beauties in wows. Again: with all respect: it's not the ships, it's me. I absolutely fail in this line. I don't feel the guns: they just are extremely reliable in missing, bouncing or overpenning in my case.

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles
19 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. But you be the judge; if you feel the situation is hopeless... well, who am I to tell you to persevere?

Although I'd wish for you to not give up everything Italian for the future; when the Italian tree comes out, it might be interesting, and it's be a pity if such unfortunate experiences marred a possible source of fun.

It's not like a few premiums predict the characteristics of a line. Remember Warspite, it didn't announce the "burn baby burn" playstyle of RN BBs.

Oh, and btw I'm a guy; it's not that important, but given that I couldn't do anything to help you out, might as well give you the answers I can! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

This piece of ship is the first one I am seriously considering selling as a premium. Yes it's me, not the ship. For me it's the biggest disappointment in wows ever. I know I can't win every match but wtf. I can't snipe at distance, because the shells will miss. By definition. Yet I can't get close because I won't survive the trip. Any boat with guns looking funny at me will triple citadel me regardless what angle and ammo type. And that's in the best case scenario. I'm so sick and tired and done by being the dev strike donor I'm afraid I won't ever take this piece of garbage out ever again. My Duca d'Aosta is also collecting dust. My Italian friends: I've tried. I've tried real hard. But this is the end of the line regardless. I'd rather go grind the RN BS cruiser lines before ever touching your ships ever again. Even if a Silver line would ever appear. WTF would it matter? Yes: very quick and agile ships. But getting a guaranteed citadel when someone is aiming roughly in the 8 squares around mine? While missing every shot fired? Sorry and thanks but no thanks. I'll keep enjoying your wonderful culture, food, design and feminine beauty. But no more Italian ships for me. Done with getting oneshot or getting the "cholera attack sound by splashes 5 km away from me. Either I'm selling the ships to get port slots or they will rot away forever next to my Yamato and Lepramore. I'm here to have a good time. No, not winning all the time. But neither to get guaranteed humiliated every game.

tl:dr. Arriverdercy beautiful ships. I keep loving Italy et al to death. Only exception are the ships in wows.

[CATS]
Players
14,746 posts
10,882 battles

I just citadeled a Gneisenau with GC guns.

And a game before I tanked two Fusos and a New York and lived....

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I just citadeled a Gneisenau with GC guns.

And a game before I tanked two Fusos and a New York and lived....

Wut? :fish_nerv:

1513576496418.gif

/sarcasm

And here I thought that German BBs couldn't be citadeled, period. At least, that's what I said every time I met one...

[CATS]
Players
14,746 posts
10,882 battles

I admit, I was a "a bit" surprised, but I hit a well known weakspot, that is almost impossible to hit on purpose.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

German BBs can take cits under the front turrets or anywhere if it's at sniper range. 

Either way, a good superstructure strike can net 10k+ without a cit.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
535 posts

I just love this BB.

It`s what I`d call a fast heavy in wot.

It tends to overpen cruisers alot.

But when she doesn`t.....ooooh boi.

I find the guns pretty accurate for a tier 5 ship to be. Even at long ranges.

But they are brutal close in.

Players
600 posts

Warships Today EU stats for the last 2 weeks confirm that this is yet another pay to win ship.

59.7% win rate, 50% survival rate, 54k average damage, 2.5 kills per death.

Really poor game balance when the top 10 tier V ships by win rate are all premiums. And when the GC has a 6% better win rate than the best Tier V silver ship; the Bertin and an 11% better win rate than the New York.

This game is becoming less and less a genuine free to play game.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

Average damage for me is way higher. Actually feels like one of the most accurate BBs at the mid tiers, if not including all tiers of BB.

Decent accuracy paired with 10 guns and high speed is OP for T5. Nothing at the tier can touch you for all round tactical flexibility. Poor Kongo has been seriously power creeped, her 14" guns are lesser in comparison and she's a huge target. 

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

Fantastic guns, despite them being low caliber and only 44 calibers long.
You'd think they would lack penetration, damage and accuracy, but damn...I feel more confident with those than the Kongo's 356mm

All that on a very neat, compact and quick package.

Great ship.
Too good even.

• Cool 1

[RUFL]
Players
183 posts
3,909 battles

I would encourage you hang on to that ship just a little longer. You may come to like it further down the road and will then regret selling it, if WG one day decides it will be only be available through Santa boxes. Even it you despise the ship now just shelve it for now and give it another try later :Smile_Default:

Like most people I personally love this ship. Despite having some horrible games over the last two days (I blame the DoY campaign tasks), my very first game playing it was a true citadel-fest :Smile_teethhappy:

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,432 battles
On 03/12/2017 at 10:09 PM, Ferry_25 said:

Thanks people. Still GC is the premium boat I'm seriously considering selling for silver. Tried a few battles and maybe it's the fact I've chosen the "admiral" version for the XP reward that's getting me into 6 DD's vs 5 with the CFV disadvantage in both cases. This POS is even yearning me back to Lepramore.... I can't hit anything in this ship: cruisers full BS on close range??? I'll straddle them fully in 99% of the cases.

What is the secret of this piece of garbage? Please. I'd love to know. I've bought it after Losa D'aosta. With the solely intention to promote other lines this game. And it's has disappointed me beyond reason. I saw your argument about Nicolai... Heck: I'd happily face Losio Ceasarea in my Nic. As far as I'm concerned: let me be Ambiorix for Roma in Nicolai any time. No way in he** I'll spend any dime for purchasing that boat.

Don't sell it buddy you will regret it for an age....