Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Upgrade Slot Changes

7 comments in this topic

[SSA]
Players
522 posts
16,269 battles

I prefer them sorted by function instead of price but that may just be a matter of habit.

• Cool 1

[BAD-B]
Players
653 posts
2,353 battles
21 hours ago, rnat said:

I prefer them sorted by function instead of price but that may just be a matter of habit.

They were not sorted by anything before, there were no slot numbers in the UI that I'd notice. The new order will be equally transparent. It will just confuse a lot of people watching old YT ship reviews .... that will be about the net result of the change.

Another unnecessary change (same as the Tech tree change) ....

[SSA]
Players
522 posts
16,269 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

They were not sorted by anything before, there were no slot numbers in the UI that I'd notice.

Going from left to right (6 slots)

1-3: Armament related (Main battery, Torpedo, Secondary and AA, Planes for CVs)

4-5: Survivability (Dmg-con, Maneuverability and preservation thereof)

6: Spotting related (introduction of steering gears mod 3 kinda ruined the theme here)

[BAD-B]
Players
653 posts
2,353 battles
11 hours ago, rnat said:

Going from left to right (6 slots)

1-3: Armament related (Main battery, Torpedo, Secondary and AA, Planes for CVs)

4-5: Survivability (Dmg-con, Maneuverability and preservation thereof)

6: Spotting related (introduction of steering gears mod 3 kinda ruined the theme here)

Hello Cpt. Obvious, thanks for the explanation ... My point was that the price of modules had nothing to do with slot position and was never considered to be the ordering factor so rearranging them according to price has about the same meaning as the previous ordering and thus is not needed or wanted ...

And to repeat again, there were not slot numbers in the UI anywhere, so I can order them 1,6,3,2,4,5 if I want and it's about as valid as 1-6 ...

[SSA]
Players
522 posts
16,269 battles
23 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Hello Cpt. Obvious, thanks for the explanation

Thank you for being so nice. The whole reason i wrote the order down was because of this statement:

On 17/11/2017 at 11:55 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

They were not sorted by anything before, there were no slot numbers in the UI that I'd notice.

I can't smell that you only referred to the fact that they weren't numbered instead of implying that there's no order at all.

Sry for feeling the need to reply to this, please don't bother answering.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,987 posts

All considered it is a bad change. You introduce Incremental Value logic in place of Category (first slots correspond to offensive/defensive value, while last three correspond to survival value).  It is not needed. If anything, change cost of upgrades so they'd fit your new approach.