Bug Reports

38 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
2,763 battles
  • Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in Public Test 0.6.12 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
    Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
    Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
    Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
    Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details
    Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

Beta Tester
191 posts
11,367 battles

1. Description

Ingame Graphics freezed after changing to Planecam after carriers dead

2. Reproduction steps

Played Midway Ship got sunk, pressed Space to change view to figher planes

3. Result

You hear sounds, you can chat, you see point counter (works), but graphics "stuck" on a 1s loop, clock doesn't work, can't change to map, after battle blackscreen behind the results, port view bugged, screenshots don

According to clanmate it happens every time when your cv sink 

Also you cant leave game without killing it with task manager
4. Expected result

No graphics crash after cv dead

5. Technical details
.DxDiag.txt

shot-17.11.16_18.27.49-0203.jpg

shot-17.11.16_18.35.52-0026.jpg

shot-17.11.16_18.36.03-0338.jpg

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles

Description: The game video stoped once I got destroyed in my Essex. Game UI kept working and I could access menus it was just that the 3D rendering image was static with my burning wreck. Once I got back to port I was greeted by this redering of Essex. The flames were moving and the game heavily lagged. I could interact with the UI and menus but couldn't move the "model" at all.

shot-17.11.16_18.37.55-0973.jpg

DxDiag.txt

Edit: Looks like the same bug as above

• Cool 1

[-BSH-]
Players
49 posts
4,752 battles
Just now, OVanBruce said:

Description: The game video stoped once I got destroyed in my Essex. Game UI kept working and I could access menus it was just that the 3D rendering image was static with my burning wreck. Once I got back to port I was greeted by this redering of Essex. The flames were moving and the game heavily lagged. I could interact with the UI and menus but couldn't move the "model" at all.

shot-17.11.16_18.37.55-0973.jpg

Second this one, my Gneisenau glitched after I sank; I then returned to this exact screen. 

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles

Erhm, it happened again. This time in the middle of a match, out of nowhere. UI worked, could see the numbers and icons of my squads being decimated. 3D video rendering just froze.

You better fix this quick or properly testing the USN CVs will be impossible.

shot-17.11.16_19.23.06-0336.jpg

This time when match was over and I could go back to port the game didn't even render anything

shot-17.11.16_19.30.10-0942.jpg

[MASH]
Players
7 posts
9,699 battles
4 hours ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

1. Description

Ingame Graphics freezed after changing to Planecam after carriers dead

2. Reproduction steps

Played Midway Ship got sunk, pressed Space to change view to figher planes

3. Result

You hear sounds, you can chat, you see point counter (works), but graphics "stuck" on a 1s loop, clock doesn't work, can't change to map, after battle blackscreen behind the results, port view bugged, screenshots don

According to clanmate it happens every time when your cv sink 

Also you cant leave game without killing it with task manager
4. Expected result

No graphics crash after cv dead

5. Technical details
.DxDiag.txt

shot-17.11.16_18.27.49-0203.jpg

shot-17.11.16_18.35.52-0026.jpg

shot-17.11.16_18.36.03-0338.jpg

Can confirm this is happening with T7,8,9 and 10 carriers

shot-17.11.16_22.20.28-0754.jpg

Beta Tester
191 posts
11,367 battles

Ok i can confirm that it happens when your cv sinks.

Just sunk myself (after game was 100% won) and got the freeze a few seconds after the ship was dead ~ 5-8 secs. Both times in Midway

Players
366 posts

When i saw and read the new information on what we were to expect in the 0.6.14 Public Test Server update, we were supposed to test the Pan_Asian tech tree ships as part of the new update and to be implemented into the main game at some point in the future.

If this is the case then why are the Pan_Asian Tech tree still blocked out so as we are not able to test them so as to correct any bugs.

Too add to this the new scenario "The Ultimate Frontier" is flawed too as the enemy CV Raptor does not show and the scenario is unwinnable.

Furthermore the test server game launcher is so slow at all parts it still loading port screen many minutes after starting and even longer at the player load screen before battles therefore starting battles late.   

[RBMF]
Players
160 posts
17,919 battles

1. Description

Ingame Graphics freeze 

2. Reproduction steps

Played Ranger game froze
3. Result

Game unresponsive had to Ctrl alt Delete to exit game 

4. Expected result

Game to run as planned

5. Technical details

[RBMF]
Players
160 posts
17,919 battles

1. Description

Ingame Graphics freeze 

2. Reproduction steps

Played Hindenburg got sunk as game ended  
3. Result

Burning plane shown in port then Game unresponsive had to Ctrl alt Delete to exit game 

4. Expected result

Game to run as planned

5. Technical details

Cant show Screen shot as game was in full screen and just gives a blank screen shot unless in windowed mode

[QTANG]
Players
1,086 posts
18,512 battles
9 hours ago, MrConway said:

Please share all bugs encountered in Public Test 0.6.12 below

Post appears buggy.

Can confirm graphics freezing after dying as a carrier. Got responsive again (albeit with no background) on results-screen

before completely freezing up upon returning to port requiring ctrl+alt+del

Weekend Tester
1,033 posts
25,522 battles

Aye, can confirm all of the above. There is no carrier sinking animation. Plus you can't go into freecam after death. The result screen appears with a black background. In port, you either have a weird dead plane/ship animation, or no you don't see a ship at all.

shot-17.11.17_03.26.01-0564.jpg

shot-17.11.17_03.25.50-0160.jpg

shot-17.11.17_03.25.36-0016.jpg

shot-17.11.17_03.24.29-0795.jpg

shot-17.11.16_22.25.20-0711.jpg

Players
41 posts
1,027 battles

1. Description

Ingame Graphics freeze  (3 games out of 12)

2. Reproduction steps

Played 3 different ships in Scenario and Random games  
3. Result

Game 1: Frozen at 17:38  had to reboot to get back in game  (Scenario)

Game 2: Frozen at 20:00  finally Bumped out to log-in screen then bumped again finally finished the game. (Random)

Game 3: Frozen with 7:38 on Rouen timer.  had to reboot  game over before I could reboot

4. Expected result

Game to run as planned

5. Technical details

No screenshots at this time

I think that these are the correct replay files I'll post them directly after the game next time

20171116_184532_PJSB010-Nagato-1944_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

20171116_171609_PJSC008-Myoko-1945_s06_Atoll.wowsreplay

Beta Tester
46 posts
4,064 battles

Happened to me in Pensacola, always after getting killed. Can't exit game or start new battle. Get nicely renderd burning plane instead of any ship, can even buy an dsell ships, equip them but cant start battle - leaving game via task manger only.

That's quite an impressive load of buggyness there

[AS13]
Players
8 posts
15,848 battles

same here as above:  graphics frozen, need for task manager to exit the game

[PMPT]
Beta Tester
55 posts
12,380 battles

Opening Container froze the game too, and playing a us carrier in random battle.

Exit game wont work, has to force close via task manager

Players
3,998 posts
7,552 battles

The in game payments for upgrades, servicing etc seem to be bugged.  It's not consistent and can be worked around but it seem like the game is having difficulty recognizing the balance on the credit and doubloon accounts..

Players
730 posts
11,195 battles

1. Description

HUD froze after killing a ship in PVE, didn't react to steering or gun commands until restarting the client.

2. Reproduction steps

Selected the KGV for the new PVE Mission, game behaved normal until I killed the Omaha spawning in the north-east. Then the game bugged out on me, my ship sailed out of view. Effects from fires were still displayed at the bottom of the screen, ribbons for automatic stuff like secondary hits and AA kills still popped up.

3. Result

I could type in chat and trigger my consumable, but I could neither center my view back on my ship, nor could I steer, aim or switch to free camera view. Basically my Point of View was stuck at the moment where the omaha blew up indefinitely,  while the ship itself kept sailing. Issue only resolved itself after I killed the client through the windows task manager and restarted the game.

4. Expected result

I should have been able to steer my ship, aim my guns/change my camera position and switch between normal and binocular view. 

5. Technical details

Game bugged out at 18.11.2017, 14:59 CET

shot-17.11.18_14.59.48-0510.jpg

shot-17.11.18_15.01.41-0060.jpg

shot-17.11.18_15.02.51-0324.jpg

1. Description

Game froze after reaching the loading screen for the PVE Mission

2. Reproduction steps

1. Selected the Fiji in port

2. hit the "play" button for the new PVE Mission

3. Game froze at loading screen (see screenshot no1)

3. Result

Couldn't get into the game, waited for quite some time (20+ minutes) and when I shut down the client via Task Manager and restarted the game, the mission was won with no contribution of myself. (see screenshot No2)

4. Expected result

Round should have loaded fully and switched to the battle itself after finishing

5. Technical details
Bug time: about 16:00 CET today

shot-17.11.18_16.02.08-0600.jpg

shot-17.11.18_16.19.29-0794.jpg

Players
8 posts
3,084 battles

So with the latest PT release.....0.6.14 there are a few bugs I've noticed. The main one I see a lot is the one where after a battle you go back to your port and there is a water geyser, sometimes there is also a FIRE storm around the base of the water geyser. At that point you cannot exit the game from the NORMAL methods and have to use the CNTRL ATL DELETE method to shut the game down.

Also I have the strange function of the RIGHT mouse button being the one that allows you to send out planes and auto pilot them to the target. In the regular game it is the LEFT mouse button that allows this function?! The game also locks up and you get the ERROR report file when left unattended for a short period of time.....don't really know what that's about.

Players
366 posts

The Ultimate Frontier Cv is now there but you have it with the wrong name instead of the Raptor it's the Ranger and can be confusing if players are looking for the Raptor.

There is still no voice in the mission and secondary prompts commands.

Maybe you Dev's need to play this scenario as you fix it before you place it in main game.

Also there are now when playing a carrier in any game the screen locks up though the action still plays but the ships/planes icons in map or screen do not move i would have supplied a replay but for this issue but that replay does not want to load or work.