Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LuckySkilled

Mission expiration date

11 comments in this topic

Question

[BAD-A]
Players
20 posts
4,801 battles

There was a mission available with ending date 16/11. As I didn't have enough time I was gonna finish it today (16/11) but it's already gone

I thought missions were available until the very last day stated, so 16/11 included?

10 answers to this question

[PUPSI]
Players
6,241 posts
31 minutes ago, LuckySkilled said:

Well I thought like until noon

I guess you mean the weekly mission Battle of Guadalcanal...and for this the announcement is very clear:

The following Missions will be available in game from 9 November at 06:00 CET (UTC+1) until 16 November at 06:00 CET (UTC +1).

[PUPSI]
Players
6,241 posts
1 minute ago, LuckySkilled said:

I thought missions were available until the very last day stated, so 16/11 included?

I guess it ended at 6:00 this morning, the usual time in winter, so it WAS available until the very last day stated.

[BAD-A]
Players
20 posts
4,801 battles

Well I thought like until noon

And basically I've never kept a mission I want to complete until the very last day so I didn't really know

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,389 posts
6,116 battles

Our missions unfortunately end in the early morning. Why? Because that is the usual time for server restarts, updates etc. - it is better to have missions by default start / end at that time and thuis not get them interrupted so much (esp. as it is also a low activity time so less chance of someone's mission ending in the middle of battle).

Unfortunately the interface shows just day, not the hour - maybe we can bump a suggestion up to get a timer similar to Clan Battle prime time there :)

[WGP2L]
[WGP2L]
Players
27 posts
9,755 battles
13 hours ago, Tuccy said:

Our missions unfortunately end in the early morning. Why? Because that is the usual time for server restarts, updates etc. - it is better to have missions by default start / end at that time and thuis not get them interrupted so much (esp. as it is also a low activity time so less chance of someone's mission ending in the middle of battle).

Unfortunately the interface shows just day, not the hour - maybe we can bump a suggestion up to get a timer similar to Clan Battle prime time there :)

Couldn't you just add a timer so that the mission ends at midnight before the server update? Honestly, this would not only provide a lot of clarity and remove confusing situations but it would also be great for the daily container grind as well as with other timed stuff (even though it would give us a few hours less to grind the missions in).

[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles

And the people still playing at that time would be furious.

I think the chosen time is the best time for ending missions, but I agree that a timer would be nice.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,389 posts
6,116 battles
On 11/22/2017 at 8:05 AM, CountMordrek said:

Couldn't you just add a timer so that the mission ends at midnight before the server update? Honestly, this would not only provide a lot of clarity and remove confusing situations but it would also be great for the daily container grind as well as with other timed stuff (even though it would give us a few hours less to grind the missions in).

As ColonelPete points out, this timing would hit still quite a lot of players - the early morning is selected both for updates. Least chance of interrupting someone mid gameplay session.

[WGP2L]
[WGP2L]
Players
27 posts
9,755 battles
23 hours ago, Tuccy said:

As ColonelPete points out, this timing would hit still quite a lot of players - the early morning is selected both for updates. Least chance of interrupting someone mid gameplay session.

True - but then you could add hours to the given time frame and then as some suggested present a timer with X days left which become X hours left once it’s only 24 hours left. However, I guess you already have enough suggestions to think about so I’ll only send a “have a nice day” along the way :)

Sign in to follow this