You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Xinyue

GZ TEST 1 NEEDS IMMEDIATE BUFF

47 comments in this topic

[PAD]
Players
13 posts
13,881 battles

Hey guys, don't you think that the GZ test 1 needs immediate buffs?

The ship is SO UNDERPOWER. I just had a game where I was sailing a Tirpitz, and the enemy GZ test 1 decided to bomb me. I was at full hp and started to turn in full speed, trying to dodge the bomb. Guess what happened?

ALL OF HIS BOMBS WERE BOUNCE!! HE DID 0/ZERO/NULL//ゼロ DMG TO ME!!

AND THOSE BOMBS, AFTER RICOCHETED COMPLETE FROM MY SHIP, FLEW ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE GZ TEST 1 AND ALMOST KILLED HIM!! He was at full hp and after the strike, he has like 2000 hp.

I was deeply astonished. This ship is so underpowered.

Firstly, we all know that the GZ test 1 is extremely hard to play: You have to left click at least 1 time to use those weak bombers. I can not imagine myself doing this, it is just too hard. You have to first avoid clicking the wrong button (the left button is the right one, and the right button is the wrong one. OMG so fxxking confusing right?), and then you have to click it at least once! To make it worse, sometimes you have to click THREE times if you want to attack multiple targets!!  Shouldn't WG reward those brave and skillful players who dare to play this horrible ship?

Secondly, the bombers are too weak. We know that the Tirpitz has very weak armor, and an OP battleship like Yamato, the only T10 BB which has never been built in real life and which has the highest win rate and avg dmg among all other T10 BBs, could one shot a Tirpitz at any angle, at any range. I am not saying that the GZ should be able to do that, but at least she should have some kind of strike power instead of doing 0 dmg. Don’t forget the GZ is very hard to play, while a 3 years old could play the Yamato and get a 160k avg dmg.

I just don’t understand why this ship is designed in this way. Just too weak. Whoever plays this ship, will have his game experience completely ruined. But, I still have confidence in WG. This ship has been put into the game for testing for only 1 day, right? The intelligent and efficient WG will for sure immediately notice that the ship is underpowered and then removes it from the game to avoid ruining players’ game experience. They will not leave it there any longer because there is no need to collect any more data considering the fact the ship is just too weak. I just want to kindly suggest to WG that give the GZ a big buff. Thanks.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,399 posts
13,813 battles
5 minutes ago, Xinyue said:

ALL OF HIS BOMBS WERE BOUNCE!! HE DID 0/ZERO/NULL//ゼロ DMG TO ME!!

AND THOSE BOMBS, AFTER RICOCHETED COMPLETE FROM MY SHIP, FLEW ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE GZ TEST 1 AND ALMOST KILLED HIM!!

Uh...

Was he on your team?

• Cool 1

[PAD]
Players
13 posts
13,881 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

Uh...

Was he on your team?

Nope, he was on the enemy team. It was not a team kill penalty. 

Players
3,323 posts
5,771 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Uh...

Was he on your team?

That would make sense then :D

@OP: Ive been thinking about the GZ the last days. Came to the conclusion: WG is going in the right direction with this CV. I like the concept. Able to punish ships out of position with full force, but has problems against a team, that knows how to position.

Btw: why do you think, you should have the ability to one-shot nearly everything on the map, but a CV shouldbt be able to do the same thing to you?

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
272 posts
6,393 battles

I find it ironic that the only German CV is being forcibly tailored to punish it's own BBKameraden the most. You know, the only battleship line that doesn't fit the long range sniping meta...

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

lol the GZ is still being tested? :cap_haloween:

But of course, they need to milk the customers testers.

Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles

What I find amusing is the community has their claws around WG neck and they are giving in. What they should have done is SCRAP the whole ship and release it under a different name later on and If people don't like it.....well too bad don't buy it.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles
2 hours ago, P2Win said:

What I find amusing is the community has their claws around WG neck and they are giving in. What they should have done is SCRAP the whole ship and release it under a different name later on and If people don't like it.....well too bad don't buy it.

They should have just refunded everyone instead of have this weird paid for Work in Progress. It's just strange using the community instead of their own STs, it's not even a PR success doing what they've done in my eyes.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
4 hours ago, juanxmar said:

But of course, they need to milk the customers testers.

since you clearly dont know any thing ... maby leave it 

First match with the new GZ1 i bombed a Yamato for 9k with 18 bombers and lost 15 planes .... the need to improve the Pene on the new bombs 

mang

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
14 hours ago, Mangrey said:

since you clearly dont know any thing ... maby leave it

So they are not using you as free testers, gotcha...

Players
151 posts

Although I can appreciate the sarcasm of the OP (Xinyue) it does make me wonder if the OP has ever used one of the GZ TEST ships in order to get a look from the "other side of the hill"?

The Armour Piercing Bombs which are used by the 1939-era PRE-WAR Ju 87 C-1 bomber that the GRAF ZEPPELIN up till now has been "stuck" with (compared to all other Tier 8 Carriers in WOWS which have 1942-to-1946 era Aircraft) not only are dropped from the slowest bomber with the lowest amount of hit points at Tier 8, 9 and 10 BUT these AP Bombs can give some interesting random results.

The GRAF ZEPPELIN AP Bombs can do from 0 to 840 to about a maximum 6500 damage per bomb hit. Some matches the hits average about 1000 damage, some matches they average higher than 1000 damage, which I admit is not nice for the target being bombed. Then of course sometimes in GRAF ZEPPELIN you get no hits at all even if the (battleship) target is fully stationary, you can get those fine 0x hit bombing results in GRAF ZEPPELIN against fully stationary targets both with and without using manual attack.

If you like that sort of thing, then it is really a pleasure to use!  One can highly recommend that to the OP once he/she tires of his/her TIRPITZ.

And a specially pleasurable experience is attacking a MONTANA, IOWA or MISSOURI with GRAF ZEPPELIN since scoring an AP Bomb hit on these ships on average will yield you about 1000 to 2000 damage per AP Bomb with AT BEST on average x7 Bomb hits scored per attack by 18x Ju 87 C-1. And as a bonus most of the time a solitary sailing MONTANA, IOWA or MISSOURI shoots down about at least 12x out of 18x bombers when you attack them, unless of course when they are setup for AAA then they will shoot all 18x Ju 87 C-1 bombers down before they can even drop a single bomb/torpedo. That is always a nice fireworks thing to watch, although you can only do that about 2x times before all the Ju 87 C-1 bombers aboard GRAF ZEPPELIN are shot down.

In the average Tier 8, 9 or 10 match you can at best make about 3x full strength attacks (with 3x6 = 18 Ju 87 C-1) per match with GRAF ZEPPELIN, that means that you get to enjoy the results described above every 7 or so minutes. And that only if the enemy Carrier commander is so kind as to sit back and let you make your attacks without him interfering with them.

It is nice that there are still a few good sport battleship commanders around in matches from time to time who are kind enough to sail fully alone and in a nice straight line while you bomb them in GRAF ZEPPELIN, that way you have some nice targets to practice on with your GRAF ZEPPELIN. After bombing them these good sport battleship commanders usually will thank you kindly with fully appropriate four letter words in text chat, that too is something which I am sure the OP will learn to appreciate.

On the other hand there are those bad sport battleship commanders who all sail together within the 2+ Quadrant protective AAA fire of friendly AAA cruisers preventing a single bomber from even dropping a single bomb/torpedo on them, it is always a pleasure to see such an enemy battle fleet that sails stightly together for a full 20-minute match, that tactic gives the GRAF ZEPPELIN commander some time to make a cup of coffee and calmly wait till the match time is over, unless of course he wants to use his aircraft for the nice fireworks display they give as they are all shot down helplessly by the combined fleet massed enemy AAA.

Still not convinced?

An example, of a best possible result.

TIRPITZ - 12x AP Bomb hits = 76,566 damage (versus a good sport TIRPITZ commander, sailing solitary and in a nice straight line)

WBsFMVC.png

Then an example of what you see more often than not, in this case 3x attacks by about 3x6 = 18x Ju 87 C-1 attacks (so about 54x Ju 87 C-1 in total) on an enemy GRAF ZEPPELIN, the same results can easily be achieved against any enemy destroyer, cruiser, battleship or other carrier fortunately.

GRAF ZEPPELIN - 27x AP Bomb hits = 27,110 damage

After those three airstrike attacks on the enemy GRAF ZEPPELIN the best course of action seemed to be to engage the enemy Carrier ship-to-ship, the gunnery hits and the gunnery related fires they started eventually managed to sink her. That is not to be recommended versus enemy Battleships and Cruisers alas.

YgX93d2.png

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
3 hours ago, juanxmar said:

So they are not using you as free testers, gotcha...

the are not using us .... we where arsked if we wanted the money back or help change the boat and keep it 

mang

[AAO]
Supertester
109 posts
6,908 battles
2 hours ago, Widar_Thule said:

snip

Surprisingly articulate for a griefer. Please more of this and less griefing in-game, yeah?

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles
2 minutes ago, FireRM said:

Surprisingly articulate for a griefer. Please more of this and less griefing in-game, yeah?

Which language do you prefer your lullaby to be sung in? You know, so the bad griefer who just wanted to play the game as well won't haunt you in your dreams. 

[DREAD]
Players
5,085 posts
5,058 battles
20 hours ago, Negativvv said:

They should have just refunded everyone instead of have this weird paid for Work in Progress. It's just strange using the community instead of their own STs, it's not even a PR success doing what they've done in my eyes.

Don't agree. CVs are in a horrible state - tiny elite almost nobody interested.

Using the release disaster as a way to get a much larger audience into testing is smart - even if these will be a lot of average Joes. And the ppl involved will like the ship - they have been part of it's development. 

So while the rushed release was a mistake I don't get the bashing afterwards. I think WG did well in managing this PR nightmare and got some very wide variety of test results this way.

+1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles
36 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Don't agree. CVs are in a horrible state - tiny elite almost nobody interested.

Using the release disaster as a way to get a much larger audience into testing is smart - even if these will be a lot of average Joes. And the ppl involved will like the ship - they have been part of it's development. 

So while the rushed release was a mistake I don't get the bashing afterwards. I think WG did well in managing this PR nightmare and got some very wide variety of test results this way.

+1

Dunno about that, haven't heard many opinions re GZ but they may be under NDA.

I can't see many enjoying GZ in her various test decks. T7 planes at T8 with the smallest reserves of any T8 CV is a disaster. Although that's just from me farming them. 

Thing is the amount of "testing" that's been done since August shows the ship was never in any fit release state and whatever spin is placed on it afterwards only diverts attention away from the awfully handled release. 

It's fair but critical feedback rather than bashing I think.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles

Those 10-plane squadrons are quite messed up though.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles
21 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Those 10-plane squadrons are quite messed up though.

They're just horribly unbalanced as they can brutalise enemy groups but will also fail hard vs X2 fighter players with a brain... An Enterprise can just go head to head with GZ and bleed her of fighters. A 31 reserve vs 14...

[DREAD]
Players
5,085 posts
5,058 battles
36 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Dunno about that, haven't heard many opinions re GZ but they may be under NDA.

I can't see many enjoying GZ in her various test decks. T7 planes at T8 with the smallest reserves of any T8 CV is a disaster. Although that's just from me farming them. 

Thing is the amount of "testing" that's been done since August shows the ship was never in any fit release state and whatever spin is placed on it afterwards only diverts attention away from the awfully handled release. 

It's fair but critical feedback rather than bashing I think.

As said, the initial release was a mistake but how it was handled afterwards was pretty good imo. Ppl will still be able to return the ship after testing but I doubt many will do. Same as for MK.

Players
5,638 posts

Forget ALL GZ Test Results. There are no real GZ testers. There is only a cat running over the keyboard.

tvtruufc.jpg

lb4hmgfc.jpg

p4h3p45p.jpg

qtmdia7p.jpg

You can't balance a game with such "testers".

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles
3 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

As said, the initial release was a mistake but how it was handled afterwards was pretty good imo. Ppl will still be able to return the ship after testing but I doubt many will do. Same as for MK.

The idea itself is sound but the decks feel like they were designed by someone who either doesn't play CV or is trying to punish those not asking for a refund. All the GZs I've farmed along with others mentioned on here. I don't CV stats check anymore but I've played GZ players who are competent but simply run out of steam due to T7 planes with a small hanger.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles
2 minutes ago, darky_fighter said:

Forget ALL GZ Test Results. There are no real GZ testers. There is only a cat running over the keyboard.

tvtruufc.jpg

p4h3p45p.jpg

You can't balance a game with such "testers".

That's frustration at playing for a play test of an unfinished product...

The best I've ever seen a GZ do is when it shredded my Sims with secondaries as I had no idea they were that strong. It almost killed the Chapy behind me too lel